HF Habs: Official 2019 Mock Draft (Teams are assigned, starting on the 18th)

San Jose has an option from the Kane trade: Keep 2019 4th rounder, Give up 2020 3rd (or the reverse)

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Yoshidas Island

TY for the memories Yosh :'(
Jan 2, 2015
Ok I double checked this one.
Toronto changes their selection to Alfred Barklund.
Sorry about that guys.

OB5

May 2, 2015
:rangersare pleased to select...from Omskie Yastreby, Yegor Chinakhov!

That does it for the Rangers' draft. Thoughts?

2. Jack Hughes
We nearly fell over when we realized he was falling to us at 2. Not a bad silver medal. Hughes brings dynamic acceleration, top-end speed, edgework, puck skills… I can keep going but you get the idea. He makes something happen every shift and competes hard to become the best player on the ice.
22. Moritz Seider
He’s a 6-foot-4 defenseman who skates and moves the puck well, showing great poise and instincts. Defensively, he’s a rock with his wingspan, feet and defensive acumen, and projects as a tough minutes player in the NHL
37. Nathan Legare
He’s got one of the best shots in the draft. He’s scored a lot of goals this season, wiring shots from long distance off a post/crossbar or blowing it past a goalie. He’s a great scorer and that’s where he’ll make his money, but he’s also a very smart overall player. Legare can hit tight seams consistently and is very crafty overall with the puck.
49. Anttoni Honka
Honka is very smart, and his skating and vision make him ideal to quarterback a power play. He's a great puck mover, and his skating is excellent.
62: John Farinacci
A big right shot centre who passes the puck quick and effectively, uses his size to protect pucks and wins the battles along the boards. One of the best passers in high school as he puts but touch and zip on them.A really good skater for a large kid; he needs to work on his first step quickness, but once he is moving straight ahead, he is barreling freight coming down the track.
68: Michal Teply
Has a great shot and good vision. He’s a big goal-scoring winger with a right-handed shot, has a great selection of shots, has an amazing release, is capable of making plays.
112: Layton Ahac
Long lean defender who wasn’t afforded as much situational ice time to raise him to the upper echelons of the draft class, but he shows terrific feet, nice jump, very good offensive talents. Reads the ice and sees those hard to anticipate seam passes and pinpoints them, while in motion. Good size and athletic enough to continue to develop into a solid defender as well as a mailman. Might have the lightest edging in the class, he is a long term project that has a high water mark.
130: Ethan Phillips
He’s a very good skater who is slick and is an adept stickhandler, which allows him to protect pucks
161: Cole Moberg
Only two days away from the 2018 draft, Moberg probably would’ve gone undrafted last year, however with a greater role and more offensive freedom he’s playing well for Prince George.
205: Yegor Chinakhov

GM PMed

Pompeius Magnus

May 18, 2014
Kanata ,ON
With the 206th pick, Saint-Louis selects from the Oshawa generals of the OHL, Mitchell Brewer.
'' He was picked 15th overall out of Ontario midget hockey and we like his toolbox quite a bit. He fits into the modern defenseman mold with his speed and position oriented game but he's got a nice frame too and he's not afraid to use the body when the situation presents itself. The production hasn't quite materialize yet but we feel he's something of an hidden gem at this spot'' .
@Fozz is up next for Calgary.

Last edited:

jiboy

la game dans la game
May 2, 2007
With the 208th pick , :habs are proud to select from Thunder Bay North Stars (SIJHL) , Keighan Gerrie (C). He has commited to play for the Bowling Green State University next year and he was also drafted by the London Knights at last year OHL draft.

He is a longshot and a typical project but he has a lots of skills. Need to see how he adjusts to div 1 men hockey next year.

keighan-gerrie-2.jpg;w=960;h=640;bgcolor=000000

Gerrie, a graduate of the Thunder Bay Kings program, said he was thrilled to see his name was on the Central Scouting Bureau list.
“Obviously it was pretty shocking,” said Gerrie, adding the Montreal Canadiens were his favourite NHL team while growing up.

“I think I bring a lot of speed to the game, playmaking and I see the ice well.”

Here is my draft recap :

15. Ville Heinola
46. Kaedan Korczak
50. Samuel Fagemo
77. Marcus Kallionkieli
108. Ben Brinkman
131 Aku Raty
136 Simon Lundmark
138 Josh Williams
170 Wiljami Myllylä
208 Keighan Gerrie

Had a lot of fun , think my only regret is not picking Justin Bergeron with my 77th pick , otherwise im happy with my mock and yeah the fifth round and on was pretty hard as I just hit my event horizon at that point. Pretty happy with my final pick Gerrie is a likable prospect who is playing in a very weak league but might surprise if everything tracks well.

Mrb1p

PRICERSTOPDAPUCK
Dec 10, 2011
Citizen of the world
With the 208th pick , :habs are proud to select from Thunder Bay North Stars (SIJHL) , Keighan Gerrie (C). He has commited to play for the Bowling Green State University next year and he was also drafted by the London Knights at last year OHL draft.

He is a longshot and a typical project but he has a lots of skills. Need to see how he adjusts to div 1 men hockey next year.

keighan-gerrie-2.jpg;w=960;h=640;bgcolor=000000

Gerrie, a graduate of the Thunder Bay Kings program, said he was thrilled to see his name was on the Central Scouting Bureau list.
“Obviously it was pretty shocking,” said Gerrie, adding the Montreal Canadiens were his favourite NHL team while growing up.

“I think I bring a lot of speed to the game, playmaking and I see the ice well.”

Here is my draft recap :

15. Ville Heinola
46. Kaedan Korczak
50. Samuel Fagemo
77. Marcus Kallionkieli
108. Ben Brinkman
131 Aku Raty
136 Simon Lundmark
138 Josh Williams
170 Wiljami Myllylä
208 Keighan Gerrie

Had a lot of fun , think my only regret is not picking Justin Bergeron with my 77th pick , otherwise im happy with my mock and yeah the fifth round and on was pretty hard as I just hit my event horizon at that point. Pretty happy with my final pick Gerrie is a likable prospect who is playing in a very weak league but might surprise if everything tracks well.
I like those first two picks. Id be thrilled if thats how the draft played out. Fagemo is nice but I feel he may a bit overrrated,

JeffreyLFC

Sep 29, 2017
I will make my selection shortly... it is hard to find decent player now

Pittsburgh selects Tomas Mazura from Kimball Union.

This is it for me.

1. Samuel Poulin (23)
2. Karl Henriksson (98)
3. Isaiah Saville (147)
4. Aaron Huglen (203)
5. Tomas Mazura (209)

That's it, finally for a team with shit, late and low number of picks not bad.

@ProspectsFanatic you are up

Last edited:

ProspectsFanatic

Nov 13, 2012
Toronto selects with the 209th selection, from the Saginaw Spirit in the OHL, Nicholas Porco.

Porco was selected 4th overall in the 2017 OHL draft. He has a well-rounded game with very strong separation speed which makes him a dangerous threat every time he steps on the ice. Due to the depth of this season Saginaw Spirit, Porco was pushed into a defensive role, we expect a big jump in his production next season as he gets more ice time and more opportunities to play on the power play. His game which is centered around speed should translate well to professional hockey.

Up next @Mathletic

Reactions: Yoshidas Island

Fozz

Aug 1, 2002
Ottawa
Visit site
Sorry guys but I never got a notification for pick #207. If you don't mind, I'll pick now...

Calgary picks forward Matias Mäntykivi from SaiPa of the Finnish league.

Fozz

Aug 1, 2002
Ottawa
Visit site
Final 2019 draft:
cgy.png

30 - Ryan Suzuki, C, CAN, Barrie Colts, OHL
92- Blake Murray, C, CAN, Sudbury Wolves, OHL
154- Trevor Janicke, RW, USA, Central Illinois Flying Aces, USHL
207 - Matias Mäntykivi, F, FIN, SaiPa U20, Jr. A SM-liiga

Pompeius Magnus

May 18, 2014
Kanata ,ON
Sorry guys but I never got a notification for pick #207. If you don't mind, I'll pick now...

Calgary picks forward Matias Mäntykivi from SaiPa of the Finnish league.
I did send one but it doesn't seem to be working half the time. I'm very sorry if it cost you a player .

Mathletic

Feb 28, 2002
Ste-Foy
:sharks :sharks :sharks

With the 211th pick, the San Jose Sharks select, from the Sudbury Wolves of the OHL, LD​

Liam Ross

ross-liam.jpg

Scouting report:Ross has great work ethic and is a very intelligent defender. Defense first guy, but he's been taking a bigger role in the offensive zone. The skating will be the area that holds him back but he has already improved his mobility.

@Hope Of Glory is now on the clock

Last edited:

Mathletic

Feb 28, 2002
Ste-Foy
Draft Recap

3rd round, 87th overall - Alex Beaucage, RW, Rouyn-Noranda Huskies, QMJHL
5th round, 149th overall - Max Wahlgren, RW, MODO, SuperElit
6th round, 180th overall - Mattias Norlinder, LD, MODO, Allsvenskan
7th round, 211th overall - Liam Ross, LD, Sudbury Wolves, OHL

what I've drafted over the years

1st round, 20th overall - David Pastrňák, RW, Södertälje Sportklubb, HockeyAllsvenskan
2nd round, 51st overall - Jayce Hawryluk, C, Brandon Wheat Kings, Western Hockey League
3rd round, 81st overall - Lucas Wallmark, C, Luleå Hockeyförening, Svenska hockeyligan
4th round, 111th overall - Joe Hicketts, D, Victoria Royals, Western Hockey League
5th round, 141st overall - Tyler Bird, RW, Kimball Union Academy, New Hampshire
6th round, 157th overall - Arvid Lundberg, D, Skellefteå AIK, Svenska hockeyligan
6th round, 171st overall - Viktor Arvidsson, LW, Skellefteå AIK, Svenska hockeyligan
7th round, 201st overall - Marcus McIvor, D, North Bay Battalion, Ontario Hockey League

1st round, 27th overal - Jeremy Bracco, RW, USA NTDP
3rd round, 80th overall - Tyler Soy, C, Vitoria Royals, Western Hockey League
3rd round, 82nd overall - Callum Booth, G, Remparts de Québec, LHJMQ
5th round, 149th overall - Vladislav Gavrikov, D, Lokomotiv Yaroslavl, KHL
6th round, 179th overall - Tyson Baillie, C/RW, Kelowna Rockets, Western Hockey League

1st round, 3rd overall - Jesse Puljujärvi, RW, Kärpät Oulu, Liiga
2nd round, 34th overall - Tyler Benson, LW, Vancouver Giants, Western Hockey League
3rd round, 64th overall - Casey Fitzgerald, D, Boston College, Hockey East (NCAA)
6th round, 154th overall - Veini Vehviläinen, G, Jyväskylän Palloilijat, Liiga
7th round, 184th overall - Fredrik Karlström, C, Allmänna Idrottsklubben (AIK), Allsvenskan

1st round, 17th overall - Jesper Boqvist, C, Brynäs IF, SHL
4th round, 110th overall - David Noël, D, Val-d'Or Foreurs, QMJHL
5th round, 141st overall - Emil Bemström, C, Leksands IF, SHL
6th round, 172nd overall - Daniil Tarasov, G, Tolpar Ufa, MHL
7th round, 202nd overall - Cole Guttman, C, Dubuque Fighting Saints, USHL

1st round, 1st overall - Rasmus Dahlin, LD, Frölunda HC, SHL
2nd round, 32nd overall - K'Andre Miller, LD, USA NTDP
4th round, 94th overall - Marcus Westfält, C, Brynäs IF, SHL
4th round, 117th overall - Logan Hutsko, C, Boston College, NCAA
5th round, 125th overall - Alexis Gravel, G, Halifax Mooseheads, QMJHL
6th round, 156th overall - Einar Emanuelsson, RW, Lulea HF, SHL
7th round, 187th overall - Shamil Shmakov, G, Sibirskie Snaipery, MHL