Official Bears/NFL Thread XXII - Cutler starting @ Cleveland

Status
Not open for further replies.

Illinihockey

Jun 15, 2010
Not sure if tag and trade is a good idea. Makes the organization look bad to sign and trade, could make it harder to get fa's in the future.

Why? He wouldn't be traded against his will as no team that traded for him would give up anything of value without a contract extension in place

Blackhawkswincup

RIP Fugu
Jun 24, 2007
Chicagoland
Cutty back :yo:

Nice work by McCown but at end of day the better QB is starting

Curious question for McCown fans ,, How much did it cost to change the nameplate off your Hanie jersey's to turn them into McCown jersey's?

Blackhawkswincup

RIP Fugu
Jun 24, 2007
Chicagoland
Interesting possibility with regards to Titans and Cutler

They are also possibly going to fire there coach and Lovie Smith could be target for them (They have 4-3 D personel)

Marineli could be on outs in Dallas if Jerry fires the Cowboys D coaches

Jay-Lovie and Marineli reunited down in Tennesse isn't hard to see

Illinihockey

Jun 15, 2010
Cutler coming back this game is a bad idea for him. Cleveland has a very good defense and Hayden is an absolute stud at CB.

ThePSEGPowerPoster

LOSER POINTS!
Feb 23, 2013
Cutty back :yo:

Nice work by McCown but at end of day the better QB is starting

Curious question for McCown fans ,, How much did it cost to change the nameplate off your Hanie jersey's to turn them into McCown jersey's?

I'm a Bears fan, personally, not a McCown or Cutler fan. I want the best QB to play on any given Sunday. I personally think, for a variety of reasons, that QB is Josh McCown this Sunday vs the Browns.

I don't think there's a Bears fan on this planet rooting against Cutler or McCown (I hope). If there is such a person that person isn't a Bears fan.

Sounds like it is smart to not play McCown ,, All those dropped INT's from recent weeks wont slip thru Haydens hands

Well I'm more concerned with Cutler's errant passes. Considering he forces the issue far more than McCown. His adjusted interception% for the past two years, according to Football Outsiders, has been pretty damn high.

Last year, if his interceptions were adjusted as follows:

•We add in plays where the quarterback only escaped an interception because the defender couldn't hold onto the ball (dropped interceptions, which we've been tracking in game charting since 2007).
•We subtract plays where the interception is tipped to the defender by a receiver who should have caught the pass.
•We subtract Hail Mary interceptions as well as interceptions thrown in desperation on fourth down in the final 2:00 of a game.

Cutler finishes tied for fourth in the NFL with Mark Sanchez in "adjusted interception" percentage. 4.6% of his passes are picked off/dropped for easy picks.

http://www.footballoutsiders.com/stat-analysis/2013/adjusted-interceptions-2012

To check for inconsistency you can look at the year before, where he finished third in the league behind Matt Moore and Mark Sanchez - 4.9%!!.

http://www.footballoutsiders.com/stat-analysis/2012/adjusted-interceptions-2011/

In essence, it seems that the adjusted interception % for players are fairly consistent. That luck isn't as varied as some believe. That reckless QBs like Sanchez and Cutler are consistently high on the list, year in and year out. Every QB has his share of sure fire picks dropped. Cutler and Sanchez have their share of balls picked AND dropped because of the frequency. The data supports that.

So as a Bears fan, given that my eyes are confirmed by statistics, that's not the guy I want coming into the game, rusty, when I have a guy who doesn't make nearly as many mistakes playing well.

But I will cheer for him.

Go Bears.

RayP

Tf
Jan 12, 2011
Looks like the Cleveland game will be in the 20s with some wind and light snow.

ColdSteel2

Aug 27, 2010
Looks like the Cleveland game will be in the 20s with some wind and light snow.

Too bad, would have liked to see McCown perform in some better weather.

Obviously, Cutler wants to get his ass back on the field ASAP. Hope he is ready to produce is all I have to say. The team needs this game.

chicagoskycam

Land of #1 Overall Picks
Nov 19, 2009
Fulton Market, Chicago
chicagoskycam.com
Not sure if tag and trade is a good idea. Makes the organization look bad to sign and trade, could make it harder to get fa's in the future.

This is nonsense, You just made the guy top whatever pay at his position.

If I'm the Bears I let him walk at this point. It will be interesting to see how he does on Sunday, it could really hurt his value if he blows it or gets injured again.

Blackhawkswincup

RIP Fugu
Jun 24, 2007
Chicagoland
RGIII benched for rest of year

Cousins to start rest of games and Grossman #2

Washington situation is blowing up but I think this is good for all sides and it gives them chance to build up Cousins value more for possible trade

madgoat33

May 16, 2010
This is nonsense, You just made the guy top whatever pay at his position.

If I'm the Bears I let him walk at this point. It will be interesting to see how he does on Sunday, it could really hurt his value if he blows it or gets injured again.

Yea for 1 year instead of allowing him to negotiate his own contract. I'm not saying he deserves anything, but tag and trade seems kinda ****** to me

chicagoskycam

Land of #1 Overall Picks
Nov 19, 2009
Fulton Market, Chicago
chicagoskycam.com
Yea for 1 year instead of allowing him to negotiate his own contract. I'm not saying he deserves anything, but tag and trade seems kinda ****** to me

It's no different than if the Bears tag him and don't work out a deal. If another team wants to it's better for both parties.

The Score reporting Cutler will only be signed by the Bears with a cap friendly deal.

ThePSEGPowerPoster

LOSER POINTS!
Feb 23, 2013
I just hope we win the game. Palmer can go out there for all I care. We really need a damn win.

Also, isn't it a damn shame that the stars didn't align properly with this team? Trestman and sophomore Alshon ONE year earlier, along with these lineman?

ColdSteel2

Aug 27, 2010
I hope he throws for 350 and 3 TDs and no turnovers, i.e. the usual Bears QB performance. If he does that or anywhere near as good and we win, everyone should be happy.

If he sucks or isn't healthy, it needs to be over for the year so we can try to get to the playoffs. There is no margin for error right now.

Chris Hansen

THESE LEGS ARE FRESH
Aug 17, 2007
I hope he throws for 350 and 3 TDs and no turnovers, i.e. the usual Bears QB performance. If he does that or anywhere near as good and we win, everyone should be happy.

Usual? McCown did that just once, and it was last game against what will likely end up as a bottom-three NFL defense of all time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad