HF Habs: Official 2019 Mock Draft (Teams are assigned, starting on the 18th)

San Jose has an option from the Kane trade: Keep 2019 4th rounder, Give up 2020 3rd (or the reverse)

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

TT1

May 31, 2013
Montreal
:sens

With our final pick of the draft, Ottawa is happy to select Michael Gildon!

51_gildon,_michael_(25).jpg

(1)
19: Cam York
(2)
32: Jakob Pelletier
(2)
44: Brett Leason
(3)
85: Ryan Siedem
(4)
94: Josh Nodler
(5)
125: Mike Koster
(7)
187: Michael Gildon

Ty to @Tomas Tatahhh for hosting the mock, was fun guys.

PMing

The Great Weal

Phil's Pizza
Jan 15, 2015

(1)
(2)
(2)
(3)
(4)
(5)
(7)

PMing
Damn I thought you guys would forget about him. I'd be very surprised if he fell all the way to the 7th.

sandviper

No Ragrets
Jan 26, 2016
Toronto
With the 189th pick, the New Jersey devils are please to select from the Ottawa 67's (OHL), Nikita Okhotyuk (LHD)

Capture.JPG

To put it simply, we feel incredibly fortunate to be able to pick Nikita this late in the draft. Solidly built and physical by nature, Nikita is the type of defenceman who will keep opponents on their toes should they skate in head down. That said, we recognize his offensive upside is very much a work in progress and despite the lack of offense, there are concerns about his defensive zone control as well. However, we feel Nikita's mobility and physical play is too hard to ignore in this final round of the draft.

@MarkovtoSubban and Detroit are up and PM'd.

Reactions: yoteshot

yoteshot

Lazy Habs fan
Aug 6, 2005
Gatineau / Ottawa
With the 189th pick, the New Jersey devils are please to select from the Ottawa 67's (OHL), Nikita Okhotyuk (LHD)

View attachment 226533

To put it simply, we feel incredibly fortunate to be able to pick Nikita this late in the draft. Solidly built and physical by nature, Nikita is the type of defenceman who will keep opponents on their toes should they skate in head down. That said, we recognize his offensive upside is very much a work in progress and despite the lack of offense, there are concerns about his defensive zone control as well. However, we feel Nikita's mobility and physical play is too hard to ignore in this final round of the draft.

@MarkovtoSubban and Detroit are up and PM'd.

I should never have PM'd you!

Damn, I really thought Okhotyuk would keep falling a bit. I've been eyeing him since round 5, but took Orekhov and Tanus before him. I'd be happy if the Habs took him starting in round 4... Damn!

Reactions: Toene and sandviper

yoteshot

Lazy Habs fan
Aug 6, 2005
Gatineau / Ottawa

(1)
(2)
(2)
(3)
(4)
(5)
(7)

PMing

What a draft that would be for Ottawa! Good job! Pelletier at 32 is amazing value, especially!

TT1

May 31, 2013
Montreal
What a draft that would be for Ottawa! Good job! Pelletier at 32 is amazing value, especially!

Ty, i actually wanted to pick Alexandrov at 85 and Siedem at 94. Ottawa has a big need for RD tho so i didn't want to risk missing out on him (even tho it was more likely that Siedem ended up falling, he doesn't have much coverage). Didn't wanna get too greedy tho:P.

MarkovtoSubban

Mar 11, 2009
Toronto
:wings:wings:wings

With pick #190 the Detroit Red Wings select G Ethan Haider from the Minnesota Magicians of the NAHL
ep_33_haider,_ethan_(4)_2018-11-10.jpg

GM Says "He's a big kid headed to a solid program in Clarkson. He'll probably play there 4 years and then we'll see what we've got."
:wings
Steve Yzerman's Draft Recap
6-RW, Vasili Podkolzin, St. Petersburg, MHL
35-LW, Nick Robertson, Peterborough, OHL
56-RW Simon Holmstrom, HV71 J20
57-G Pyotr Kochetkov, HK Ryazan, VHL
66-D Marshall Warren, USNTDP, Boston College
97-D Dom Fensore, USNTDP, Boston U
128-RW Ryder Donovan, Duluth East HS, MN, U of Wisconsin
143-C Jack Malone, Youngstown, USHL, Cornell
159-RW Bryce Brodzinski, Blaine HS, MN, U of Minnesota
190-G Ethan Haider, Minnesota, NAHL, Clarkson

Andrei79

Jan 25, 2013
:wings:wings:wings

With pick #190 the Detroit Red Wings select G Ethan Haider from the Minnesota Magicians of the NAHL
ep_33_haider,_ethan_(4)_2018-11-10.jpg

GM Says "He's a big kid headed to a solid program in Clarkson. He'll probably play there 4 years and then we'll see what we've got."
:wings
Steve Yzerman's Draft Recap
6-RW, Vasili Podkolzin, St. Petersburg, MHL
35-LW, Nick Robertson, Peterborough, OHL
56-RW Simon Holmstrom, HV71 J20
57-G Pyotr Kochetkov, HK Ryazan, VHL
66-D Marshall Warren, USNTDP, Boston College
97-D Dom Fensore, USNTDP, Boston U
128-RW Ryder Donovan, Duluth East HS, MN, U of Wisconsin
143-C Jack Malone, Youngstown, USHL, Cornell
159-RW Bryce Brodzinski, Blaine HS, MN, U of Minnesota
190-G Ethan Haider, Minnesota, NAHL, Clarkson

Very Detroit-y kinda draft.

MarkovtoSubban

Mar 11, 2009
Toronto
Detroit-Red-Wings-Steve-Yzerman-featured.jpg

"Thank you for allowing me to be your GM Detroit. I feel we laid the foundations for a contending team here with this draft. My only regret is that I gambled on Spencer Knight dropping to late second, which seems dumb in hindsight, but we added two good goalies, some new era dmen and a lot of skill and power to our forward group."

THANK YOU DETROIT ROCK CITY! BEST DRAFT EVER!!! WOO HOO!

WeThreeKings

Habs cup - its in the BAG
Sep 19, 2006
Halifax
The Boston Bruins are proud to select from Sioux Falls of the United States Hockey League, Center, Jami Kranilla!

"Kranilla is a small pivot in the USHL coming over from Finland. He is a very strong and agile skater. He displays good defensive awareness and effort despite his lack of physical stature. The strength of his game is in his hockey sense and playmaking ability."

L4br3cqu3

Matter of principle.
Sponsor
May 5, 2002
La Tuque
With their last pick in the 2019 amateur draft (and glad it's their last pick because it became increasingly difficult to know who was left), Edmonton is proud to select, from the North Bay Battalion, C Mason Primeau

images

"One of the youngest players in the draft, Primeau has some interesting bloodlines. Already huge at 6'5, he plays a power game, and has a nice enough skillset to envision him at the next level. A project through and through, he will need time to fill out that frame and to develop correctly."

8- Trevor Zegras
38- Spencer Knight
88- Nikita Alexandrov
100- Judd Caulfield
162- Voytech Strondala
193-Mason Primeau

Thanks a lot for hosting that mock, yet again, @Tomas Tatahhh it's greatly appreciated. And thanks to all the participants, as usual, I learned a lot about the incoming draftees.

Next GM will be PMed.

Reactions: Le Barron de HF

yoteshot

Lazy Habs fan
Aug 6, 2005
Gatineau / Ottawa
With our last pick in this draft, we hesitated between two completely different players from the Q and decided to go with Yaroslav Likhachyov from the Gatineau Olympiques. He's a guy we have been able to watch a lot this year and although he might never put it all together, we feel like he has the offensive skill to be a great player, like he showed at the last Hlinka tournament. His first year in the Q was very disappointing, but he's one of the younger players in this draft and we hope he can take the next step and dominate this league starting next year.

:hawks

3-Alex Turcotte
43-Albin Grewe
105-Antti Tuomisto
120-Ilya Konovalov
155-Valeri Orekhov
167-Kristian Tanus
194-Yaroslav Likhachyov

Mrb1p

PRICERSTOPDAPUCK
Dec 10, 2011
Citizen of the world
With our last pick in this draft, we hesitated between two completely different players from the Q and decided to go with Yaroslav Likhachyov from the Gatineau Olympiques. He's a guy we have been able to watch a lot this year and although he might never put it all together, we feel like he has the offensive skill to be a great player, like he showed at the last Hlinka tournament. His first year in the Q was very disappointing, but he's one of the younger players in this draft and we hope he can take the next step and dominate this league starting next year.

:hawks

3-Alex Turcotte
43-Albin Grewe
105-Antti Tuomisto
120-Ilya Konovalov
155-Valeri Orekhov
167-Kristian Tanus
194-Yaroslav Likhachyov
And now you've done it... Likhachyov is a favorite of mine.
Man, you have a really good draft right there.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad