(Official) Around the NHL 7.0

Status
Not open for further replies.

George Lebay

Feb 17, 2012
Laval
Greetings from Montreal. I saw this on a Laval (a Montreal suburb) highway the other day.

Good luck on your series vs the Canucks. Let's hope for a 89 rematch this year ;)

Anglesmith

Setting up the play?
Sep 17, 2012
Victoria
Chiarelli being the guy that traded Kessel and Seguin? Sounds like the right guy for the job, if the job involves trading Yakupov, Draisaitl or Eberle.

Anglesmith

Setting up the play?
Sep 17, 2012
Victoria
I like Friedman, but doesn't anyone else find it kinda odd or funny that he has to credit himself with the breaking news?

In this case, I think he wanted to give credit to Spector without discrediting himself. If he'd said "as Spector reports" or something like that, it makes it seem like he's just passing along Spector's scoop. If he doesn't say anything at the front of the tweet, it makes it seem like he's trying to scoop Spector.

Calculon

unholy acting talent
Jan 20, 2006
Error 503
I have a feeling the Oilers are going to be more active in a good way in the near future after promoting Bob Nicholson today.

You mean in a bad way. Sounds like they're moving towards competency if they do indeed end up hiring Chiarelli/McLellan.

Anglesmith

Setting up the play?
Sep 17, 2012
Victoria
Uggh. Before the McDavid lottery, GMs approached for the Edmonton job would've been all like

zfCyP4c.jpg

Now because of McDavid they're all of a sudden all like

zN9iP2X.jpg

Aug 3, 2010
Kinda weirded out to learn, but I think of the Canucks as a retooling club (Kesler being moved although it was more of a necessary evil than anything else) and acquiring pieces like Vrbata and Baertschi…

and then I learned they only have 1 pick in the top 90 this year, whereas Calgary has five.

Very post-Sutter era of them. Trade all the picks for retools!

May 27, 2012
Earth
Kinda weirded out to learn, but I think of the Canucks as a retooling club (Kesler being moved although it was more of a necessary evil than anything else) and acquiring pieces like Vrbata and Baertschi…

and then I learned they only have 1 pick in the top 90 this year, whereas Calgary has five.

Very post-Sutter era of them. Trade all the picks for retools!

But they need players in the 21-25 range. Before this season the most notable player in that age group was probably Jensen for forwards. Yuck. At least now it looks somewhat better with Sven, Clendening, Vey etc.

I think they are doing alright,

Kipper933

Remember the Kipper
Jul 10, 2002
Toronto, ON
Visit site
I think the Bruins made an atrocious decision by firing Chiarelli, the Bruins were awful for so long before Chiarelli. He took a lot of flack for dealing picks/Seguin and yet they have Hamilton, Smith, Krug, Spooner, Pastranak, many depth youth making impacts with their team with a very strong veteran core in place. The Bruins owners clearly forgot where they came from after 1 poor regular season.

The Oilers with McDavid + Chiarelli + the type of coach they could attract is a scary thought for my Oilers-hating self.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad