Official Bruins Training Camp Thread 2014

Lost Horizons

Oct 14, 2006
Mass
http://bruins.nhl.com/club/news.htm?id=728894&navid=DL|BOS|home

Boston Bruins Training Camp Presented by AT&T and Boston Bruins Rookie Camp presented by AT&T Announced
Thursday, 08.21.2014 / 12:00 PM / News
Boston Bruins

BOSTON, MA – Bruins General Manager Peter Chiarelli announced today, August 21, the preliminary schedule for the 2014-15 Boston Bruins Training Camp presented by AT&T, which begins Thursday, September 18 and will include a Black & Gold scrimmage in Providence, RI at the Dunkin Donuts Center. The full training camp roster will be announced at a later date. Please note the training camp schedule is subject to change.

The Bruins also announced their roster and schedule for the 2014-15 Boston Bruins Rookie Camp, presented by AT&T which begins Thursday, September 11 and includes three games in Antioch, TN at the Nashville Predators practice facility (Ford Ice Center, 5252 Hickory Hollow Pkwy, Antioch, TN 37013). Rookie Camp practices at Ristuccia Arena are open to the media/public. Please note the schedule and roster are subject to change.

The group of rookies traveling down to Tennessee will be composed of 13 forwards, seven defensemen and two goaltenders for 22 total players. Of the 22 players, nine are American, 10 are Canadian, two are Swedish, and one is Czech. Throughout the tournament the Bruins will be wearing the white Spoked-B sweater.

TRAVELING ROOKIE ROSTER QUICK HITS:
Average Age: 21.6 years old
Average Height: 6'1.5''
Average Weight: 197 lbs

BOSTON BRUINS ROOKIE CAMP ROSTER:

FORWARDS: Andrew Aamon*, Spencer Asuchak*, Anthony Camara, Mitchell Dempsey, Alex Fallstrom, Brian Ferlin, Seth Griffith, Cory Kane*, Dawson Leedahl*, Matt Lindblad, David Pastrnak, Ben Sexton, Kevin Sullivan*.

DEFENSEMEN: Linus Arnesson, Bryce Aneloski*, Mickael Beauregard*, Chris Casto, Lee Moffie*, Frankie Simonelli*, Mike Young*.

GOALTENDERS: Adam Morrison, Malcolm Subban

*Denotes player attending rookie camp on a tryout basis.

BOSTON BRUINS 2014-15 TRAINING CAMP PRESENTED BY AT&T AND ROOKIE CAMP SCHEDULE PRESENTED BY AT&T:
*Game times are local to where the game is being played

Thursday, September 11 (Wilmington, MA)
-Rookie practice, Ristuccia Arena, 12:00 noon ET

Friday, September 12 (Boston, MA / Antioch, TN)
-Travel to Nashville, TN
-Rookie practice, Ford Ice Center, 4:00 p.m. CT

Saturday, September 13 (Antioch, TN)
-Game vs. Florida Panthers Rookies, Ford Ice Center, 1:00 p.m. CT

Sunday, September 14 (Antioch, TN)
-Game vs. Nashville Predators Rookies, Ford Ice Center, 4:00 p.m. CT

Monday, September 15 (Antioch, TN)
-Practice, Ford Ice Center, 10:30 a.m.

Tuesday, September 16 (Antioch, TN)
-Game vs. Tampa Bay Lightning Rookies, Ford Ice Center, 10:00 a.m. CT

Wednesday, September 17
-TBD

Thursday, September 18
-Off-ice testing, TBD (closed to public/media)

Friday, September 19 (Wilmington, MA)
-Practice #1 at Ristuccia Arena, 10:00 a.m.
-Practice #2 at Ristuccia Arena, 12:15 p.m.

Saturday, September 20 (Wilmington, MA)
-Practice #2 at Ristuccia Arena, 12:15 p.m.

Sunday, September 21 (Wilmington, MA / Providence, RI)
-Practice #2 at Ristuccia Arena, 11:00 a.m.
-Black & Gold Game in Providence, RI, Dunkin Donuts Center (1 La Salle Square, Providence, RI 02903) at 7:00 p.m.
-Head Coach Claude Julien will be available following the scrimmage

Monday, September 22 (Wilmington, MA)
-Practice #1 at Ristuccia Arena, 11:00 a.m.
-Practice #2 at Ristuccia Arena, 1:15 p.m.

Tuesday, September 23 (Wilmington, MA / Montreal, QC)
-Practice #2 at Ristuccia Arena, 11:15 a.m.
-Travel to Montreal, QC
-Away preseason game vs. Montreal Canadiens, Bell Centre, 7:30 p.m.
-Travel to Boston, MA

Wednesday, September 24 (Boston, MA)
-Practice #1 at TD Garden, 10:00 a.m.
-Practice #2 at TD Garden, 11:15 a.m.
-Home preseason game vs. Washington Capitals, TD Garden, 7:00 p.m.

Thursday, September 25
-TBD

Friday, September 26 (Wilmington, MA / Washington, DC)
-Practice #2 at Ristuccia Arena, 11:15 a.m.
-Travel to Washington, DC
-Away preseason game vs. Washington Capitals, Verizon Center, 7:00 p.m.
-Travel to Detroit, MI

Saturday, September 27 (Detroit, MI / Boston, MA)
-Away preseason game vs. Detroit Red Wings, Joe Louis Arena, 7:00 p.m.
-Travel to Boston, MA

Sunday, September 28 (Wilmington, MA)
-Practice at Ristuccia Arena, 11:00 a.m.

Monday, September 29 (Wilmington, MA)
-Practice at Ristuccia Arena, 10:30 a.m.

Tuesday, September 30 (Boston, MA)
-Practice #1 at TD Garden, 10:00 a.m.
-Practice #2 at TD Garden, 11:15 a.m.
-Home preseason game vs. New York Islanders, TD Garden, 7:00 p.m.

Wednesday, October 1
TBD

Thursday, October 2 (Wilmington, MA)
Practice at Ristuccia Arena, 10:30 a.m.

Friday, October 3 (Wilmington, MA / Bridgeport, CT)
-Pregame skate at Ristuccia Arena, 11:00 a.m.
-Travel to Bridgeport, CT
-Away preseason game vs. New York Islanders, Webster Bank Arena (600 Main Street, Bridgeport, CT 06604), 7:30 p.m.
-Travel to Boston, MA

talkinaway

Mar 19, 2014
On the couch
Does anybody know if the Black & Gold game at the Dunk is open to the public? Would love to go to that.

IIRC, the P-Bruins offer a $30 per seat add-on to some of their packages, which includes one ticket to Black and Gold, and one ticket to a breast cancer game where the Bruins are in pink, I thnk.

Not sure if you can buy the ticket individually, but it's probably possible.

Fire Sweeney

Jun 16, 2009
Bergen
BOSTON BRUINS ROOKIE CAMP ROSTER:

FORWARDS: Andrew Aamon*, Spencer Asuchak*, Anthony Camara, Mitchell Dempsey, Alex Fallstrom, Brian Ferlin, Seth Griffith, Cory Kane*, Dawson Leedahl*, Matt Lindblad, David Pastrnak, Ben Sexton, Kevin Sullivan*.

DEFENSEMEN: Linus Arnesson, Bryce Aneloski*, Mickael Beauregard*, Chris Casto, Lee Moffie*, Frankie Simonelli*, Mike Young*.

GOALTENDERS: Adam Morrison, Malcolm Subban

Wow, that is bad.

bigbadbruins7

Dec 18, 2011
CT
Does anybody know if the Black & Gold game at the Dunk is open to the public? Would love to go to that.

They held it there a few years ago and I went. I do not remember if the box office was selling individual game tickets but I scalped a ticket outside for around $30. Many people were selling the tickets outside the Dunk so you should definitely be able to get one.

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC
Kirk tells me to keep an eye on Dawson Leedahl - so we should all do that.

oh great, a tough kid that will have some here exclaiming him to be the obvious Thorty replacement who NEEDS to be on this team yesterday, thanks Dom...and Kirk:laugh:

Fenian24

Jun 14, 2010
Kirk tells me to keep an eye on Dawson Leedahl - so we should all do that.

Well, beggars can't be choosers, nice to see somebody in camp, besides Dempsey, that will fight.

I guess the new mantra is organization wide softness.

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC
Well, beggars can't be choosers, nice to see somebody in camp, besides Dempsey, that will fight.

I guess the new mantra is organization wide softness.

If you equate toughness with fisticuffs alone

Truth is, there are few teams left any longer who I see with a bunch of guys willing to drop the mitts at the drop of a hat, yet, there are quite a few who in spite of the absence of a scrapper(s), I don`t view as being soft

Ratty

Feb 2, 2003
Rive Gauche
Visit site
Hard hitting, clean body checks, scrapping in the corners for pucks, taking punishment in front of the net; that's what I look for in "toughness". You don't have to fight to be tough.

Last edited:

Fenian24

Jun 14, 2010
Hard hitting, clean body checks, scrapping in the corners for pucks; that's what I look for in "toughness". You don't have to fight to be tough.

All part of it, but fighting is also a huge part of toughness, having a team willing to fight to back up it's players matters.

For all of the guys claiming that fighting and goons are going away I don't see it. John Scott, Deryk Engelland, Shawn Thornton, Tanner Glass, Michael Haley and Cody McCormick all signed NHL deals. Lots of guys that fight signed two way deals. The only team getting noticeably softer are the Bruins.

I don't know when Bruins fans jumped on the anti fighting bandwagon or if it's just this board. I know I don't see many people turning around and leaving when a fight starts at the TD or if I'm out at a bar people don't turn away in disgust. Amazes me how many people here think the Red Wings and Hurricanes style is the way to go.

Peter Gammons would be proud a good portion of you.

Ratty

Feb 2, 2003
Rive Gauche
Visit site
If the object of fighting is to concuss an opponent (they aim for the head, no?), I'm all for the league cracking down on it.

As for the topic at hand, I wish we could see more of the rookies. But almost all the camp will be in Nashville.

Sheppy

Nov 23, 2011
The Arctic
I'm with Fenian24. This team is going to be SOFT...

"ROOO ROOO THE LEAGUE IS CHANGING, THE LEAGUE IS CHANGING GOTTA GET FASTER AND SMALLER!!"

Why the hell does that mean the Bruins have to? Why move away from something that has made them successful for years, and years?

qc

Aug 23, 2011
All part of it, but fighting is also a huge part of toughness, having a team willing to fight to back up it's players matters.

For all of the guys claiming that fighting and goons are going away I don't see it. John Scott, Deryk Engelland, Shawn Thornton, Tanner Glass, Michael Haley and Cody McCormick all signed NHL deals. Lots of guys that fight signed two way deals. The only team getting noticeably softer are the Bruins.

I don't know when Bruins fans jumped on the anti fighting bandwagon or if it's just this board. I know I don't see many people turning around and leaving when a fight starts at the TD or if I'm out at a bar people don't turn away in disgust. Amazes me how many people here think the Red Wings and Hurricanes style is the way to go.

Peter Gammons would be proud a good portion of you.

Aside from Thornton, those guys are not NHL regulars/good players. We simply don't have the money to acquire a goon to suit up for a handful of games to log 3 minutes w/ a 5 minute fighting major. Thornton would still be here if our cap situation was better, but that isn't the case. If you notice, the players you listed were signed by either: a) bad teams with a ton of spending money -or- b) good teams with enough spending money to afford a goon.

I'm not against fighting, but I'm absolute against paying worthless neanderthals to bring nothing to this team.

Fenian24

Jun 14, 2010
Aside from Thornton, those guys are not NHL regulars/good players. We simply don't have the money to acquire a goon to suit up for a handful of games to log 3 minutes w/ a 5 minute fighting major. Thornton would still be here if our cap situation was better, but that isn't the case. If you notice, the players you listed were signed by either: a) bad teams with a ton of spending money -or- b) good teams with enough spending money to afford a goon.

I'm not against fighting, but I'm absolute against paying worthless neanderthals to bring nothing to this team.

I can see all of them, except Haley, playing over 65 games next year. The Sharks are a pretty good team and added John Scott, supposedly the worst player in the NHL.

qc

Aug 23, 2011
I can see all of them, except Haley, playing over 65 games next year. The Sharks are a pretty good team and added John Scott, supposedly the worst player in the NHL.

-Engo played 56 games last season, and that was for an injury-riddled Penguins. He's 32 years old and getting worse by the game.
-McCormick played 43 games last season, most of them for Buffalo, one of the worst teams of recent history. He's 31 years old and getting worse by the game.
-John Scott played 56 games last season, all of them for Buffalo, one of the worst teams of recent history. He's 31 years old and is easily the worst hockey player in the NHL.
-Tanner Glass played 67 games last year, and that was for an injury-riddled Penguins. He's 30 years old and now playing for the Rangers, so it's not a foregone conclusion that he will come close to playing 65 games, but I'd say out of your list- he's the most likely to meet that threshold.
-Michael Haley is an AHL player on a good day. Never played more than 27 games in a season.

...and I'm not even going to get into statistics or ice-time.

You still seem to ignore the bigger issue, which isn't "speed/finesse vs. grit/toughness" but money and cap space. We simply don't have the luxury of being able to afford a goon from outside of our organization.

Ratty

Feb 2, 2003
Rive Gauche
Visit site
Are any of the exhibition games being televised? With the Red Sox heading downhill fast, NESN, hopefully will be able to schedule a game or two.

Fenian24

Jun 14, 2010
-Engo played 56 games last season, and that was for an injury-riddled Penguins. He's 32 years old and getting worse by the game.
-McCormick played 43 games last season, most of them for Buffalo, one of the worst teams of recent history. He's 31 years old and getting worse by the game.
-John Scott played 56 games last season, all of them for Buffalo, one of the worst teams of recent history. He's 31 years old and is easily the worst hockey player in the NHL.
-Tanner Glass played 67 games last year, and that was for an injury-riddled Penguins. He's 30 years old and now playing for the Rangers, so it's not a foregone conclusion that he will come close to playing 65 games, but I'd say out of your list- he's the most likely to meet that threshold.
-Michael Haley is an AHL player on a good day. Never played more than 27 games in a season.

...and I'm not even going to get into statistics or ice-time.

You still seem to ignore the bigger issue, which isn't "speed/finesse vs. grit/toughness" but money and cap space. We simply don't have the luxury of being able to afford a goon from outside of our organization.

How did Egellend get the contract he did? How was Scott signed by one of the better teams in the league last year if he is the worst player in hockey?

There is no reason that Bobby Robins shouldn't take Jordan Caron's spot on this team, same salary and same skill level, but Robins will fight and hit. With the cap issue I understand not going outside the organization for a fighter.

qc

Aug 23, 2011
How did Egellend get the contract he did? How was Scott signed by one of the better teams in the league last year if he is the worst player in hockey?

I already answered this. "If you notice, the players you listed were signed by either: a) bad teams with a ton of spending money -or- b) good teams with enough spending money to afford a goon."

Our team does not fit into either category.

There is no reason that Bobby Robins shouldn't take Jordan Caron's spot on this team, same salary and same skill level, but Robins will fight and hit. With the cap issue I understand not going outside the organization for a fighter.
Again, I don't disagree with the notion that we can get toughness from in-house. I do disagree with the notion that with our cap problems, it would be a good idea to sign John Scott. To me, that makes virtually no sense whatsoever.

Ratty

Feb 2, 2003
Rive Gauche
Visit site
Is there a timetable for when the Bruins will move to the new training base? I enjoy dining at the Stockyards which is right across the street in Brighton. Last time I was there (a few weeks ago) there was a lot of construction going on at the site. I know the Bs signed a letter of intent. Just wondering about the construction schedule.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad