Official 2017 Stars Tank Watch

LT

Global Moderator
Jul 23, 2010
Necas sounds appealing to me.

Honestly, I'd be fine with a top ten pick. This draft seems to have a big grouping of players in the top ten to fifteen slots, any of whom I'd be happy to acquire.

masinaLFC

Apr 2, 2014
Banska Bystrica, SVK
I was there too at the game against SJS, and it was fun to watch.

I am also hoping for some draft lottery magic too haha.

What we don't want is to be picking in the double digits in the 1st Round...just hoping for a faller. We know that movie all too well.

I do think this draft is deeper than originally thought, but we don't want to push our luck.

Nolan
Hischier
Tippett
Glass
Mittlestadt
Tolvanen
Suzuki
Necas

I would pick Petterson ahead of 6 guys from that list

OttMorrow

Sep 18, 2003
I would pick Petterson ahead of 6 guys from that list

This list was in no particular order and meant to show that the draft wasn't awful. I didn't leave off Petterson as a slight to him as a prospect.

I haven't done much research on Petterson, haven't seen a shift-by-shift or a game of his.

What's the scoop on him?

masinaLFC

Apr 2, 2014
Banska Bystrica, SVK
This list was in no particular order and meant to show that the draft wasn't awful. I didn't leave off Petterson as a slight to him as a prospect.

I haven't done much research on Petterson, haven't seen a shift-by-shift or a game of his.

What's the scoop on him?

Great skater, quick hands, the best hockey IQ in this draft and I think he could become the best player from this draft... he just needs to add strength because he is 6,2 and 161lbs...

I've have never seen such a weird draft to be honest... Patrick still number one on most lists, but I don't know what to think about his injuries and sometimes lackluster performances. I think Hischier's ceiling is higher than Patrick's and I hope he is just tired right now, because he was amazing the 3/4s of the season. Then I have Pettersson, Vilardi, Liljegren and Mittelstadt in my top 6.

There is many ifs this year and no surefire top players, but it is gonna be great fun to watch as there could be such a different scouts rankings on the draftday

WhoahNow

WhatsApp lead the way
Sep 7, 2011
I dont like the look of the next 3 games: ARI, NSH, and COL all at home

FirstRowUpperDeck

May 20, 2014
Arlington, TX
Looks like DET and VAN could possibly pass us up in the standings, dropping us from 6/7 (with LV) to as low as 4. But, we could also pass Buffalo, and be drafting 7/8.

Time will tell, but I wish we had finished the season with a 17 game road trip.....

MBTendy

May 6, 2009
Well Wings won. Let's hope they can pull off another victory against a depleted Sens team, and the Yotes can build off their last win tomorrow.

OttMorrow

Sep 18, 2003
The Wings won last night and passed us in the standings. Good news.

For those of you trying to figure out where our draft seed will be come season end. The math allows for quite a range still:

Clinched Draft Seed Range: 4th-11th including LV
Current Draft Seed: 6th including LV

OttMorrow

Sep 18, 2003
Necas sounds appealing to me.

Honestly, I'd be fine with a top ten pick. This draft seems to have a big grouping of players in the top ten to fifteen slots, any of whom I'd be happy to acquire.

Necas is one of the guys I'd be happy to get. I've only watched one game of his, but he looked sharp against pros.

Yes, this draft looks to be ok wherever we pick in the LIKELY 8th-11th range.

I have a feeling I'm going to be wanting one of Tolvanen, Necas, or Suzuki when our pick is up...The ones most likely to still be there for us and high up on my list...and I probably won't get any of them haha.

The odds of an out-of-left-field pick are high in a draft year like this one at the range we will be picking.

Last edited:

OttMorrow

Sep 18, 2003
After last night's action...

Current Draft Seed: 8th including LV

Clinched Draft Seed Range: 6th-9th including LV
Likely Draft Pick: 9th-12th

We're in Oleksiak range now. haha
I called this mediocre draft position...and I hate being correct, right now.:rant:

Magic Mittens

Nov 2, 2006
Calgary
Buffalo at least won, and Buffalo and Florida play each other. Good chance Buffalo finishes ahead of us. With some luck we lose both games left and the Wings pass us

Come on Nashville!

Ghost of Kyiv

Wanted Dead and Alive
Feb 1, 2015
Schrödinger's Box
ROW is the tiebreaker for draft odds too right?

So even with a win, Detroit can't catch us in the standings. Likewise, we'd need Florida to pick up at least a point today while Buffalo has to win their game outright.

So, currently in 9th position. Could finish as high as 7th depending on Buffalo and Florida?

Magic Mittens

Nov 2, 2006
Calgary
If we Florida loses in regulation we will have the same record, and I believe head to head we both won a game. The next tie breaker is goal differential and Florida beats us there. So if my memory is right we should finish behind Florida no matter what. Only Buffalo can pass us today then

Morry83

14-90-91
Mar 16, 2013
According to Tankathon, ties are broken by ROW. Stars have 33, Florida has 29.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad