Official Bruins Training Camp Thread 2014

ashnathan

Apr 22, 2014
Australia
I think theres more to this shoulder. A bruised shoulder shouldn't keep you out of traning for 3 days, let him skate and wesr the no contsct sweater, and ifcits so bad he can't stick handle then maybe its worse than we're bring told? Hopefully he's back in action today and can get some games in, pair him with marchy and bergy if they keep Fraser up top, lots of skill there.

member 96824

Forget just significant players because there are many that don't believe trades can be made this late period.

If you look at September and October (because Chiarelli said he may wait)

2013-2014: 4 in late Sept, 3 in Oct (including Vanek)
2012-2013: 0 (um, we all know why?)
2011-2012: 2 in late Sept, 7 in Oct
2010-2011: 2 in late Sept, 3 in Oct
2009-2010: 7 in Sept, 5 in Oct

Just seems odd on two fronts.

A, you've already got Krug and Smith missing training camp....so they're not going to be up to game speed and B. You've got plans on shaking up your defense and injecting someone else new into the line up.

Seems like a good way to start slow out of the gate IMO.

and just watching insider trading last night, seems the market is flooded with defenders right now

Lost Horizons

Oct 14, 2006
Mass
http://www.csnne.com/boston-bruins/cross-among-bruins-first-10-camp-cuts

The Bruins made their first cuts from training camp, and it includes ten players that were all expected to report to Providence Bruins training camp this week. The cuts were: Andrew Ammon, Tommy Cross (subject to clearing waivers), Steve Eminger, Rob Flick, Cory Kane, Adam Morrison, Frankie Simonelli, Ethan Werek, Ben Youds and Mike Young.

Cross failing to make it past the first round of cuts might be a surprise in some corners, but there are so many able-bodied NHL defensemen in camp that he wasn’t going to get much of an opportunity at the NHL camp. The 25-year-old former Boston College defenseman must clear through waivers before reporting to Providence for the start of AHL training camp.

He finished with three goals and seven assists along with a minus-9 rating for the Providence Bruins last season in his second full AHL campaign.

In other news, Anthony Camara has joined the list of injured Bruins players in camp with an upper body injury that kept him out of the lineup against the Montreal Canadiens on Tuesday night. Both Milan Lucic (left wrist) and Gregory Campbell (minor mid-core) have yet to be cleared to play in games, and Campbell hasn’t even made it onto the ice yet in camp. Linus Arnesson (groin) and David Pastrnak (shoulder) also continue to remain injured and out of action.

billings21

Jul 13, 2014
MA
Cross failing to make it past the first round of cuts might be a surprise in some corners, but there are so many able-bodied NHL defensemen in camp that he wasn’t going to get much of an opportunity at the NHL camp. The 25-year-old former Boston College defenseman must clear through waivers before reporting to Providence for the start of AHL training camp.
that corner must have been were the cross family was at

bp13

Dec 30, 2003
Visit site
He feel awkwardly into the boards and for him and his slight frame it's a 10 week turnaround.

Haha.

Yeah I'm not trying to give any fodder for the "he's too small for the NHL!!!" crowd. Just trying to get a little more detail here on what's going on. Is there any indication that he's close? I'm worried he's not going to have enough time to show much and I'm going to be stuck watching stone hands pluggers battling for the open wing spots. I'd like to see another skilled kid get a shot.

LouJersey

Jun 29, 2002
Graves to Gardens
youtu.be
Haha.

Yeah I'm not trying to give any fodder for the "he's too small for the NHL!!!" crowd. Just trying to get a little more detail here on what's going on. Is there any indication that he's close? I'm worried he's not going to have enough time to show much and I'm going to be stuck watching stone hands pluggers battling for the open wing spots. I'd like to see another skilled kid get a shot.

I know..just busting... I want to see him in game action...would have been nice to see tonight in HD..

Alan Ryan

Jun 1, 2006
Okay when are we going to see Pastrnak? This is getting a little ridiculous.

Bruins tweet:

David Pastrnak skated Wednesday for the first time & Coach Julien said he's "moving along"

OK--now everybody please debate what "moving along" means. :shakehead :D

DoubleAAAA

Jun 5, 2009
Lucic Krejci Fraser
Marchand Bergy Smith
Gagne Soda Loui
Paille Kelly Caron

Look to upgrade Fraser during the season?

amazingcrwns

drop the puck
Feb 13, 2003
Western MA
Visit site
Lucic Krejci Fraser
Marchand Bergy Smith
Gagne Soda Loui
Paille Kelly Caron

Look to upgrade Fraser during the season?

I don't think Caron has a spot on this team. There are plenty of players in the system who would be better off getting NHL minutes to start the season. I don't think Smith will be ready for opening night either, so I'd start Kelly out on one of the wings in the top 9 and have Spooner start as the 4th line C.

Lucic - Krejci - Fraser
Marchand - Bergeron - Kelly/Gagne
Gagne/Kelly - Soda - Eriksson
Paille - Spooner - Whoever wins prospect battle.

*Not Ready: Smith, Campbell, Pasternek

DoubleAAAA

Jun 5, 2009
I don't think Caron has a spot on this team. There are plenty of players in the system who would be better off getting NHL minutes to start the season.

By all accounts he's having a good camp. If he's not traded (which is certainly a possibility), I think he's on the roster. Even as 13th man.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad