Official 2016 WJC Thread Part II

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Not even NHL teams shorten the bench like that in overtime.

FLYguy3911

Sanheim Lover
Oct 19, 2006
Dave's a good guy. 4v4 OT and he plays Fleury and Hickey 3 shifts. They are NO THREAT with the puck. Canada deserves what they get. Two goals in 65 minutes against Switzerland with this lineup is a joke.

Curufinwe

Feb 28, 2013
I'm glad they have a 3 point system cause Canada sure didn't deserve maximum points for that effort.

FLYERSG

Sep 27, 2014
Hockey Canada is a disgrace. They have been for years now. Sanheim easily their best d man and yet he doesn't touch the ice in OT. Although I knew he wouldnt touch the ice. That really is something else.

FLYERSG

Sep 27, 2014
Lowry is a horrendous coach. He has no idea what he is doing. It is quite obvious.

JWEKD

Apr 9, 2013
Please stop getting so upset by our prospects getting slighted in this tournament and on this board. It doesn't change a damn thing if they get 5 more minutes of ice time or if Joe Blow thinks that they're good. This one tournament and the people forming opinions from it will not worsen the players chances of being great Flyers.

Tripod

I hate this team
Aug 12, 2008
Nova Scotia
I said it in the part that got locked:

Sanheim never saw the ice again after creating those 3 scoring chances on 1 shift.

Stizzle

Feb 3, 2012
I said it in the part that got locked:

Sanheim never saw the ice again after creating those 3 scoring chances on 1 shift.

But Hickey and Fleury get mad shifts during 4 on 4 OT. Brilliant!

Dave Lowry might be the worst coach I've ever seen. I loved the O-zone draw with a couple minutes left where he sent out Dermott with... Roland Mckewon. WTF!

I really don't know what more Sanheim could have done today. He made plays time and time again. Then the 3rd period comes and he gets 2 shifts. One of which he single-handedly creates the best scoring chance of the game. :rant:

phil162888

Jul 28, 2012
Two games in a row where Sanheim is best defensemen.... yet no icetime

Absolutely f***** ridiculous. Poor Konecny as well. Gives out three vicious hits in the first two shifts he plays.He's the only Canadian showing any emotion and he gets relegated to under 10 minutes of ice time (just a guess) playing with a couple of slugs in Stephens and Quennville while the other figure skaters go on for 2-3 minute shifts. Lowry is the worst junior coach i've ever seen. The politics with him and Mcrimmon are disgusting. Quennville is a useless player and Hickets the second coming don't deserve the ice time and opportunity they've been getting on the team. Sanheim was great today absolutely great and he doesn't see the ice on a 4 on 4:laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:

FLYERSG

Sep 27, 2014
Absolutely f***** ridiculous. Poor Konecny as well. Gives out three vicious hits in the first two shifts he plays.He's the only Canadian showing any emotion and he gets relegated to under 10 minutes of ice time (just a guess) playing with a couple of slugs in Stephens and Quennville while the other figure skaters go on for 2-3 minute shifts. Lowry is the worst junior coach i've ever seen. The politics with him and Mcrimmon are disgusting. Quennville is a useless player and Hickets the second coming don't deserve the ice time and opportunity they've been getting on the team. Sanheim was great today absolutely great and he doesn't see the ice on a 4 on 4:laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:

Love it :handclap:

Tripod

I hate this team
Aug 12, 2008
Nova Scotia
Lowry is such an ***clown. What an embarrassment. Must think Hickets is the next coming of Nick Lidstrom. Barely even felt like a win.

Seriously....what coach keeps a player out there for a 3 minute shift at this level?

So a gassed, 2minute shift Hicketts is better than a rested Sanheim.

FLYguy3911

Sanheim Lover
Oct 19, 2006
Canada needs to find a way to score. If only they had a defenseman that lead the WHL in scoring the last two years sitting on their bench somewhere that would probably help them...

If that game isn't a wakeup call I don't know what is. Dave's too stubborn so you'll probably see the same guys trotted out there until they are eliminated. It's clear Lowry likes mistake-free hockey players (unless you're Hicketts). Seriously watch that Fleury-Hickey pairing if you can. They do absolutely nothing out there. They make no positive impact on the game. Can't make plays with the puck. Don't hit anyone. They get OZ faceoffs and the puck always ends up going to other way. They don't make mistakes because they never have the puck.

BTW Flyers are becoming quite the spare parts on Team Canada- Leier, Laughton, Morin, Sanheim, Konecny. Makes you wonder.

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
Please stop getting so upset by our prospects getting slighted in this tournament and on this board. It doesn't change a damn thing if they get 5 more minutes of ice time or if Joe Blow thinks that they're good. This one tournament and the people forming opinions from it will not worsen the players chances of being great Flyers.

This is where i'm at, especially since i'm not a fan of Team Canada.

Sanheim and Konecny will still be great Flyers in due time. I feel a little bad for them but at the same time I love watching terrible coaches fail.

I would be pissed if I was a fan of Team Canada though.

FLYERSG

Sep 27, 2014
Lemme put it this way. If Sanheim does not become the best d man in the NHL from this team, I will be shocked.

CanadianSniper

Nov 11, 2013
Edmonton, Alberta
Seriously....what coach keeps a player out there for a 3 minute shift at this level?

So a gassed, 2minute shift Hicketts is better than a rested Sanheim.

I kept saying this the entire game too. Like honestly, what happened to 45 second shifts? I swear to god Hickets was out there once for over two minutes for the PP and continued on the 5 on 3 PP and Sanheim didn't even get a shift the whole time, then after that the other D pairing came out for 30 seconds and I was like "okay whatever at least Sanheim is out next", but nope all of a sudden Hickets is back on the freakin ice for another minute and a half shift. That's how the entire overtime went too. I've never seen a coach play favorites this hard on any level ever.

FLYguy3911

Sanheim Lover
Oct 19, 2006
Lemme put it this way. If Sanheim does not become the best d man in the NHL from this team, I will be shocked.
Wouldn't be a big accomplishment. Outside of Chabot and maybe Fleury I don't see a top 4 guy in the NHL.

Random Leaf fan tweet of the game:

Stizzle

Feb 3, 2012
Just went and re-looked...Hicketts played 4:15 of the 5 minute OT....and there were no whistles.

Unreal. Seriously, seriously stunning.

... The game ended, I don't know, 45 minutes ago? I'm still piping mad.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad