Official 2015 Tank Thread Part IX And Tanking GDT

Status
Not open for further replies.

Moskau

Jun 30, 2004
WNY
With Toronto out of the way, the next 6 are 'take care of business' games.

NYR WSH @BOS NJD @NSH @DAL

We 'shouldn't' have a chance in any except for maybe Jersey, and they've played us well this year.

An 0-6-0 run with 1-2 wins apiece for Ariz-monton would do wonders for the nerves.

Then it's the sprint:

ARI @COL @ARI TOR CHI @NYI CAR @CBJ PIT

A lot of important games in that set. Hopefully we don't see another team ghost-walk through a game like Toronto did last night.

This is gonna be tight...
NJD and DAL are pretty terrible.

Zip15

Jun 3, 2009
Bodymore
NJD and DAL are pretty terrible.

New Jersey is no more terrible than Philadelphia, who Edmonton has on their remaining schedule. The Oilers also have a game vs Dallas, and unlike our game against them, it's at home.

sabres4ever

Yes, have some!
Jun 5, 2006
Virginia
I think if we lose both games to AZ, it will pretty much be sewn up. Edmonton will pick up at least a couple points by then, while we'll have most likely lost this run -> NYR WSH @BOS NJD @NSH @DAL Fingers crossed.

Husko

Jun 30, 2006
Greenwich, CT
You know what I've decided worries me most? The fact that we play Arizona twice. Not because it means Arizona can gain on us. But because we play Arizona twice and no team Edmonton will play is worse than Arizona.

EichHart

Jul 3, 2011
Hamburg, NY
You know what I've decided worries me most? The fact that we play Arizona twice. Not because it means Arizona can gain on us. But because we play Arizona twice and no team Edmonton will play is worse than Arizona.

I still think the Oilers finish last. I got that feeling, it's been there all year long.

Husko

Jun 30, 2006
Greenwich, CT
Tie-Breaking procedure
If two or more clubs are tied in points during the regular season, the standing of the clubs is determined in the following order:

1) The fewer number of games played (i.e., superior points percentage).

2) The greater number of games won, excluding games won in the Shootout. This figure is reflected in the ROW column.

3) The greater number of points earned in games between the tied clubs. If two clubs are tied, and have not played an equal number of home games against each other, points earned in the first game played in the city that had the extra game shall not be included. If more than two clubs are tied, the higher percentage of available points earned in games among those clubs, and not including any "odd" games, shall be used to determine the standing.

4) The greater differential between goals for and against for the entire regular season. NOTE: In standings a victory in a shootout counts as one goal for, while a shootout loss counts as one goal against.
We lose tiebreaker 3, and that's unchangeable

EichHart

Jul 3, 2011
Hamburg, NY
If two or more clubs are tied in points during the regular season, the standing of the clubs is determined in the following order:

1. The fewer number of games played (i.e., superior points percentage).

2. The greater number of games won, excluding games won in the Shootout. This figure is reflected in the ROW column.

3. The greater number of points earned in games between the tied clubs. If two clubs are tied, and have not played an equal number of home games against each other, points earned in the first game played in the city that had the extra game shall not be included. If more than two clubs are tied, the higher percentage of available points earned in games among those clubs, and not including any "odd" games, shall be used to determine the standing.

4. The greater differential between goals for and against for the entire regular season.

NOTE: In standings a victory in a shootout counts as one goal for, while a shootout loss counts as one goal against.

Team Cozens

Oct 24, 2013
Burlington
Sabres in game 2 of back-to backs:

3-9-1

All 3 wins came in the shootout.

I hate the :rant: shootout

So that point % is 26.92%. Meaning in our 4 games on the second of back-to-backs, we can expect about 2 points

I certainly hope Arizona and the Oilers start seeing more back up goalies. We seem to get them
every night with the odd 3rd string goalie thrown in for good measure.

sjci

Feb 13, 2007
Buffalo
We have every tie breaker against the Oilers. They beat us in the head to head games, and we have a worse goal differential. Oilers are in a bit of a tail spin the last couple games, but it would be awesome to end their road trip here with a win or two. Then comes a nice home stretch where they can grab some points.

sjci

Feb 13, 2007
Buffalo
Columbus is playing tonight also, so even though both the Oil and CBJ will be playing back to backs, it would be extra awesome if they got to play against Forsberg or McElhinney instead of Bob.

Husko

Jun 30, 2006
Greenwich, CT
We have every tie breaker against the Oilers. They beat us in the head to head games, and we have a worse goal differential. Oilers are in a bit of a tail spin the last couple games, but it would be awesome to end their road trip here with a win or two. Then comes a nice home stretch where they can grab some points.

If we pass them in ROW then those other tiebreakers don't matter. And since they beat us in head-to-head goal differential doesn't matter at all.

sjci

Feb 13, 2007
Buffalo
If we pass them in ROW then those other tiebreakers don't matter. And since they beat us in head-to-head goal differential doesn't matter at all.

Right, I was just saying if we tied with the same points and same ROW, we'd still have the tiebreaker to finish 30th.

---

Goaltender Sergei Bobrovsky is expected to start both tonight and Friday, Richards said.

http://bluejacketsxtra.dispatch.com/content/blogs/puck-rakers/2015/03/a.m.-67-detroit.html

Well, hopefully he'll be tied then and let in a few more

MayDay

Oct 21, 2005
Pleasantville, NY

Right. Doesn't matter how many secondary tiebreakers we'd lose if we win the first one.

We're only 1 ROW and 3 pts behind EDM at the moment, so it's very plausible that under many scenarios in which we end up tied with EDM in points, we could be ahead of them in ROW.

MayDay

Oct 21, 2005
Pleasantville, NY
Right, I was just saying if we tied with the same points and same ROW, we'd still have the tiebreaker to finish 30th.

Could you imagine if the race for 30th place wound up being decided by a 2nd or 3rd tiebreaker? And then, as is most likely, some team outside the top two wins the lottery?

How sucky would that be for the team that "wins" (i.e. loses) the tie-breaker and gets the 29th seed?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad