Official 2015 Tank Thread Part VIII And Tanking GDT

Rhett4

Buffalo Selects Jack
Jul 9, 2002
Amerks #ROC
My main concern right now is Tippett. Unlike Nolan, he's entrenched in the Arizona organization, knows he isn't getting axed, and is likely much more "OK" with tanking. I'm not suggesting he would ask his guys to lose, but there's no way he's giving the gung-ho speeches that Nolan is. Right now, that Sabres lockerroom is probably full of, "It's us versus them! They think you all suck, but let's stick it to them!" Too bad sticking it to "them," means all the players signed next year won't have a franchise center.

Eichel 9

Jan 2, 2007
My main concern right now is Tippett. Unlike Nolan, he's entrenched in the Arizona organization, knows he isn't getting axed, and is likely much more "OK" with tanking. I'm not suggesting he would ask his guys to lose, but there's no way he's giving the gung-ho speeches that Nolan is. Right now, that Sabres lockerroom is probably full of, "It's us versus them! They think you all suck, but let's stick it to them!" Too bad sticking it to "them," means all the players signed next year won't have a franchise center.

I've thought about this as well, Nolan has no reason to think long term while Tippett does. Definitely a concern..but Murray has done all he can do to take it out of Nolan's hand at least.

"Craigs on it"
Apr 9, 2012
Canada
Here's how the schedules play out for the bottom 3 in March. Home games in bold.

BUF - TBL, OTT, WSH, TOR, NYR, WSH, BOS, NJD, NSH, DAL, ARI, COL, ARI

EDM - LAK, CHI, CAR, DET, PIT, CBJ, TOR, CBJ, PHI, WPG, COL, DAL, COL

ARI - ANH, VAN, MTL, NSH, CHI, NJD, LAK, COL, PIT, VAN, DET, BUF, PIT, BUF

from the coyotes board, hopefully they pick up 4-6 points on this 6 game homestand.

Team Cozens

Oct 24, 2013
Burlington
I've thought about this as well, Nolan has no reason to think long term while Tippett does. Definitely a concern..but Murray has done all he can do to take it out of Nolan's hand at least.

Unless Nolan has been under a rock, he must know what's in the best interests of
his employer over the next 19 games. Murray made that statement very clear today
with the trades. Pegula signs his pay cheque, I wouldn't wouldn't want to disappoint my boss or owner. ;)

sabres4ever

Yes, have some!
Jun 5, 2006
Virginia
Unless Nolan has been under a rock, he must know what's in the best interests of
his employer over the next 19 games. Murray made that statement very clear today
with the trades. Pegula signs his pay cheque, I wouldn't wouldn't want to disappoint my boss or owner. ;)

So much so, he rode his hot goalie like a rented mule ;)

Paxon

202* Stanley Cup Champions
Jul 13, 2003
Rochester, NY

Nolan hasn't been living under a rock, which is why he probably thinks it's more likely than not that he's not even with this team next season.

Sabre the Win

Joke of a Franchise
Jun 27, 2013
You know absolutely *bleep* all about Tippett. The guy is more anti tank then Nolan. I wouldn't be surprised if he walks after this season. Tippett wants to win no matter what, that's what he's good at and his record and history show it.

Myllz

RELEASE THE KRAKEN
Jan 16, 2006
Vegas

He's much more likely to be auditioning for another NHL gig next season at this point. I doubt he's all that worried about making sure he pleases Tim and Terry considering there's an extremely small chance of him being back in Buffalo next year.

dugman

Mar 21, 2008
He's much more likely to be auditioning for another NHL gig next season at this point. I doubt he's all that worried about making sure he pleases Tim and Terry considering there's an extremely small chance of him being back in Buffalo next year.

Of course, publicly criticizing the moves of your boss will really help when it comes to getting that next job, too. Ted is not doing much to enhance his reputation for being a team player. A better approach would be to try to win with whatever team you've got, and if you don't like what Tim's giving to you, to complain to him in private.

Moskau

Jun 30, 2004
WNY
Dave Tippet is the last guy that will tank.

And that locker room has always been us vs them. It's always been Nolan's motto. It's why he has a 1 year job span and is generally hated by his managers.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad