[Official] Adirondack Flames Thread (Also some ECHL talk)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012
the combination working midnights with 5pm games make it impossible to really follow the team the way I'd like.

Last night's score sheet in the 4-3 OT Loss

Scoring
1. LV Laughton, (1) (Gordon, Leier), 11:59 (PP)
2. ADK Acolatse, (1) (Granlund), 6:07 (PP)
2. ADK Wolf, (1) (Tousignant, Ramage), 10:44 (PP)
2. LV Laughton, (2) (Gordon, Gostisbehere), 19:15 (PP)
3. LV Straka, (1) (Cousins, Stortini), 2:26
3. ADK Stevenson, (1) (Granlund), 4:44
OT. LV Manning, (1) (Gostisbehere, Cousins), 1:24

So far tonight through 2 and a part in a 2-2 game

Scoring
1. ADK Ferland, (2) (Stevenson, Yonkman), 6:51
1. ADK Granlund, (1) (Wotherspoon), 10:29 (PP)
1. LV Laughton, (3) (Lauridsen), 15:30 (SH)
2. LV Laughton, (4) (Leier), 19:46

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012
ADIRONDACK FLAMES GOAL!!!!!
l2lB3T4.gif

Markus Granlund!

Flames 3
Phantoms 2

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012
ADIRONDACK FLAMES GOAL!!!!!
l2lB3T4.gif

Stevenson with the empty netter

Flames 4
Phantoms 2

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012
ADIRONDACK FLAMES WIN!!
FIRST WIN IN TEAM HISTORY!!

l2lB3T4.gif
l2lB3T4.gif

Flames 4
Phantoms 2

l2lB3T4.gif
l2lB3T4.gif

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012
Yes, 1-3-1. Looking at nothing but raw numbers here but what the heck is with Dustin Stevenson? 5th year pro defenseman, with only 7 AHL games under his belt heading into this season now has 7 points in 5 games and is the top scorer on the ADK Flames.

Stats:

Scoring
3. ADK Granlund, (2) (Stevenson, Ferland), 16:32
3. ADK Stevenson, (2) , 19:19 (EN/PP)

Penalties
1 - LV Manning, 6:46 - Fighting, 5 min
1 - ADK Tousignant, 6:46 - Fighting, 5 min
1 - LV Alderson, 9:24 - Hooking, 2 min (PP)
1 - ADK Stevenson, 11:52 - Interference, 2 min (PP)
1 - LV Alderson, 13:43 - Boarding, 2 min (PP)
1 - ADK Culkin, 15:19 - Hooking, 2 min (PP)
1 - LV Fyten, 15:21 - Interference, 2 min (PP)
1 - ADK Hathaway, 17:53 - Kneeing, 2 min (PP)
2 - LV Gordon, 17:59 - Interference, 2 min
2 - ADK Baertschi, 17:59 - Diving/Embellishment, (64.2) 2 min
3 - LV Cousins, 0:12 - Interference, 2 min (PP)
3 - LV Hagg, 7:53 - Holding, 2 min (PP)
3 - LV Alt, 18:06 - Delay of game, 2 min (PP)

GetThePuckOut

Mar 8, 2010
Calgary
You gotta think that Granlund gets the call-up before Baertschi at this point.

Even if Sven's playing well, you gotta put the numbers up if you're an offensive player.

YMCMBYOLO

WEDABEST
Mar 30, 2009
I am losing faith in Baertschi, he hasn't had a point yet and is already in the -... Of course, +/- isn't the best stat to use as an indicator, but still. Then again, I am just stat watching so maybe he is playing better.

Wheels of Poirier

Flames in 2016
Mar 21, 2014
Yes, 1-3-1. Looking at nothing but raw numbers here but what the heck is with Dustin Stevenson? 5th year pro defenseman, with only 7 AHL games under his belt heading into this season now has 7 points in 5 games and is the top scorer on the ADK Flames.

Stats:

Scoring
3. ADK Granlund, (2) (Stevenson, Ferland), 16:32
3. ADK Stevenson, (2) , 19:19 (EN/PP)

Penalties
1 - LV Manning, 6:46 - Fighting, 5 min
1 - ADK Tousignant, 6:46 - Fighting, 5 min
1 - LV Alderson, 9:24 - Hooking, 2 min (PP)
1 - ADK Stevenson, 11:52 - Interference, 2 min (PP)
1 - LV Alderson, 13:43 - Boarding, 2 min (PP)
1 - ADK Culkin, 15:19 - Hooking, 2 min (PP)
1 - LV Fyten, 15:21 - Interference, 2 min (PP)
1 - ADK Hathaway, 17:53 - Kneeing, 2 min (PP)
2 - LV Gordon, 17:59 - Interference, 2 min
2 - ADK Baertschi, 17:59 - Diving/Embellishment, (64.2) 2 min
3 - LV Cousins, 0:12 - Interference, 2 min (PP)
3 - LV Hagg, 7:53 - Holding, 2 min (PP)
3 - LV Alt, 18:06 - Delay of game, 2 min (PP)

I was wondering about that myself; hadn't really heard a whole hell of a lot about him until tonight, but 3 pts including the empty-netter.. Posted some decent numbers in the ECHL, has good size, seems truculent; have to imagine he'd be a possible candidate for a call-up at some point if he continues to contribute like he has so far..

Anyways, good to see them pull one out, revenge for last night.. GranMa with the GWG; glad that he seems to have picked right back up where he left off before getting hurt, hope he can keep it going..

Calculon

unholy acting talent
Jan 20, 2006
Error 503
I was wondering about that myself; hadn't really heard a whole hell of a lot about him until tonight, but 3 pts including the empty-netter.. Posted some decent numbers in the ECHL, has good size, seems truculent; have to imagine he'd be a possible candidate for a call-up at some point if he continues to contribute like he has so far..

Anyways, good to see them pull one out, revenge for last night.. GranMa with the GWG; glad that he seems to have picked right back up where he left off before getting hurt, hope he can keep it going..

Think he's only signed to an AHL contract so no call up possible.

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012
I am losing faith in Baertschi, he hasn't had a point yet and is already in the -... Of course, +/- isn't the best stat to use as an indicator, but still. Then again, I am just stat watching so maybe he is playing better.
He took a diving penalty today too. I'm always disgusted to see that

Wheels of Poirier

Flames in 2016
Mar 21, 2014
Think he's only signed to an AHL contract so no call up possible.

I'm having a hard time finding his contract details; it appears he was signed to a 3-year, 2-way deal with Washington that expired last year, and made the A-Flames on a PTO, so what does that mean? Is it just like a one-year audition strictly with Addy and he's a free agent again? Anyways, we can always use a 6'4", 200 lbs+ guy in the system who is truculent and can put up points. He's still fair young too, just turned 25.. maybe a late-bloomer? Might eventually be worth another look on a 2-way.. in the meanwhile, he seems to be a good fit in Adirondack, at least in the early going.

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012
I'm having a hard time finding his contract details; it appears he was signed to a 3-year, 2-way deal with Washington that expired last year, and made the A-Flames on a PTO, so what does that mean? Is it just like a one-year audition strictly with Addy and he's a free agent again? Anyways, we can always use a 6'4", 200 lbs+ guy in the system who is truculent and can put up points. He's still fair young too, just turned 25.. maybe a late-bloomer? Might eventually be worth another look on a 2-way.. in the meanwhile, he seems to be a good fit in Adirondack, at least in the early going.
It means he is either on a PTO or an AHL contract. It's really that simple.

Turning Mangiapanese

Jun 18, 2011
But I thought Granlund was just a product of Max Reinhart? :sarcasm:

But seriously, what's up with Reinhart? I haven't seen any of the games, is he getting 4th line minutes or something, bad bounces? Seemed to be the model of consistency last season (again, I'm mostly stat-watching the AHL).

Look like Ortio finally had a good game as well, was getting a little concerned.

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012

But seriously, what's up with Reinhart? I haven't seen any of the games, is he getting 4th line minutes or something, bad bounces? Seemed to be the model of consistency last season (again, I'm mostly stat-watching the AHL).

Look like Ortio finally had a good game as well, was getting a little concerned.
From what I can tell Max is playing with Baertschi and Van Brabant right now. I am unsure if it is Sven or BVB that has been shifted to the RW.

Wheels of Poirier

Flames in 2016
Mar 21, 2014
It means he is either on a PTO or an AHL contract. It's really that simple.

I can't find anything that says he's under contract, so if it is a PTO does that mean a decision must be made by the time he plays 25 games for Addy? I'm not exactly well-schooled in the verses of player contracts, but I do find his particular situation interesting especially with the decent start to the year he's had.

Anglesmith

Setting up the play?
Sep 17, 2012
Victoria

From the small segment I was watching, Reinhart is playing with Baertschi, and they're impressive to watch together. Only thing missing is the puck going in the net. I watched about 5 minutes, Reinhart and Baertschi had the three best chances of the game, including a pass bouncing over Reinhart's stick when he had an open net and Baertschi hitting the crossbar on a backhand, then another wiff from point blank.

Because of that, I'm going to wait and see for more than 5 games.

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012
I can't find anything that says he's under contract, so if it is a PTO does that mean a decision must be made by the time he plays 25 games for Addy? I'm not exactly well-schooled in the verses of player contracts, but I do find his particular situation interesting especially with the decent start to the year he's had.
They don't always share AHL contract information. But if he can be believed the ADK colour commentator stated during the season opener that everyone on a PTO was released, which would mean Stevenson and Gillies were signed to AHL contracts. If they aren't, yes it is 25 games and a player can sign 2 PTOs over the course of a season with the same team.

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012
From the small segment I was watching, Reinhart is playing with Baertschi, and they're impressive to watch together. Only thing missing is the puck going in the net. I watched about 5 minutes, Reinhart and Baertschi had the three best chances of the game, including a pass bouncing over Reinhart's stick when he had an open net and Baertschi hitting the crossbar on a backhand, then another wiff from point blank.

Because of that, I'm going to wait and see for more than 5 games.
Should also be pointed out that even Granlund had no points before the games against the Phantoms.

Wheels of Poirier

Flames in 2016
Mar 21, 2014
Should also be pointed out that even Granlund had no points before the games against the Phantoms.

Cheers for clarification above, and yes very interesting to note about Granlund.. just getting warmed up perhaps? Could be a huge year for him (if he can stay healthy), though I'm not sure very many around here would be that surprised to see him continue to do well..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad