Official 2016 World Hockey Championships Thread

Curufinwe

Feb 28, 2013
The Sweden Swiss game is on FIOS on channel 597.

It's a channel I didn't know I had till a week ago. Must be part of the sports package.

kudymen

Hakstok was a fascist clique hiver lickballs.gif
Jun 18, 2011
Atlanta (Decatur)
Canadian depth drives me nuts. Its "just" IIHF World Championships ("just" since I believe its held to a lesser standard by NA audience) and Ryan O'Rilley still has to be a 4th line center.

Curufinwe

Feb 28, 2013
I think he was higher in their lineup last year. I remember seeing him on Giroux's LW quite a bit.

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
Watching USA Czech now. 1-1 after 2. Matthews with the lone goal.

USA Hockey REALLY needs to go back to the Blue that is actually in the ****ing flag. I hate this dark Navy/almost black they use in their jerseys.

tade

Mar 6, 2013
Brno, Czech Republic
Matthews is monster, basically won the game for USA, Kinkaid was very good, too. Too bad for Czechs. :( We didn't deserve to win today even though we were a bit better team.

Canada-US semifinal, possible now.

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
Matthews is monster, basically won the game for USA, Kinkaid was very good, too. Too bad for Czechs. :( We didn't deserve to win today even though we were a bit better team.

Canada-US semifinal, possible now.

Matthews is a man amongst boys in most games i've seen him.

I feel like he doesn't get ENOUGH hype to be honest.

bennysflyers16

Jan 26, 2004
Matthews is a man amongst boys in most games i've seen him.

I feel like he doesn't get ENOUGH hype to be honest.

Have watched almost all the games between Matthews and Laine, and imo, it isn't even close.

Matthews is miles ahead for overall game and I think he is closer to McDavid then he is Laine.

LegionOfDoom91

Jan 25, 2013
Philadelphia, PA
I'm just glad USA Hockey didn't invite the Tim Stapleton's, Steve Moses', etc. of the world this year. Guys who aren't NHLers & for good reason. I much rather bring guys who are NHLers even if it's in lesser roles or college kids who are talented but green over them. The fact that their roster is mostly comprised of NHLers or soon to be NHLers is an advantage that they still have over most other countries in this tournament regardless of how bad their roster may appear to be.

flyershockey

Oct 10, 2006
Have watched almost all the games between Matthews and Laine, and imo, it isn't even close.

Matthews is miles ahead for overall game and I think he is closer to McDavid then he is Laine.

The WJC effect. That and next to no one was watching Matthews this year

LegionOfDoom91

Jan 25, 2013
Philadelphia, PA
Matthews spent pretty much his entire pre-draft year as the uncontested #1 prospect for this draft & the year before that as a potential player to go #1 (granted he's a late birthday so he has that extra year of development at a higher level over most). The overexposure of being in the spotlight for so long sometimes starts to work against you with some.

With that said Laine really had a great draft year & made this closer than what was probably expected heading into the year. He was a really talented player on a big frame but the question coming into the year was how much can he improve his skating to get the most out of that. He made big leaps there.

Last edited:

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014

Thats how I feel and I love Laine.

Matthews makes something happen every shift it seems.

I think hes somewhere inbetween McDavid and Eichel.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad