Prospect Info: [Official] 2016 Draft Thread V.3

Status
Not open for further replies.

moon*

How is it laughable when legitimate scouting lists such as ISS, McKeen's, 2 guys at NHL.com have him listed outside the top 10?

You could say it is debatable for sure but the only thing that is laughable is your assertation that your opinion matters more than people who are paid to make these lists.

Even McKenzie's list having him at 8 shows that top 10 is debatable as there are clearly NHL scouts that have him outside the top 10. Are those scouts now laughable as well?

biggbose

Oct 12, 2015
Well I've been consistently pumping that we either take Nylander or Keller, they are 7 & 8th respectively. It's laughable to talk about that Keller isn't a top 10 talent, that's almost like saying Gaudreau isn't a franchise winger.

The Flames need skill, the Flames need offence, and the Flames need speed. Yes they need size, but if you factor in Gaudreau, there's 10 other forward spots that you can address that with. Game breaking elite offensive skills are a premium in the NHL and Bobs final list shows the consensus of GM's in the NHL agree that both Nylander and Keller are in the next group behind the big 5.

The statement regarding the scouting reports on Keller was false, since it's clear that statement was now made up. But I guess I'm the one who's only watching YouTube highlights.

I think Nylander and Keller are more skilled, creative and better skaters than the other top 5 forwards. I also think them 2 and AM have the highest hockey IQ, the only reasons the other 5 are rated higher is size and a better 200 foot game but all players can improve on that. So in conclusion I want Nylander and he's not that small almost 6'1 180

Johnny Hoxville

The Return of a Legend
Jul 15, 2006
Calgary
How is it laughable when legitimate scouting lists such as ISS, McKeen's, 2 guys at NHL.com have him listed outside the top 10?

You could say it is debatable for sure but the only thing that is laughable is your assertation that your opinion matters more than people who are paid to make these lists.

Even McKenzie's list having him at 8 shows that top 10 is debatable as there are clearly NHL scouts that have him outside the top 10. Are those scouts now laughable as well?

You do know how McKenzie makes his list and who his sources are correct? The only thing laughable is the fact you don't know anything about a player other than him being considered on the smaller side, and and because of such you have formed this bias against him which is foolish.

I asked you what his flaws were and you couldn't even tell me them until a day later. You pretended the question was unclear when it was crystal clear.

My main point here is, with these final rankings it's clear that Keller is one of the top 7 forwards in this draft.

Johnny Hoxville

The Return of a Legend
Jul 15, 2006
Calgary
I think Nylander and Keller are more skilled, creative and better skaters than the other top 5 forwards. I also think them 2 and AM have the highest hockey IQ, the only reasons the other 5 are rated higher is size and a better 200 foot game but all players can improve on that. So in conclusion I want Nylander and he's not that small almost 6'1 180

I completely agree with you.

moon*

You do know how McKenzie makes his list and who his sources are correct? The only thing laughable is the fact you don't know anything about a player other than him being considered on the smaller side, and and because of such you have formed this bias against him which is foolish.

I asked you what his flaws were and you couldn't even tell me them until a day later. You pretended the question was unclear when it was crystal clear.

My main point here is, with these final rankings it's clear that Keller is one of the top 7 forwards in this draft.

What? I answered that question the next time I saw it on the board.

I don't have a bias against him at all. I said I haven't seen anything from him that indicates he should be a top 10 guy. Other scouting services and professional scouts have agreed with that assessment.

He seems to be a favorite of yours so you seem to be getting unnecessarily upset about this assessment by me.

You can keep ignoring what I post and making up things that aren't true but I don't really see the point.

If people having a difference of opinions from you, especially when it comes to prospects, is too much for you maybe message boards aren't the right place for you.

Backlund

Dec 29, 2009
Calgary, AB

Pre-Draft Rankings aren't always right. Look thru previous years and you'll see plenty of examples. I trust our scouts to make the right decision more than these lists.

moon*

Pre-Draft Rankings aren't always right. Look thru previous years and you'll see plenty of examples. I trust our scouts more than these lists.

Of course they aren't always right but they are a pretty decent base to go off of since most (if not all) fans don't have the time or resources to see these prospects enough.

Depending on the list I may go with the list over our scouts.

Johnny Hoxville

The Return of a Legend
Jul 15, 2006
Calgary
What? I answered that question the next time I saw it on the board.

I don't have a bias against him at all. I said I haven't seen anything from him that indicates he should be a top 10 guy. Other scouting services and professional scouts have agreed with that assessment.

He seems to be a favorite of yours so you seem to be getting unnecessarily upset about this assessment by me.

You can keep ignoring what I post and making up things that aren't true but I don't really see the point.

If people having a difference of opinions from you, especially when it comes to prospects, is too much for you maybe message boards aren't the right place for you.

What I was upset about was your reference to that I only watched him on YouTube. I simply explained that I showed my brother in-law some highlights of him and then you went onto to say I was claiming to know more than professional scouts based off of watching YouTube.

You initially attacked me for a describing harmless story. I do agree with you that this is pointless. We can discuss this again after Friday when hopefully Nylander or Keller are a Flame.

moon*

What I was upset about was your reference to that I only watched him on YouTube. I simply explained that I showed my brother in-law some highlights of him and then you went onto to say I was claiming to know more than professional scouts based off of watching YouTube.

You initially attacked me for a describing harmless story. I do agree with you that this is pointless. We can discuss this again after Friday when hopefully Nylander or Keller are a Flame.

Show me where I attacked you. Show me the post where I reference you watching him on you tube. Show me where I said that you were claiming to know more than professional scouts.

I talked about fans and people as I have already pointed out. Those are generalities and I did not single you out at all. I never once attacked anyone.

God I hope we don't see either of them drafted, I have faith that Treliving is smarter than that but I am worried that Nylander is the easy choice so he ends up as the guy.

Johnny Hoxville

The Return of a Legend
Jul 15, 2006
Calgary
Show me where I attacked you. Show me the post where I reference you watching him on you tube. Show me where I said that you were claiming to know more than professional scouts.

I talked about fans and people as I have already pointed out. Those are generalities and I did not single you out at all. I never once attacked anyone.

God I hope we don't see either of them drafted, I have faith that Treliving is smarter than that but I am worried that Nylander is the easy choice so he ends up as the guy.

Nah I'm good, I've already been baited into your game enough. Your generalities are a subtle way of taking a shot at me.

moon*

Nah I'm good, I've already been baited into your game enough. Your generalities are a subtle way of taking a shot at me.

No they aren't.

If I wanted to take a shot at you I would come right out and take the shot. No need for subtle anything, but again keeping making stuff up if it makes you feel better.

Ace Rimmer

Stoke me a clipper.
I'm not afraid.

xBp_9b.gif

You will be.

Schank's only sell Cuervo.

Calculon

unholy acting talent
Jan 20, 2006
Error 503

Especially sad since Benning will take him anyway and pull the shocked face when he realizes Dubois's better on the wing.

Also, McKenzie's doing a Q&A on the draft on twitter right now for anyone interested

Johnny Hoxville

The Return of a Legend
Jul 15, 2006
Calgary
Here's what Anthony Mauro, an HFB partner and runs Draftbuzz had to say.

http://hfboards.mandatory.com/showthread.php?p=119574063#post119574063

Two pure skill forwards, and it's very close. Think Nylander takes the edge on goal scoring and Keller on vision/passing. Would say Keller has been the more consistently dominant player shift to shift this year. Keller will have to fight to earn his place as he moves up to the pros, while Nylander has shown a massive engine that points to growth past draft day.

Projections I am comfortable with right now are Nylander making the AHL this upcoming season and potentially earning a call-up in 2017. Keller has all the makings to dominate NCAA right out of the gate, but will take longer to get his body up to speed.

It's tough to say who will be the better player - guess the ranking of Nylander ahead of Keller will stand as the decision. That said, both have a chance to be the 3rd best player in the draft based on high end talent.

Interesting note: Keller was #5 and Nylander #7 in our 2015 DraftBuzz NHL Draft Guide where we listed our Preliminary Top 60 for 2016.

chunkylover53

Nov 26, 2013
Want Keller is we stay at 6, could live with Nylander. Biggest fear is drafting Logan Brown because SIZE, TRUCULENCE, MEAT AND POTATOES.

JPeeper

Hail Satan!
Jan 4, 2015
I am fully FULLY on board the Nylander hype train.

Pls for the love of ****, no Brown or d-men.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad