Official 2017 Stars Tank Watch

Magic Mittens

Nov 2, 2006
Calgary
3 out of a possible 6 points between VAN, CAR, and NJ were obtained last night, and Carolina's win resulted is us improving our draft seed. That's the good news.

The bad news is that NJ somehow lost to COL, and cannot buy a win right now...they are blowing us out of the water in the tank department.

Current Draft Seed: 6th, including LV

I guess that settles the debate between Taylor and Tyler. Taylor is the Lord tank commander

OttMorrow

Sep 18, 2003
We had another stroke of luck last night with DET beating CHI in upset fashion.

This brings us into DET's "leapfrog range" as they have a game in hand on us.

Nothing...NOTHING do I want more than to have an earlier draft pick than the Wings. They've been better at beating us for years when it mattered, and now, at the very least, I want to be better at getting an earlier draft pick than them.

Current Draft Seed: 6th including LV

OttMorrow

Sep 18, 2003
Last night CAR picks up the OTL.

The Devils have now lost to COL and ARI in the same week. 6 losses in a row. 0-8-2 in their last ten games. We need to pay their players to win games.

Tonight is key...we have the possibility of improving our Draft Seed if the Wings can get points out of NYR. We have the frightening possibility of wrecking our Draft Seed with a win. Could be as bad as the 9th Draft Seed when we check in the morning. MUST LOSE...lose it in regulation, Dallas.

OttMorrow

Sep 18, 2003
The good news is that we lost in regulation, and that I have been proven 100% wrong on Elie's offensive abilty. It's time to ink him to a 10-year contract...so much offensive ability. Who needs to fight or hit when you are practically a point-per-game player? There's only been 2 NHL games in his career in which he hasn't scored a point. :sarcasm:

We staved off draft seed disaster...for now. Must keep losing. This is the final stretch.

The bad news is that those Wings dropped another.

Last edited:

FirstRowUpperDeck

May 20, 2014
Arlington, TX
Heika called us an embarrassment. I agree. Seems like there can't be 5 teams worse than the Stars are right now.

No big news, but as I renewed my tickets at AAC today, but inside chatter was not so secret plan is to replace coaches and goalies for next year.

Given there has been no noticeable improvement in the young D men in what was supposed to be a learning year, I can see the first. The second is self evident.

OttMorrow

Sep 18, 2003
CAR won last night, VAN picked up a loser point, and ARI beat the Avs...decent night for the tank.

The pack is starting to separate a bit in the standings, relatively speaking to a little while back, and that's good for us. Less jumpiness in the standings for us.

Tonight we cannot improve upon our draft seed, but we can limit our upward mobility, and with a little luck from our friend's gain even more breathing room to prevent a sudden bump up the standings in the final hours of the season. Key.

Tonight's Tank Games

DAL vs. EDM...let's lose in regulation to music's newest wave.

NJD vs. WPG...Devils in OT would be my dream, but i'd settle for a Devils win after losing 6 straight and picking up no wins in their last 10.

CAR vs. NYI...let's have a repeat of last night's 8-4 performance. Go Canes.

ARI vs. LA...King's please.

OttMorrow

Sep 18, 2003
The tank is alive and well with 3 BIG regulation losses in a row!

Tonight's Tank Game:

DET vs. COL...Detroit, if you lose this one...just win. If they win or lose in OT, they jump past us and improve our draft seeding.

Also of note, ARI has won 3 straight while we have lost 3 straigt, so we are now only 4 points ahead of ARI with the same number of games played...meaning we COULD get the #2 Draft Seed!

Last edited:

OttMorrow

Sep 18, 2003
Thanks for coming out Detroit...

Colorado couldn't help us out and lose to either NJ or DET this week! Haha. Who would have guessed that the worst team in the league couldn't just do what they are far and away the best in the league at doing...losing haha. We need a little luck here.

OttMorrow

Sep 18, 2003
The Devils won a game! :amazed:

This means that if we lose in regulation, we improve our draft seed tonight.:nod:

We can move back into the 3rd Draft Seed if the Wings beat the Yotes, along with our loss too.

marty182

Jul 19, 2013
Did you know that James Patrick is Nolan Patrick's unkle? We gonna win graft lottery!

OttMorrow

Sep 18, 2003
Last night was a Tanker's dream...

DET, NJ, ARI, WPG, and VAN all picked up wins.Detroit, with their win over MTL, passed us up in the standings :handclap:

Now it's up to us to find some consistency in our losing game. At 5-5-0 in our last 10, we are treading water in the standings. We are in the final stretch! Lose them all.

OttMorrow

Sep 18, 2003
Stars' hopes of a top-5 pick dwindling...

Too many wins. This is not the time for point streaks, but it's us, so it's to be expected.

Kiorei

Jan 22, 2014
Denton, Texas
Yeah, same. I am hoping we get some draft lottery magic like Winnipeg last year.

I will say I got good seats to the Stars-Sharks game from family friend and it was nice watching the team destroy them.

OttMorrow

Sep 18, 2003
Yeah, same. I am hoping we get some draft lottery magic like Winnipeg last year.

I will say I got good seats to the Stars-Sharks game from family friend and it was nice watching the team destroy them.

I was there too at the game against SJS, and it was fun to watch.

I am also hoping for some draft lottery magic too haha.

What we don't want is to be picking in the double digits in the 1st Round...just hoping for a faller. We know that movie all too well.

I do think this draft is deeper than originally thought, but we don't want to push our luck.

Nolan
Hischier
Tippett
Glass
Mittlestadt
Tolvanen
Suzuki
Necas

FirstRowUpperDeck

May 20, 2014
Arlington, TX
I think the knock on this draft is there is no Crosby, Matthews, McDavid, so less generational talent at the top pick. Not sure the rest of the class is considered all that bad.

Would be a bad year, in theory, to get the magic lottery wand and have the top pick, but I suppose we would get a good player, just not a player who will turn around the entire franchise.

At least it looks like EDM is out, so they can't win the lottery.....

Magic Mittens

Nov 2, 2006
Calgary
Getting Patrick would be perfect. Would give us a good 2C behind Seguin for years. He may not be a top line C, but should at least be an above average 2C

OttMorrow

Sep 18, 2003
Getting Patrick would be perfect. Would give us a good 2C behind Seguin for years. He may not be a top line C, but should at least be an above average 2C

I agree. Patrick or Hischier would be perfect.

I think that either would push Seguin from a competitive standpoint. Which would be great for Seguin, and great for the team.

Fakes, Dickinson and Shore are good, but they're not good enough to give Seguin any competition.

Last edited:

Satan

MIGHTY
Apr 13, 2010
Lapland
Be real, there's maybe 10 players in the league that would compete for Seguin's position on this team.

OttMorrow

Sep 18, 2003
Be real, there's maybe 10 players in the league that would compete for Seguin's position on this team.

Give or take, yeah. Agreed.

Seguin is easily our most talented forward. I think he should be putting up closer to 95-100 pts/season. If he had someone pushing him on the depth chart, I think you might get 10-20% more out of him. To me Seguin is the type of player who has gotten by on raw talent his whole life, but never gave 100%. He's got more in the tank, and I'd love to see him take it to that next level.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad