Prospect Info: Official Aleksander Barkov Calder Watch Thread!

walle

Sep 9, 2008
Northpole
How do you figure Boyes is better? He has 12 goals in 48 games, Colorado has 4 guys with over 12 goals not including Mackinnon.

I didnt compare Boyes to them. I said Barkov's 5v5 points scoring rate with Boyes is better than Mac's average. You sounded like Barkov would be suffering from his linemates while his production actually has been real solid even compared to leaguewise. (would be around top 60 in the league, if it wasnt for that slump with Upshall and Huby where Barkov only got 1 point with each of them.)

Gizmo Tkachuk

Registered Loser
Sep 23, 2009
Florida
The Calder practically belongs to Mac at this point, but Barkov gets absolutely no love from anywhere but Florida and Finland. It's sad.

jrockett1096

Aug 2, 2005
Miami
www.miamiestatebuyers.com
Why can't we just accept that Mack is just as good / better than Barkov? We keep digging for ramdon **** hoping something sticks in our argument that Barkov is better...

Mack is clearly an elite talent as well... accept it... watch them grow as players... enjoy.

I also agree. Mac is Steven Stamkos 2.0 and he deserves all the press he gets. If he puts in the same work and has the same dedication to being the best as Stamkos does in the offseason, Mac should be at 40 goals next year and maybe more.

Its a shame we didn't get the number 1 pick but we made the best of it and got Barkov who though not dynamic and won't sell jerseys all around the league, is a very good young player with a lot of talent and its true that he is the type of the player that shuts down the Macs of the world in playoff season while making everyone better and not just himself. That's rare to find!

Mac is a generational talent superstar and we were unlucky as usual but im happy Tallon surprised everyone and got the 2nd best player in the draft with the hand we were dealt. I prefer not to compare these 2 and rather just think about how we can get the best from what we have in Barkov and surround him with better players and get this powerplay straight.

cats31

Jun 19, 2013
I didnt compare Boyes to them. I said Barkov's 5v5 points scoring rate with Boyes is better than Mac's average. You sounded like Barkov would be suffering from his linemates while his production actually has been real solid even compared to leaguewise. (would be around top 60 in the league, if it wasnt for that slump with Upshall and Huby where Barkov only got 1 point with each of them.)

Further proves the point. Mac has 33 points right now, 10 are on the PP. If Barkov as surrounded by guys who could score on the PP we'd be looking at much more even numbers when it comes to the glamorous scoring numbers in hockey. It really turned out to be a win/win for both teams in the draft Colorado got themselves the goal scorer and game breaker they needed to propel them to the next level and Florida got the shutdown center and great play maker they can build there team around.

Benched

Jan 2, 2007
The Calder practically belongs to Mac at this point, but Barkov gets absolutely no love from anywhere but Florida and Finland. It's sad.

Just like all of our players. Even elite ones like Campbell and Thomas. That said Mac probably has the Calder and he deserves it. Guy is/is going to be great.

Cats2TheCup

Oct 27, 2011
Miami, Fl
Further proves the point. Mac has 33 points right now, 10 are on the PP. If Barkov as surrounded by guys who could score on the PP we'd be looking at much more even numbers when it comes to the glamorous scoring numbers in hockey. It really turned out to be a win/win for both teams in the draft Colorado got themselves the goal scorer and game breaker they needed to propel them to the next level and Florida got the shutdown center and great play maker they can build there team around.

guys who cares who wins the Calder...Sidney ****ing Crosby didn't even win the Calder ... and he's turned out pretty good I'd say.

its all relative anyway. I love barkov, and I would have loved Mac. you'll always love your children.

Beezer

Trochek Was Tripped!
Jun 24, 2007
Orlando, Florida
No doubt Mac will be a great player but Barkov looks like he will as well. I would have loved having Mac, but at the same time I really, really love having Barkov/Bjugstad as our top 2 right now!

ShootIt

Nov 8, 2008
guys who cares who wins the Calder...Sidney ****ing Crosby didn't even win the Calder ... and he's turned out pretty good I'd say.

its all relative anyway. I love barkov, and I would have loved Mac. you'll always love your children.

Seriously.

It'll be cool, but, doesn't mean that much.

We know how well Barkov is playing, and he looks to be on his way to be a #1 center.

cats31

Jun 19, 2013
Seriously.

It'll be cool, but, doesn't mean that much.

We know how well Barkov is playing, and he looks to be on his way to be a #1 center.

Exactly, anybody who has seen Barkov play recently has seen a future #1 C and top 2 way center ala Datsyuk, Toews, etc. The fact that he is only averaging a half PPG doesn't matter because of his age and linemates so far.

MintyFresh88

Oct 26, 2007
Ontario
GR tweeted that Barkov HAS NOT joined team in Boston and is DOUBTFUL for game Thurs. vs Leafs.

Don't know how "minor" this knee injury is.

panthersfan94

#CatsAreComing
Jan 23, 2014
Nashville, TN
I hate how mysterious this team is with injuries. They always say it will be a few days and before long it turns into the entire season. Just like at the beginning of the year with Jovo, they said he would be out for about 2 weeks and it turned into about 3 months

panthersfan94

#CatsAreComing
Jan 23, 2014
Nashville, TN
I hate how mysterious this team is with injuries. They always say it will be a few days and before long it turns into the entire season. Just like at the beginning of the year with Jovo, they said he would be out for about 2 weeks and it turned into about 3 months

batting1k

Mar 3, 2013
I don't get it because Horachek said he saw Barkov working out on Saturday and said he looked good. Also said he was skating on his own.

gudzilla

Aug 9, 2012
I don't get it because Horachek said he saw Barkov working out on Saturday and said he looked good. Also said he was skating on his own.

compared to the majority of this team, barkov could be in a wheelchair and still look good lol

JdRoar

Jan 9, 2013
Barkov on the I.R. retroactively, whatever that means

#FlaPanthers @Kopy82 has been taken off of I.R. and @Barkovsasha95 has been placed on I.R. retroactive to Jan.21.

StrangeVision

Wear a mask.
Apr 1, 2007
I'm pretty sure someone called this exact sequence of events with regards to Barkov in another thread.

Metalcommand

Mar 3, 2010
Why compare Mac to Barkov if you want that kind of thing compare him to Jones and Drouin since those were the other two options.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad