Official 2019-20 Coyotes Roster Discussion #2

Status
Not open for further replies.

cobra427

May 6, 2012
I think Hino sits, but we could see Crouse/Fischer in and out as well. Once we have an injury, they will stay in, not sure Hayton gets time now unless we have 2 injured forwards.

saska sault

Jun 5, 2010
Sault Ste. Marie
Isn't the the CHL trade deadline before the end of the WJC? Soo won't get full value if they trade Hayton because the counterparty won't know if Hayton is being assigned or not.

Deadline is after, they have a freeze on trades during world juniors and holiday season. As for the other poster who mentioned hate towards Chayka. If thats for OHL fans, don't listen to the stupid ones. Actual Soo fans want Hayton to do well, regardless of where he is. I would love for him to be returned and stay in the Soo, always have a soft spot for players who get an entire junior career or professional career with one franchise... But he likely is a trade asset. And possibly the biggest in all of junior hockey, so of course there is a little bit of hope he gets sent back and we can restock our draft picks for a future run. Either way, I think everyone can agree they hope to see Hayton have some big plays on the national stage coming up. Nothing bigger in Canada than WJC's.

Reactions: PuckLife

Petes

Jun 23, 2014
Isn't the the CHL trade deadline before the end of the WJC? Soo won't get full value if they trade Hayton because the counterparty won't know if Hayton is being assigned or not.

OHL deadline is January 9th

rt

The Kinder, Gentler Version
May 13, 2004
A Rockwellian Pleasantville
Deadline is after, they have a freeze on trades during world juniors and holiday season. As for the other poster who mentioned hate towards Chayka. If thats for OHL fans, don't listen to the stupid ones. Actual Soo fans want Hayton to do well, regardless of where he is. I would love for him to be returned and stay in the Soo, always have a soft spot for players who get an entire junior career or professional career with one franchise... But he likely is a trade asset. And possibly the biggest in all of junior hockey, so of course there is a little bit of hope he gets sent back and we can restock our draft picks for a future run. Either way, I think everyone can agree they hope to see Hayton have some big plays on the national stage coming up. Nothing bigger in Canada than WJC's.
At this point I’d like him to sent down if there are no Coyotes forwards injured by the first week of January.

Jamieh

Apr 25, 2012
At this point I’d like him to sent down if there are no Coyotes forwards injured by the first week of January.
It's probably best that they just send him down anyway. Let him play and play lots rather than wait around for an injury to get game time. Hopefully he gets traded and gets a good playoff run as well.

IPreferPi

A Nonny Mouse
Jun 22, 2012
Phoenix, AZ
Maybe there is more in the works where Stepan + other stuff lands us another high end winger and we put Hayton as 3c.

We now have Hall, Keller, Schmaltz, Kessel, Garland, Crouse, Hinostroza, Fischer, and Grabner - I think we're pretty set at wing, especially in terms of skilled offensive wingers. We're weaker down the middle, but we don't really have the trade ammo now to find an true upgrade at C

Reactions: cobra427

cobra427

May 6, 2012
We now have Hall, Keller, Schmaltz, Kessel, Garland, Crouse, Hinostroza, Fischer, and Grabner - I think we're pretty set at wing, especially in terms of skilled offensive wingers. We're weaker down the middle, but we don't really have the trade ammo now to find an true upgrade at C
Agreed, and I know Stepan/Richardson get smashed for their lack of production, but they are both solid on D and we know they are both capable of chipping in goals and points. i think the effect of Hall and Kessel if he gets going will be more scoring from the second tier as the focus changes to Kessel/Keller/Hall for the other teams on D. Trickle down effect and lesser matchups for others now (I hope).

_Del_

Jul 4, 2003
Maybe a guy like Fish or Vinny for McCabe and a pick.

Find somebody buried, that is still a useful piece for D depth. Trade from strength to address a weakness. I'm not set on McCabe, just something similar.

Reactions: Ghostface Keller

Prarievarg

On the hype lokomotiv
Oct 27, 2016
Stockholm / Linköping
Maybe a guy like Fish or Vinny for McCabe and a pick.

Find somebody buried, that is still a useful piece for D depth. Trade from strength to address a weakness. I'm not set on McCabe, just something similar.
I like McCabe. I'd do Fisch for him. Although, I think it's more likely Hinostroza is the one Chayka is shopping.

XX

Waiting for Ishbia
Dec 10, 2002
PHX
I like McCabe. I'd do Fisch for him. Although, I think it's more likely Hinostroza is the one Chayka is shopping.

Hinostroza punches above his cap and is an RFA. No reason to be shopping him. Same with Fischer.

Given how tight the money is, this team is likely set for this year. Some major choices will be made in the summer, even if Hall walks.

I could at most see sending Ness down and acquiring someone like Pateryn for a pick.

Prarievarg

On the hype lokomotiv
Oct 27, 2016
Stockholm / Linköping
Hinostroza punches above his cap and is an RFA. No reason to be shopping him. Same with Fischer.

Given how tight the money is, this team is likely set for this year. Some major choices will be made in the summer, even if Hall walks.

I could at most see sending Ness down and acquiring someone like Pateryn for a pick.
You're probably right, and I hope you are. I just see Hinostroza as more of what we already have and therefore more likely he's a piece we could afford to part ways with to tweak our composition/upgrade another area.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad