Official Bryan Murray Discussion Thread

topshelf15

May 5, 2009
Guys, and gals, how is Murray doing, health wise? He has a place in a lot of our hearts in South Florida, and I was wondering how he is doing?
He has been good so far ,he still hasnt made up his mind as to if he wants to continue as our gm or take a less pressure role as president yet though

WORLDSTARHIPHOP

Sens <<<<<<<<<< NHL
May 31, 2008
Guys, and gals, how is Murray doing, health wise? He has a place in a lot of our hearts in South Florida, and I was wondering how he is doing?

Honestly from interviews and stuff he looks pretty good, albeit skinnier. Not sure if other information has been disclosed otherwise.

Larionov

Feb 9, 2005
Ottawa, ON
Honestly from interviews and stuff he looks pretty good, albeit skinnier. Not sure if other information has been disclosed otherwise.

I thought that he looked notably thinner lately - it made me concerned. I am convinced, though, that he will continue working until right to the end, so speculating about when he might step aside is moot. That's what he wants, and he's earned the right to call his own shot on this.

pepty

Let's win it all
Feb 22, 2005
I thought he looked and sounded more discouraged than I have seen him before. He may still have had hopes of the team winning a Cup before and realized that will never happen for him perhaps...anyway he seemed more resigned in his interviews.

Langdon Alger

Apr 19, 2006
If Murray does step down are we to assume Dorion takes over or will we go outside the organization to get someone? Any good options out threre?

Filatov2Kovalev2Bonk

Effortless sexy.
Jul 13, 2006
Cumberland
If Murray does step down are we to assume Dorion takes over or will we go outside the organization to get someone? Any good options out threre?

It's almost certain Dorion will be the guy. Murray would likely not allow an outside hire and doing things internally will be cheaper on the whole. Dorion is fairly decent, though I do like Grame calling him "P.R." Dorion for how he pumps his prospects, haha.

Savitar

AKA Jose
Jan 15, 2013
Murray needs to go now, this team is going into the ground, how many messes does Murray get to clean up?? Terrible, I am not thrilled with The Euge

Tuna99

Sep 26, 2009
A lot of our problems go back to the Muckler years, especially when it comes to drafting, but Murray has made some messes himself. Bad trades, bad contracts for example.

Murrays been GM for 9 years, this has nothing to do with Muckler.

Muckler left Murray with a Stanley Cup Finalist that won the Preside ts trophy the year before. A hugely asset rich team, and Murray has done nothing with it.

After Cameron gets fired this summer - in 9 years = 7 coaching changes, 1 playoff round win. And he was given a Cup finalist with full budget for many years.

Murray is a gong show, his final move will be signing Scott Gomez and leaving a team that should be in the playoffs offs with the worst defensive team in hockey.

Brutal. Not to mention all the talent he has let slip through his hands for nothing, Spezza, bishop, heatley, fisher, Alfie.

jason2020

Sep 24, 2014

Muckler left Murray with a Stanley Cup Finalist that won the Preside ts trophy the year before. A hugely asset rich team, and Murray has done nothing with it.

After Cameron gets fired this summer - years, 7 coaching changes, 1 playoff round win. And he was given a Cup finalist with full budget for many years.

Murray is a gong show, his final move will be signing Scott Gomez and leaving a team that should be in the playoffs offs with the worst defensive team in hockey.

Brutal. Not to mention all the talent he has let slip through his hands for nothing, Spezza, bishop, heatley, fisher, Alfie.

That Stanly Cup finalist had little to no prospects and very few high picks as they were traded away and had many players they had to let walk due to cap issues and no there not the worse d in the league now with Spezza as said many many times he had a no trade clause and Heatley see this is the issue people blame that on Murray when he was not the gm.

guyzeur

Mar 25, 2009
Ottawa

After Cameron gets fired this summer - in 9 years = 7 coaching changes, 1 playoff round win. And he was given a Cup finalist with full budget for many years.

let slip through his hands for nothing?

Bishop: he was so good nobody wanted to give a 2nd for him.

Alfie: at the end of his career, he lasted only one year once he left, Unless you wanted Murray to trade him? Blasphemy!!!

Spezza and Heatley with no trade clause didn't give the return you wanted? Maybe but both were getting older and often injured.

Fisher: a 1st and a 3rd

I'm surprised you didn't add Lehner in the group.

topshelf15

May 5, 2009

Alfie: at the end of his career, he lasted only one year once he left, Unless you wanted Murray to trade him? Blasphemy!!!

Spezza and Heatley with no trade clause didn't the return you wanted? Maybe but both were getting older and often injured.

What really funny is this very team isnt far off at all .Another good posession center like Turris ,and we should make some noise next year

Sens

Jan 7, 2016
The mess was created by the moves made before Murray took over.

It does not take a decade for a new guy to come in and install a team philosophy and higher a coach to implement his vision.

Well it should not

Tuna99

Sep 26, 2009

Spezza and Heatley with no trade clause didn't give the return you wanted? Maybe but both were getting older and often injured.

We got more for Prince then Spezza

He did t have to trade Bishop, our asset, could of kept him.

Cheaped out on Alfie.

Fisher = 1 NHL game from Noessen for another team

Lehner is TBD - our future GM is going to have to explain why our goalie in 2 years is Hammond and 2 teams in our division have a Vezina Finalist (bishop) and Lehner who has looked excellent since his return.

You can't defend Murray - the results speak for themselves.

Imagine the Tamba Bay Lighting (last year finalist) won 1 playoff round in 9 years with that team. Would you say steve Yzerman did a good job or do you blame Brian Lawton.

Blaming Muckler is t even an option, makes you look desperate

Sens

Jan 7, 2016
What really funny is this very team isnt far off at all .Another good posession center like Turris ,and we should make some noise next year

I've been reading the same thing for years now... Sens are close just wait till next year...

Next year happens and everyone sees the defensive system is a joke again... Rinse and Repeat

topshelf15

May 5, 2009
It does not take a decade for a new guy to come in and install a team philosophy and higher a coach to implement his vision.

Well it should not
It does if your owner still want playoff gate,and wants to rebuild the team ,at the same time

Sens

Jan 7, 2016
Its taken Toronto 20 years.

The Leafs have been the worst run franchise in sports since Sundin left... thats not a team the Sens should be comparing themselves to in any way, shape or form.

guyzeur

Mar 25, 2009
Ottawa

You can complain about Murray all you want but please don't use Muckler in a sentence. The guy who managed to loose Hossa and Chara within a year.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad