(Official) Around the NHL 7.0

Status
Not open for further replies.

Calculon

unholy acting talent
Jan 20, 2006
Error 503

Well, I guess the Oilers couldn't suck forever. First McDavid, now semi-competent management. Things are truly looking up Oilers.

Calculon

unholy acting talent
Jan 20, 2006
Error 503
Lowe was essentially pushed out of hockey operation decisions when Nicholson was promoted. Sounds like Katz is moving him to the business side of operations, somewhat similar to what happened with Ken King here. Doesn't seem like either Lowe or MacTavish are being outright fired, just "promoted" into obscurity.

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012
I doubt MacT goes yet, he's probably got a year to prove himself.
I think it depends how many strings Lowe has been pulling. If he's been a puppet master I would agree, if not then I think MacTavish goes and Chiarelli either does it himself or looks elsewhere.

Wheels of Poirier

Flames in 2016
Mar 21, 2014
I think it depends how many strings Lowe has been pulling. If he's been a puppet master I would agree, if not then I think MacTavish goes and Chiarelli either does it himself or looks elsewhere.

The Coil are likely hoping/wishing that bringing Chiarelli in will be akin to the Flames bringing Burkie aboard.. I'm certain both Lowe and MacT will be gone (at least it would be the smart move, imo), and Chia will serve as GM until he finds his own Treliving.

Aug 21, 2014
We'll see. Chia traded Seguin for lesser pieces instead of building around him. Also when he was hired in Boston the FA crop was much better, than it will be this summer. no #1 D-men or #1 Centers available.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad