Official Bears/NFL Thread XXII - Cutler starting @ Cleveland

Status
Not open for further replies.

ColdSteel2

Aug 27, 2010
Apparently they were pretty pissed about the Tennessee article that came out after Emery said he wouldn't franchise tag Cutler. They were already considering dumping him for McCown and now they are just coming out and saying it publicly since Cutler just did the same thing with the Titans story.

Fortyfives

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 13, 2011
Apparently they were pretty pissed about the Tennessee article that came out after Emery said he wouldn't franchise tag Cutler. They were already considering dumping him for McCown and now they are just coming out and saying it publicly since Cutler just did the same thing with the Titans story.

They are so mad he is starting on Sunday if he's cleared to play...

RayP

Tf
Jan 12, 2011
CSOI, I like you man, but I think you're trying to make something out of nothing here.

ColdSteel2

Aug 27, 2010
CSOI, I like you man, but I think you're trying to make something out of nothing here.

I'm already ****ing bat**** crazy for predicting all of this 8 weeks ago so I really don't care what people say at this point.

I'll say it again. Jay is going to be gone. McCown is likely to be the starter next year. They will also draft a QB. Continue to watch it happen.

RayP

Tf
Jan 12, 2011
I'm already ****ing bat**** crazy for predicting all of this 8 weeks ago so I really don't care what people say at this point.

I'll say it again. Jay is going to be gone. McCown is likely to be the starter next year. They will also draft a QB. Continue to watch it happen.

While I'd prefer we tag and trade Cutler, I don't see it happening. I think Cutler is our starting QB to start next season. Would love to be wrong, though.

ColdSteel2

Aug 27, 2010
You've got to remember that there is long period of time from McCown's first games this year and Cutler's signing with another team. It's going to develop slowly.

madgoat33

May 16, 2010
Not sure if tag and trade is a good idea. Makes the organization look bad to sign and trade, could make it harder to get fa's in the future.

RayP

Tf
Jan 12, 2011
Not sure if tag and trade is a good idea. Makes the organization look bad to sign and trade, could make it harder to get fa's in the future.

Eh, I don't think it would be a big deal. We have had him for 4 years now, and have extended his contract since he got here. I wouldn't worry about that.

Fortyfives

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 13, 2011
Yeah, that's an issue. Trestman doesn't want to lose Cutler, at least that is the imperession I get from his words. He's not the GM though.

Emery stated just last week that he wants both Jay and Josh back next year and they would get their contracts done in the offseason.

ColdSteel2

Aug 27, 2010
Emery stated just last week that he wants both Jay and Josh back next year and they would get their contracts done in the offseason.

Right, but they were already going to be cheap with Cutler and the price continues to go down as McCown keeps producing more and more. At some point, and my guess is that we've actually already surpassed it, but the price that the Bears will sign Cutler at will not even be a consideration for Jay due to how low it is.

RayP

Tf
Jan 12, 2011

What else was he going to say?

"Cutler was good, but McCown has played so great that after 4 seasons, we are going to let Cutler go after the 2013 NFL season."

Of course he was going to say he wants them both back for next year.

ThePSEGPowerPoster

LOSER POINTS!
Feb 23, 2013
If Jay really leaked the Tenn. ******** I'm a little annoyed. I just want this damn team to play some football and win some football games. I don't care who is under center as long as we win. Anything else we can deal with in the offense.

I care about Josh only to the extent that he's my fantasy QB. But just like the Bears my starter has to take over and outperform a guy who was coaching high school football yesterday.

So Go Bears. I want to hear at least 5 fight songs blaring. And we can go from there and beat the Eagles the week after that and do something special for all the Bears fans who have suffered far too much to care this much about this ********.

ColdSteel2

Aug 27, 2010
It's a Super Bowl champion offense as is; just need to at least get Briggs back and take our chances. We're a long shot, but you never know once you make the playoffs. But what I will say is that if the Bears do the right thing with the QB situation and use that money Cutler was going to get on defense, look out. Team is going to be a ****ing force next year in the same way that Seattle is this year, probably more dangerous though.

Fortyfives

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 13, 2011
What else was he going to say?

"Cutler was good, but McCown has played so great that after 4 seasons, we are going to let Cutler go after the 2013 NFL season."

Of course he was going to say he wants them both back for next year.

nawww.gif.pagespeed.ce.KS25VJLluK.gif

FFS I am done with this topic because whatever I link from the organization whether it be what the coach or GM says people are just going to believe whatever makes their opinion right.

I'm just going to cheer for whoever starts and let the coach and GM figure it out in the offseason.

Gootie

GOATie
Jul 28, 2010
Chicago
It's a Super Bowl champion offense as is; just need to at least get Briggs back and take our chances. We're a long shot, but you never know once you make the playoffs. But what I will say is that if the Bears do the right thing with the QB situation and use that money Cutler was going to get on defense, look out. Team is going to be a ****ing force next year in the same way that Seattle is this year, probably more dangerous though.

Are they going to be the 80s Oilers of the NFL?

ThePSEGPowerPoster

LOSER POINTS!
Feb 23, 2013
Sorry if this was posted already..but Urlacher is now taking sides and says the Bears should stay with McCown even if Cutler is healthy:

http://www.nbcchicago.com/blogs/gri...-235418971.html?_osource=SocialFlowFB_CHBrand

Oh and some juicy quotes:

“In my opinion, he should be the guy, even if Jay Cutler is healthy,†he said. “You can’t take a guy who’s this hot out of the football game. If I was on this team, I would have a hard time with them taking him out.â€

Source: http://www.nbcchicago.com/blogs/gri...ler-for-Bears-QB-235418971.html#ixzz2nCKOb0z5

ColdSteel2

Aug 27, 2010
It's possible but somewhat unlikely he would be ready for the wildcard game. That's what I've heard.

TorMenT

Go Blackhawks!
Sponsor
Oct 24, 2011
Rockford, IL
I haven't seen Jennings get beat that badly at all. I'm not nearly as worried about our secondary as I am about our run defense.

ThePSEGPowerPoster

LOSER POINTS!
Feb 23, 2013
I haven't seen Jennings get beat that badly at all. I'm not nearly as worried about our secondary as I am about our run defense.

Turnovers aren't there. Which is what made Jennings a pro-bowler really. Those interceptions.

Our run defense couldn't stop Willis McGahee right now. Will laugh when the Browns run for 100 yards.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad