Official, Broduer OUT

Status
Not open for further replies.

littleHossa

Apr 7, 2003
Ottawa
Visit site
Luongo will be fine I think, it's a home game and after the initial 2 or three saves, the crowd will cheer him on and he's get more confidence. The Czechs will have to make a quick unassuming play early to score on him, and he might break after that.

Habsaku

Apr 28, 2003
Montreal
Visit site
Roberto Luongo said:
Hmmm I dont know if Brodeur would be that good without the defense infront of him in this tournament. From what I have seen, the Canada defense have been playing great. And playoff experience or not, does it really mean that much? I mean Kipper and Giguere made it all the way to the SC final without much playoff expenrience before.

And you must watch Luongo in the last 2 WC to know what pressure is. I rememer WC 2003 where Luongo was throw in after Canada took the lead by 2-0 and Burke got injuried. The Sweden then come back to make the game 3-2. Eventually Canada come back and won the game 4-3, but OMG what a pressue it must have been for Luongo to stop all those shots until Canada would come back and won the game. And I think Luongo would have been doin alot better during that game if he had started from the begining.

And yes, rusty might be a problem for Luongo under this game against the Czech. But we also got to rememer Luongo have just won the WC 2004 gold so maybe he can get the momento goin on during this game from the latest WC.

But I would taken Luongo over Theodore... even over Brodeur :) but hey I got my Luongo glasses on so I cant see anything else ;)

Please, please stop with the defense argument about Brodeur, he'll stop any types of shots, hes proven it again and again.

Also, did Kipper and Giguere actually win the SC or did they lose in game 7?

I dont even how that Luongo pressure thing is a good example since he let the Swedes come back from a 2-0 deficit.

IMO the WC isnt pressure, a lot of NHL teams are better then the nationnal teams there, its not really worth mentionning, especially when your comparing with the world cup. I mean, Craig Rivet made team freaking Canada, that should be enough to prove theres no real pressure involve.

Rattrick

Oct 31, 2002
Orlando, FL
www.rattrick.com
Habsaku said:
Where to start? Luongo better then Theodore at the top of his game? Sorry, but no chance, Theodore 2002 was Hasek like, I remember Hasek destroying the Habs in the 98 playoffs, well Theodore was like that during 67 games in 2002. Brisebois, Quintal, dependable? In 2002? I need some of that weed. Our defense was easily the least dependable in the entire league that year, we didnt have one single guy who didnt make hundreds of breakdowns each game, at least the panthers had Bouwmeester. Theodore has always been a winner, that cant be said about Luongo.

Your Ryder thing is ridiculous btw

Theodore this year was pretty much a top 3 goaltender until 3/4 of the season, he had fantastic stats and played with a lot of calm but went unto a cold streak, especially at the end of the year. I think he'll be even better next year because he had a lot going against him on the mental side of things, and we all know you need good mental strength to be a great athlete.

Luongo is getting terribly overrated IMO, especially for a guy whos never gone to the playoffs and whom I can see going a whole career without a cup. A lot of people are putting down Brodeur, saying hes a system goalie, hes benefiting from the NJ devils, hes stats are inflated, and all the crap, but hes hands down the best goalie in the league if not in the history of the game. Hes so calm, always in position, fast, good hybrid style, amazing with the puck and rebound, mentally strong, can be good even if he doesnt face tons of shots which is very hard. I think the closest guy in the league in that department is Theodore but he just doesnt have the size nor the puck control, but hes got faster legs and lateral mouvement. Its really sad to see those two guys put down by fans who have very little knowledge of both.

Sorry, but Luongo is pretty UNDER rated IMO. Saying he is anything less than the 2nd best goalie in the league would be wrong by most accounts. Luongo has never played on a good team and has been better than Theo if you ask me.

Burke's Evil Spirit

Oct 29, 2002
San Francisco
luongofan said:
Sorry, but Luongo is pretty UNDER rated IMO. Saying he is anything less than the 2nd best goalie in the league would be wrong by most accounts. Luongo has never played on a good team and has been better than Theo if you ask me.

Neither has Theodore.

Frankly, I'd be more comfortable with Theodore in net tonight, I think he'd do a better job coming in cold, but I don't think it's a big deal.

Fish on The Sand

Untouchable
Feb 28, 2002
Canada
Habsaku said:
Please, please stop with the defense argument about Brodeur, he'll stop any types of shots, hes proven it again and again.

Also, did Kipper and Giguere actually win the SC or did they lose in game 7?

I dont even how that Luongo pressure thing is a good example since he let the Swedes come back from a 2-0 deficit.

IMO the WC isnt pressure, a lot of NHL teams are better then the nationnal teams there, its not really worth mentionning, especially when your comparing with the world cup. I mean, Craig Rivet made team freaking Canada, that should be enough to prove theres no real pressure involve.
Didnt Rivet make it as captain as well?

Lou is God

Nov 10, 2003
New Jersey
I can't believe I'm hearing that Brodeur is benefiting because of kind of the defense he has in front of him arguement again. It never matters where and what he wins, people always want to shift the credit to something else. Nothing changes.

Fish on The Sand

Untouchable
Feb 28, 2002
Canada
jacksheit said:
L-U-O-N-G-O

Stop whining Theo fan's, in 40 minutes u'll see my man starting in net
L is for loser
U is for Ugly
0 is his playoff appearances
N is for none(his awards)
G is for Goat
O is for the face on canadians' collective face when they lose 7-2

JVR

HeadHitsAreNotIllega
Jul 17, 2002
Visit site
Fish on The Sand said:
L is for loser
U is for Ugly
0 is his playoff appearances
N is for none(his awards)
G is for Goat
O is for the face on canadians' collective face when they lose 7-2
Uhh, that's mean! :lol:

Hug Ben Laf

#86 #10 #13
Mar 22, 2002
Im the guy next door
Ahh ya guys should shut it! See what Luongo have done so far in the 1st period?!? And man Brewer got out skated by Havlat, I have yet to see anyone out skating J-Bo! man that guy skate beautiful!

notintheknow

Aug 10, 2004
should have taken brodeur out after the second and let somebody else paly the other night who cares about getting a shutout its a team sport

EaGLE1

Feb 17, 2004
Quebec City
luongofan said:

yeah...and your name is Luongo fan. :D

Cut Luongo's pads, and you'll see big big holes. And his save pourcentage will drop from .931 to .918.

His pads are comparable to those of Garth Snow.

I post after the game...We seen that Luongo let 2 softies enter the net. He made a couple of good save as well. But Brodeur is a lot more solid.

EaGLE1

Feb 17, 2004
Quebec City
Roberto Luongo said:
Ahh ya guys should shut it! See what Luongo have done so far in the 1st period?!? And man Brewer got out skated by Havlat, I have yet to see anyone out skating J-Bo! man that guy skate beautiful!

You posted too early. What i seen is a goalie who can't protect a lead. :teach:

kmad

riot survivor
Jun 16, 2003
Vancouver
Fish on The Sand said:
There Luongo, its official. Czechs and Finns for the championship.

You showed us! :lol

notintheknow said:
should have taken brodeur out after the second and let somebody else paly the other night who cares about getting a shutout its a team sport

Great idea. Let's intentionally ice something other than our best team in an elimination game. Also, let's reward Brodeur's stellar MVP play by taking him out early so he can't enjoy a shutout.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad