[Official] Adirondack Flames Thread (Also some ECHL talk)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012
Flames start improving once they sign a few veterans. Would you look at that.
they aren't really veterans. they started improving when they got healthier. Poirier returned, Hanowski returned, Potter returned. Rooks are getting more acclimated too and other players are getting settled into the new city

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012
ADK Flames won 3-2 in a shootout this afternoon.

Scoring
1. ADK Knight, (4) (Wolf), 16:57
2. LE Street, (1) (Agozzino, Vincour), 3:45
3. LE Smith, (4) (Bourke), 2:24
3. ADK Arnold, (4) (Poirier, Yonkman), 9:24

Adirondack Shootout
11 Corban Knight Goal
16 Mathieu Tousignant Goal
28 Ben Hanowski No Goal
21 Emile Poirier Goal - Winner

Lake Erie Shootout
43 Mike Sgarbossa Goal
81 Tomas Vincour No Goal
37 Colin Smith Goal
10 Ben Street No Goal

Volica

Papa Shango
May 15, 2012
Shootout winner, to boot. 3-4-7 in 6 games, +4. This kid is something else.

I am fairly certain he will see the NHL later this season, or will be an NHLer come next season.

If we need a brief reminder, last year when he was sent down, Feaster only pointed as his fitness level as the requirement (along the lines of, he was in excellent shape, but not NHL excellent shape, compared to Monahan). And this year he was suppose to be competing for a spot already, had he not required surgery/rehab. Now that that's all figured out, he's an NHL level talent playing in the AHL... The results are not surprising.

I remember hating this pick when we made it, because Hunter Shinkaruk was still on the table (along with 99.9% of you, so don't even try; most of you had never even heard of Émile until someone posted the videos of his breakneck speed)... Now it's looking like he's going to be an absolute gem; one thing you have to give up to Feaster and co. their drafting outside of one pick in recent memory has been dynamite.

herashak

Mar 24, 2013
Klimchuk, I really wish klimchuk would start showing his offensive potential though.

Calculon

unholy acting talent
Jan 20, 2006
Error 503
I am fairly certain he will see the NHL later this season, or will be an NHLer come next season.

If we need a brief reminder, last year when he was sent down, Feaster only pointed as his fitness level as the requirement (along the lines of, he was in excellent shape, but not NHL excellent shape, compared to Monahan). And this year he was suppose to be competing for a spot already, had he not required surgery/rehab. Now that that's all figured out, he's an NHL level talent playing in the AHL... The results are not surprising.

I remember hating this pick when we made it, because Hunter Shinkaruk was still on the table (along with 99.9% of you, so don't even try; most of you had never even heard of Émile until someone posted the videos of his breakneck speed)... Now it's looking like he's going to be an absolute gem; one thing you have to give up to Feaster and co. their drafting outside of one pick in recent memory has been dynamite.

Wasn't familiar with Poirier but glad to be part of the 0.1% that didn't want Shinkaruk.

Taranis

Jul 9, 2013
Nova Scotia
I seem to remember a couple at the time not wanting Shinkaruk due to character issues. I definitely didn't know about Poirier at the time, but I would stay clear of anyone with potential mental/attitude issues.

herashak

Mar 24, 2013
I wasn't mad at the poirier pick when I found out he played the right side, I'm still mad we picked a goon with our 3rd round pick that year.

Volica

Papa Shango
May 15, 2012
Wasn't familiar with Poirier but glad to be part of the 0.1% that didn't want Shinkaruk.

Well done haha!
You were against Fucale, I remember that's what a ton of analysts had us drafting with our later picks.

As for Calgary native v Calgary native... I don't know... Hunter seems to be a solid pick, as much as I hate saying it. Klimmer's got nothing to prove at the CHL level anymore, but he's going to spin his wheels there another season.

Steven

May 10, 2009
Have any of you guys seen Klimchuk play much? I've only had a chance to see him in the obvious settings (Subway Super Series, preseason/training camp, etc) but when I have seen him I haven't come away feeling very impressed. His offensive numbers in the WHL aren't exactly spectacular, especially for a 1st round pick in his 2nd full season since being drafted. Don't wanna get caught putting too much stock into stat-watching though. What kind of game does he play and what sort of player do you guys see him projecting as at the NHL level?

Also curious about Arnold. Looks like he's had a strong start in ADK. Any opinions/insight on his game? I'm actually pretty curious about a number of the ADK guys. Hanowski seems to be scoring pretty well too. Hadn't heard much about him since the trade and sort've assumed he was likely ending up a career AHLer/fringe NHLer.

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012
Have any of you guys seen Klimchuk play much? I've only had a chance to see him in the obvious settings (Subway Super Series, preseason/training camp, etc) but when I have seen him I haven't come away feeling very impressed. His offensive numbers in the WHL aren't exactly spectacular, especially for a 1st round pick in his 2nd full season since being drafted. Don't wanna get caught putting too much stock into stat-watching though. What kind of game does he play and what sort of player do you guys see him projecting as at the NHL level?

Also curious about Arnold. Looks like he's had a strong start in ADK. Any opinions/insight on his game? I'm actually pretty curious about a number of the ADK guys. Hanowski seems to be scoring pretty well too. Hadn't heard much about him since the trade and sort've assumed he was likely ending up a career AHLer/fringe NHLer.
Keep in mind that Klimchuk was hurt in training camp and missed time and was a bit slower out of the gate due to his injury and missed time. He also had a pretty injury that caused a slow start last year then had another knee injury that he sustained in the Superseries game I was at (I still cannot believe the Rushan Factor knocked him out of the game!)

I have seen Klimchuk play live twice and on TV a few times and I've always been impressed. Especially the one game live where he scored a hattrick, added a pair of assists, was dominant offensively, defensively and on the penalty kill. He always knew where to go to find the open areas (very Iginla-esque in this regard) and he would even throw his body around.

edit: mods, please do not lock yet. I am getting a new ADK thread ready with a few of my posts first so i can have lots of info in there.

Steven

May 10, 2009
Alright, that makes sense. Wasn't sure what sort of game he brings and didn't get much of an idea for it in my limited chances to see him. Any projections on upside/playstyle?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad