GDT: [Official] 2017 WJC Thread

Tkachuk Norris

Jun 22, 2012
I suppose he could. I see more Paul Byron personally. They are definitely comparable. I mostly responded the way I did because he dropped the, AINEC.

Honestly I don't see the Paul Byron comparable for Mangiapane. To me Dube is more a Paul Byron type. Speedy. Gritty. Undersized. Mangiapane has a lot more raw offensive ability even though he's more of a boom bust guy IMO.

Johnny Hoxville

The Return of a Legend
Jul 15, 2006
Calgary
Honestly I don't see the Paul Byron comparable for Mangiapane. To me Dube is more a Paul Byron type. Speedy. Gritty. Undersized. Mangiapane has a lot more raw offensive ability even though he's more of a boom bust guy IMO.

Mangiapagne is pretty fiesty though for his size. And honestly, Byron was a great scorer in Jr as well.

OvermanKingGainer

#BennettFreed #CurseofTheSpulll #FreeOliver
Feb 3, 2015
2022 Cup to Calgary
I can't see any of our prospects developing the kind of gamebreaking acceleration Byron has. I mean Byron is probably top 5 NHler in that regard.

What Mangiapane has however is an elite shot. Probably trailing only to Monahan and Giordano in our system in terms of power/accuracy/release.

Dack

Jun 16, 2014
I think the most similar prospect to Byron that I've seen is probably Will Bitten. His highlights are 90% breakaways.

Mr Snrub

I like the way Snrub thinks!
Oct 12, 2016
I can't see any of our prospects developing the kind of gamebreaking acceleration Byron has. I mean Byron is probably top 5 NHler in that regard.

What Mangiapane has however is an elite shot. Probably trailing only to Monahan and Giordano in our system in terms of power/accuracy/release.

God dammit

Volica

Papa Shango
May 15, 2012
There are human beings that never existed who can now walk and likely say a word or two since Byron left this team. He's simply the gift that won't go away on our forum :laugh:

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012
I used to like Byron, but the stupidity around here regarding him has really made me turn on him. **** that smurf.

JimboA

Dec 9, 2012
Sweden
Expecting huge tournament for Kylington.

Looks like he will quarterback PP1 with Nylander, Asplund, Dahlén and Eriksson-Ek.

P1010037.jpg

PP-2.jpg

Tkachuk Norris

Jun 22, 2012
Sweden is going to win IMO. That defense is just so stacked. Plus most of their guys have experience playing at a higher level and I really think that's hurt Canada in the past as our players have to adjust to the quicker pace more so than Euros or College guys

Elias Pettersen has apparently looked amazing too. He'll be shooting up the standings like I said. Too much skill not to go top 3. Even if he's a stick-man

Last edited:

tyflames

Jul 4, 2010
I haven't really looked into it but I seen debrincat got cut? The guy has 30-30 in 28 games this season. Is there something I missed?

BigRangy

Get well soon oliver
Mar 17, 2015
Didn't he ay for Belarus last year?

No he turned down the invite so that he could play for Russia internationally. This tournament will make him a Russian player for the IIHF. If he would have played for Belarus last year, he would play for them for the rest of his international career.

It seems to have paid off, at least for now.

Tkachuk Norris

Jun 22, 2012
Dube with a goal

Edit: another great shift. Him and Cirelli have great chemistry. Pretty sure it was Cirelli that scored the Mem cup winner for Oshawa.

Last edited:

YourAverageFan*

Jan 19, 2016
Dube has been spectacular in his games so far. Goal tonight and just had a dominant shift where he hit the post. Hopefully he's just as effective when the tournament starts.

Real excited about him as a prospect.

L13

Oct 1, 2015
Hischier is in beast mode.

He wants that 1OA position bad :sarcasm:

Fox has at least one assist for the US against the Czechs, by the way. I only saw some highlights, but nice to see he keeps racking them up.

But for real, Hischier is so good.

Volica

Papa Shango
May 15, 2012
Sweden starts here pretty quick.
Pretty excited, this tournament is taking me back to my university days, where I'd just enjoy this tournament.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad