Official 2015 Tank Thread Part VIII And Tanking GDT

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
Stewart, Mitchell, Flynn, and Neuvirth out, Johnson in. Crazy to think that anyone is ever remotely close to this collection of *ahem* talent *ahem* in the standings and yet... they are. Remarkable.

Jim Bob

RIP RJ
Feb 27, 2002
Rochester, NY
I am genuinely curious to know how, in his mind, he has associated one thing with the other.

I'm wondering who defended letting the co-caps leave as UFAs.

The closest thing was that some people felt that the Rangers and Flyers overpaid for them. But, hardly anyone was OK with what happened.

Beerz

Jun 28, 2011
I'm wondering who defended letting the co-caps leave as UFAs.

The closest thing was that some people felt that the Rangers and Flyers overpaid for them. But, hardly anyone was OK with what happened.

People defending Reiger and blaming ownership is only thing i can think of...

He's a tool.

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
Yeah, tanking would have meant dealing Drury and Briere. And they got a solid return for Campbell in Bernier (who became McNabb and a piece used for Torres) and the pick that became Ennis. McNabb turned into a piece in getting Fasching and Deslaurier so... solid building.

TehDoak

Chili that wants to be here
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Will fix everything
Moulson-Hodgson-Ennis
Larsson-Grigerenko-Gionta
Foligno-Varone-McCormick
Deslaurier-Dalpe-Ellis

Benoit-Bogo
Zadorov-Risto
Weber-Mezaros

Lindback
Johnson

5 Minute Major

Sabres Fan
Sponsor
Dec 4, 2010
Vestal, NY
I'd love to make a thread in the NHL forum asking what is the more interesting race to hockey fans....the race for 30th or the race for 8th in the east?

I don't want to put my fellow fans in harms way, so I won't!

We all know the answer.....and so does everyone else.

Sabretip

Jan 13, 2010
Phoenix, AZ
I'm perfectly happy with Arizona getting one of McEichel if Buffalo gets the other.

...just as long as Buffalo is the one with the ability to choose between the two. ;)

Meanwhile Arizona moves the leading scorer who isn't a UFA and man...no one cares.

Agreed. Plus, although they kept OEL, they still dealt their two most veteran defenseman and arguably 2 of their top 3. Critics can complain all they want about what the Sabres' tank but the Coyotes aren't appearing shy about what their intentions are. The dismantling, and timing of it, seems 100% driven towards forfeiting remander of the season and landing the draft position.

Sabretip

Jan 13, 2010
Phoenix, AZ
Moulson-Hodgson-Ennis
Larsson-Grigerenko-Gionta
Foligno-Varone-McCormick
Deslaurier-Dalpe-Ellis

Benoit-Bogo
Zadorov-Risto
Weber-Mezaros

Lindback
Johnson

I thought McCormick's injury was going to wipe out the rest of his year?

I suspect Schaller may get called up.

KennyFnPowers*

EDM looks like the dark horse in this race...

nhl-remaining-games.jpg

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad