Official 2016 World Hockey Championships Thread

Coffe

Sponsor
Nov 17, 2010
Stockholm
Damn time difference got me. I thought Russia's game would start at 12 Swedish time but it was 11. Missed the first and of course 6 goals is scored...

Hiesenberg

Jul 2, 2013
I'm so dumb...somebody on Twitter was saying that today was Connors first points for Canada and I thought they were referring to Kyle Connor. Since when do we refer to players with there first name like we are buddies?

tade

Mar 6, 2013
Brno, Czech Republic
I really don't have that strong of feelings. Its not a big deal. Let the players play. It's not that long and honestly, it'll get them into game shape/conditions quicker then fake ass preseason games.

This edition of World Cup is more 'fake ass' than NHL pre-season games.

Curufinwe

Feb 28, 2013
I forgot he had already been named.

http://www.sportsnet.ca/hockey/nhl/team-north-america-shaping-up-as-must-see-world-cup-team/

teamNA.jpg

Curufinwe

Feb 28, 2013
Parayko seems like a lock at this point. Ghost-Paryko would be an great pairing for OZ draws.

If Trouba is really gonna hold out all the way to the start of the season that'll keep him off the team.

Hiesenberg

Jul 2, 2013
Parayko seems like a lock at this point.

If Trouba is really gonna hold out all the way to the start of the season that'll keep him off the team.

Probably. But not putting on a Calder candidate would be odd as hell. Ghost should be more of a lock them Parayko

kudymen

Hakstok was a fascist clique hiver lickballs.gif
Jun 18, 2011
Atlanta (Decatur)
I think so. People were saying Laine was a lock for the Finns already.

He is. I guess it can go either way in regards to him being there. You'd have to imagine though the league will want him there for marketing purposes.

Thanks guys.

I am still wondering about the dynamics of that roster. What I mean by that - it is just a bit difficult (for me!) to imagine that a roster full of teenagers/early 20yr olds would work smoothly (probably everyone on that roster must be thinking about something like "my [NHL] team is looking up to me, I am THE person for their future. ME" - it crossed my mind especially due to Matthews/Laine and their TML/Jets future (and how their tires are pumped already) )

Unless the ME-first goes away because they all want to kick those old guys butts obviously... :)

Hiesenberg

Jul 2, 2013
Thanks guys.

I am still wondering about the dynamics of that roster. What I mean by that - it is just a bit difficult (for me!) to imagine that a roster full of teenagers/early 20yr olds would work smoothly (probably everyone on that roster must be thinking about something like "my [NHL] team is looking up to me, I am THE person for their future. ME" - it crossed my mind especially due to Matthews/Laine and their TML/Jets future (and how their tires are pumped already) )

Unless the ME-first goes away because they all want to kick those old guys butts obviously... :)

That team has like 5 super high end guys.

tade

Mar 6, 2013
Brno, Czech Republic
Christian Marti and Switzerland will face Russia in about 35 minutes. Marti will play in his 2nd game for Switzerland. He played 6:30, had 1 SOG and was +1 in 5-4 win against Latvia.

Russia with Ovechkin, Kuznetsov, Orlov, Datsyuk, Panarin, Mozyakin in the line-up.

Russia destroyed Denmark 10-1 a couple days ago.

It'll be interesting test for Switzerland, for sure.

FLYguy3911

Sanheim Lover
Oct 19, 2006
I give Ovechkin credit. He never misses a chance to represent his country. And he's had plenty of chances. :laugh:

Tripod

I hate this team
Aug 12, 2008
Nova Scotia
Christian Marti and Switzerland will face Russia in about 35 minutes. Marti will play in his 2nd game for Switzerland. He played 6:30, had 1 SOG and was +1 in 5-4 win against Latvia.

Russia with Ovechkin, Kuznetsov, Orlov, Datsyuk, Panarin, Mozyakin in the line-up.

Russia destroyed Denmark 10-1 a couple days ago.

It'll be interesting test for Switzerland, for sure.

-3 in a 5-1 loss. Didn't go so well.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad