Official 2019-20 Coyotes Roster Discussion #2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Heldig

Apr 12, 2002
BC
Anyone got ideas of what the lineup looks like now?

Time to also trade for a #3/4 RHD or just wait it out until Hammer and Demers are back?

Vinny Boombatz

formerly ctwin22
Mar 21, 2008
Chandler, AZ
I actually have no clue what they're going to be...the real question is who sits between Fischer & Hinostroza?

They've got to send Hayton back now...can't imagine bringing him back now to sit in the pressbox even more.

rt

The Kinder, Gentler Version
May 13, 2004
A Rockwellian Pleasantville
People say Keller can’t repeat his rookie performance because the Coyotes have no offensive talent for him to play with.

People say Schmaltz’s early post-trade numbers were a fluke and couldn’t be sustained. Just no talent around him to play with.

People say Kessel’s numbers would/did fall off a cliff in Arizona because he’s got no offensive talent around him.

People now saying Hall’s numbers will suffer and he won’t want to re-sign. Just no offensive talent in Arizona, you see

Then they ask why Chayka would bother. They asked the same when traded for Kessel. They ask what’s the point? Not enough talent down there.

The Feckless Puck

Registered Loser
Sponsor
Oct 26, 2006
Something's gotta give. We're $175K over the cap limit according to CapFriendly, so either we've got another move coming or Hjalmarsson's going on retroactive LTIR.

Gwyddbwyll

Dec 24, 2002
If he goes back to juniors, what are the rules now? They cant call him up again until the Soo season is over? (ie/ playoffs?). Also does that place his NHL salary on hold?

saska sault

Jun 5, 2010
Sault Ste. Marie
If he goes back to juniors, what are the rules now? They cant call him up again until the Soo season is over? (ie/ playoffs?). Also does that place his NHL salary on hold?

He can't be called up against unless for emergency situations during the regular season. As for playoffs... That I am not sure.

rt

The Kinder, Gentler Version
May 13, 2004
A Rockwellian Pleasantville
I'm pretty sure Soo fans really only want him back so that they can trade him ASAP and get some assets rather than lose him for nothing. I think a lot of the hate for Chayka out there is angst that they can't trade him and get some assets.

Gwyddbwyll

Dec 24, 2002
Makes sense - not many are left from his old teams. Frost, Howdeshall, Holloway, Villalta, Sambrook, all gone..

lanky

Feeling Spicy
Jun 23, 2007
Winnipeg
Isn't the the CHL trade deadline before the end of the WJC? Soo won't get full value if they trade Hayton because the counterparty won't know if Hayton is being assigned or not.

Gwyddbwyll

Dec 24, 2002
Soo won't get full value if they trade Hayton because the counterparty won't know if Hayton is being assigned or not.

Cant you just get around that with making the deal conditional? Easily done with futures. I guess it makes current roster players off-limits.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• USA vs Sweden
    USA vs Sweden
    Wagers: 4
    Staked: $1,217.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Finland vs Czechia
    Finland vs Czechia