HF Habs: Official 2019 Mock Draft (Teams are assigned, starting on the 18th)

San Jose has an option from the Kane trade: Keep 2019 4th rounder, Give up 2020 3rd (or the reverse)

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

NotProkofievian

Nov 29, 2011
I'll be picking in about 10 minutes.

digDBXc.gif

MarkovsKnee

Global Moderator
Nov 21, 2007
Toronto
With the 53rd pick, the Winnipeg Jets are pleased to select from the Flint Firebirds Defenseman Vladislav Kolyachonok.

Kolyachonok is an elite skater with wonderful offensive instincts. He is confident in possession of the puck whether moving it up ice or playing in the offensive or defensive zones. Because of his skating abilities, he's difficult to beat one-on-one as he can angle people off, he closes passing/shooting lanes quickly and is very active with his stick. At 6'2, he comes with good size too. Like all young D, he still needs some work in the defensive zone, but it's coachable. He also needs to be more consistent in his game, but he also played for a crap organization in Flint. Needs to gain weight/strength for sure (only around 180 at 6'2.).

Kolyachonok has 3-4 D upside. He can play both sides equally well, and is just growing into his game. This kid stepped straight into a rookie season in the OHL from Belarus and did so smoothly.

I think this pick is awesome for the Jets. They really need to start getting guys on that blueline who can transition the play and help set-up. I think that was obvious against the Blues as only Buff and Morrissey were able to get the puck to the other end of the rink without icing it.

Once Koly puts some weight on this kid is going to be a beast.

This isn't just a needs pick either. I definitely feel he is BPA and I'm super happy I got him at 53.

Reactions: calder candidate

calder candidate

Feb 25, 2003
Montreal
Visit site
Not really happy with the last two picks... Those were exactly the guys I wanted to pick in that order.

upload_2019-4-24_10-20-6.gifRound 2: #54
With the 54th pick of the 2019 draft the Florida Panthers are proud to select from London of the OHL
C, Matvey Gustov: 6’1”, 171lbs
upload_2019-4-24_10-20-6.jpg
Highly skilled centre who already is playing his first North American season with The Knights this season. Displays a high skill level in all areas, and is ultra-effective playing at a high speed pace. Dynamic as a scorer and playmaker, he plays a 200 foot game and exhibits a level of hockey IQ and maturity. London strong line-up has him relegated in his initial North American season, but will eventually settle in to his centre position. He has an excellent shot but at this juncture looks like a perimeter player, doesn’t play the game in the high traffic greasy areas. Has a physical tools and a frame that will allow him to add muscle.

#13: D, Victor Soderstrom
#54: C, Matvey Guskov

@Yoshidas Island Toronto is on the Clock
@Yoshidas Island has been PM

Reactions: MarkovsKnee

Yoshidas Island

TY for the memories Yosh :'(
Jan 2, 2015
The Toronto Maple Leafs are proud to select,
from the Moncton Wild Cats, defenseman Jordan Spence.

I will PM next GM

Mrb1p

PRICERSTOPDAPUCK
Dec 10, 2011
Citizen of the world
With the 53rd pick, the Winnipeg Jets are pleased to select from the Flint Firebirds Defenseman Vladislav Kolyachonok.

Kolyachonok is an elite skater with wonderful offensive instincts. He is confident in possession of the puck whether moving it up ice or playing in the offensive or defensive zones. Because of his skating abilities, he's difficult to beat one-on-one as he can angle people off, he closes passing/shooting lanes quickly and is very active with his stick. At 6'2, he comes with good size too. Like all young D, he still needs some work in the defensive zone, but it's coachable. He also needs to be more consistent in his game, but he also played for a crap organization in Flint. Needs to gain weight/strength for sure (only around 180 at 6'2.).

Kolyachonok has 3-4 D upside. He can play both sides equally well, and is just growing into his game. This kid stepped straight into a rookie season in the OHL from Belarus and did so smoothly.

I think this pick is awesome for the Jets. They really need to start getting guys on that blueline who can transition the play and help set-up. I think that was obvious against the Blues as only Buff and Morrissey were able to get the puck to the other end of the rink without icing it.

This isn't just a needs pick either. I definitely feel he is BPA and I'm super happy I got him at 53.
tenor.gif

First round talent at 53.

MarkovtoSubban

Mar 11, 2009
Toronto
With pick #56 the Detroit Red Wings select LW Simon Holmstrom

simonholmstrom_2018-11-05.jpg

GM says: He is an excellent skater, very nimble in tight quarters with superior vision. Has been the best player at the U18 for Sweden. A playmaker first but he has shown flashes of a sniper instinct when he has chances in front of goal. Needs to be more implicated physically.

Reactions: Toene

Mrb1p

PRICERSTOPDAPUCK
Dec 10, 2011
Citizen of the world

è

GM says: He is an excellent skater, very nimble in tight quarters with superior vision. Has been the best player at the U18 for Sweden. A playmaker first but he has shown flashes of a sniper instinct when he has chances in front of goal. Needs to be more implicated physically.
ihy.gif

Another first round talent gone

You still have another pick to do!

MarkovtoSubban

Mar 11, 2009
Toronto
With pick #57 the Detroit Red Wings select G Pyotr Kochetkov
20_kochetkov,_pyotr_(7)_ep_rus_2018-11-21.jpg

GM says: We need a goalie in our pipeline and he is the best available in our opinion. Has the size and technical ability we are looking for and we liked the way he battled at the WJC with Russia.

Reactions: L4br3cqu3

Andrei79

Jan 25, 2013

Damn it. He was my target for the 3rd. I didn't see any talk about him in the draft thread and I was hoping injuries would make him fall.

MarkovtoSubban

Mar 11, 2009
Toronto
Messaged NJD to make their double picks.

Not to rub it in but having back to back picks late second is very satisfying!
:wings:wings:wings
The Yzerman draft so far:
(6)-LW Vasili Podkolzin
(37)-LW Nick Robertson
(56)-RW Simon Holmstrom
(57)-G Pyotr Kochetkov

Mrb1p

PRICERSTOPDAPUCK
Dec 10, 2011
Citizen of the world
Messaged NJD to make their double picks.

Not to rub it in but having back to back picks late second is very satisfying!
:wings:wings:wings
The Yzerman draft so far:
(6)-LW Vasili Podkolzin
(37)-LW Nick Robertson
(56)-RW Simon Holmstrom
(57)-G Pyotr Kochetkov
I don't like the Kochetkov pick but Holmstrom and Robertson in the 2nd is highway robbery.

ahmedou

DOU
Oct 7, 2017
The New York Rangers select, from JYP, Anttoni Honka!
Honka has shown a little stretch.

With the 51th pick, the St-Louis Blues are proud to select, from the Kelowna Rockets of the WHL, forward Nolan Foote.
''We feel he fits our forward group pretty well with his size, north-south game and hands around the net. We hope he can become a Tkatchuk type for us that will open space up for his linemates and score big goals. He has slipped a bit on the rankings but we feel he's good value at our spot''
Kelowna represents.
With the 52nd pick Carolina selects from the USA-U18 Centre John Beecher
Finally Beecher got choosen...

Idem for Kolyachonok got finally choosen...

Not really happy with the last two picks... Those were exactly the guys I wanted to pick in that order.
Round 2: #54
With the 54th pick of the 2019 draft the Florida Panthers are proud to select from London of the OHL
C, Matvey Gustov: 6’1”, 171lbs
Highly skilled centre who already is playing his first North American season with The Knights this season. Displays a high skill level in all areas, and is ultra-effective playing at a high speed pace. Dynamic as a scorer and playmaker, he plays a 200 foot game and exhibits a level of hockey IQ and maturity. London strong line-up has him relegated in his initial North American season, but will eventually settle in to his centre position. He has an excellent shot but at this juncture looks like a perimeter player, doesn’t play the game in the high traffic greasy areas. Has a physical tools and a frame that will allow him to add muscle.
A nice gamble...
The Toronto Maple Leafs are proud to select,
from the Moncton Wild Cats, defenseman Jordan Spence.
A bright future for Spence.

Shown many things with Team Sweden.

With pick #57 the Detroit Red Wings select G Pyotr Kochetkov

GM says: We need a goalie in our pipeline and he is the best available in our opinion. Has the size and technical ability we are looking for and we liked the way he battled at the WJC with Russia.
At all, I haven't kinda supervised the goalies. So I'm relying to you.

OriginalCanadian

May 13, 2015
The Hammer
With the 60th selection, Washington selects Shane Pinto from the Tri-City Storm of the USHL.

Shane-Pinto-Prospects-A-0319.jpg

Pinto is a big bodied power forward who plays the game right. He wins board battles and can protect the puck using his large frame. He led all rookies in scoring this year in the USHL and put up eight points in three games during the playoffs. This kid has potential and should develop well at UND next season.

Draft so far
1st(29th): Brayden Tracey LW 6'0" 177lbs, Moos Jaw, WHL
2nd(60th): Shane Pinto C 6'2" 192lbs Tri-City Storm, USHL

PMing @Hope Of Glory

OB5

May 2, 2015
Next pick locked and loaded at 62. Hope he doesn't get snagged.

ahmedou

DOU
Oct 7, 2017
Im at work - again.. So don't have much time so not my usual layout.

New Jersey selects Jusso Parssinen and Matias Maccelli.
I've work to do. Neither Parssinen and Maccelli I've infos on them...

With the 60th selection, Washington selects Shane Pinto from the Tri-City Storm of the USHL.

Pinto is a big bodied power forward who plays the game right. He wins board battles and can protect the puck using his large frame. He led all rookies in scoring this year in the USHL and put up eight points in three games during the playoffs. This kid has potential and should develop well at UND next season.
When players like Pinto get recognized it's encouraging...

Reactions: OriginalCanadian

dackelljuneaubulis02

Oct 13, 2012
The :habs are proud to select with pick #50 , Samuel Fagemo (LW/RW).

The undrafted overager had a lot to prove after being surprisingly passed over during 2018 nhl draft.

bb_sfagemo_2018-10-22.jpeg

After scoring ten goals and adding four assists in eight games with Frölunda’s U20 team, he was promoted to the SHL. Samuel Fagemo didn’t disappoint.

Finishing sixth in team scoring for the Indians with 25 points in 42 games played, Fagemo averaged just under 14 minutes of ice per game and put 109 shots on net.

Fagemo’s calling card is his shot and offensive instincts, but in watching him play you notice positives about his decision-making (especially in traffic), and his ability to get to pucks first.

“I see this as my revenge after not being chosen in the draft last summer"

who were your first two picks?

Ad

Upcoming events

• Gold Coast Suns @ Brisbane Lions
    Gold Coast Suns @ Brisbane Lions
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $36,790.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Cagliari vs Lecce
    Cagliari vs Lecce