Official 2015 Tank Thread Part IX And Tanking GDT

Status
Not open for further replies.

Husko

Jun 30, 2006
Greenwich, CT
actually kinda hoping they play Ennis down the middle. for "experimental purposes"

Me too. And I also hope those "experimentations" don't get extended to Hodgson, because he's a lot better at center than wing :laugh:

Moulson-Hodgson-Ennis is probably about the anti-tankiest thing that Nolan could do. Put Hodgson back with elite players, put Hodgson back at center, and keep Ennis at wing.

Ness

New Age Retro Hippie
Dec 5, 2008
Denver
Anyone down for tank avatars during the stretch run? Much like playoff avatars for playoffs.

ZeroPT*

are those the guys that made the video about the Leopold goal

mattcc97

Feb 6, 2013
Buffalo, NY
I'll be dreaming beautiful dreams tonight about the fact that matt Ellis will be a top 6 forward for the sabres tomorrow night. Tank on.

Husko

Jun 30, 2006
Greenwich, CT
Another beautiful thought I just had.

Even if Grigorenko is a call-up, you can almost guarantee he gets slotted on the 3rd or 4th line while Matt Ellis ascends the depth chart. Beautiful.

Moulson-Ennis-Gionta
Des-Ellis-Foligno
Larsson-Varone-Dalpe
Hodgson-Grigorenko-Schaller

Girogrenko's line gets 5 minutes of ice time

Savitar

AKA Jose
Jan 15, 2013
Another beautiful thought I just had.

Even if Grigorenko is a call-up, you can almost guarantee he gets slotted on the 3rd or 4th line while Matt Ellis ascends the depth chart. Beautiful.

Moulson-Ennis-Gionta
Des-Ellis-Foligno
Larsson-Varone-Dalpe
Hodgson-Grigorenko-Schaller

Girogrenko's line gets 5 minutes of ice time

If Grigorenko falls at his next chance I doubt we will see him here again

Husko

Jun 30, 2006
Greenwich, CT
If Grigorenko falls at his next chance I doubt we will see him here again

If he doesn't do well in a 10 game stint playing 10 minutes a game on a terrible team I doubt it will have any impact on his place on the team next season. He'll get his chance to prove his worth next season

La Cosa Nostra

Caporegime
Jun 25, 2009
Anyway the last 19 games unfortunately I predict the Sabres to end up with 17 out of a possible 38 points. Sabres end up with 60, Edmonton 62, Arizona 59. Arizona gets Eichel, Toronto or Carolina get McDavid and the Sabres get Hanifin.

The day of the lottery they need to alter the draft odds. The Sabres chances of winning the lottery should he changed to 0.00. Their is no possible way McDavid ends up as a Sabre. I'd bet almost anything the Sabres either get Jack Eichel or Hanifin. I put it at 80% Hanifin, 15% Eichel and 5% Marner/Strome.

Last edited by a moderator:

Eram

Jul 21, 2013
San Francisco, CA
Wanted to do some research on Arizona's goalies, some promising save percentages:

Mike Smith in February: 0.910%

Their current backup Domingue, rated 7.0C by HF over this season:
AHL: 18GP, 0.912
NHL: 3GP, 0.911
Also shutout the Bruins in 30min of action on Saturday. AZ is putting up an average of 29 shots per game over the past 6.

Lindback on the season: 0.875
Johnson on the season: 0.889

Good signs.

HOOats

NO DOOM NO GLOOM
Nov 19, 2007
City of Buffalo
So...in 5 head-to-head divisional games this year, the Coyotes have taken all 10 points against the Oilers, who earned just 1 loser point. 10 of their 47 points!

Not sure if anyone has pointed this out yet, but it's remarkable

Edit: But the bad news to the poster above is Chad Johnson had a .935 save percentage in February. I don't think he'll keep it up but numbers are numbers.

Last edited:

Karate Johnson*

Anyway the last 19 games unfortunately I predict the Sabres to end up with 17 out of a possible 38 points. Sabres end up with 60, Edmonton 62, Arizona 59. Arizona gets Eichel, Toronto or Carolina get McDavid and the Sabres get Hanifin.

The day of the lottery they need to alter the draft odds. The Sabres chances of winning the lottery should he changed to 0.00. Their is no possible way McDavid ends up as a Sabre. I'd bet almost anything the Sabres either get Jack Eichel or Hanifin. I put it at 80% Hanifin, 15% Eichel and 5% Marner/Strome.

Nothing like random percentages.... On a Tuesday.

HogtownSabresfan

Jan 13, 2010
You have to believe if we keep it to three wins over the rest, we lock it down. Zona has to win one game. right?

haseoke39

Mar 29, 2011
19 game sample size, anything can happen. Any goalie can get hot, any player can get cold, any single guy could go out of his mind for five of those games and do enough to change the final standings.

Were in the thick of it now and anything can happen until math says otherwise.

VanIslander

A 19-year ATDer on HfBoards
Sep 4, 2004
South Korea
To tank... to put in a tank of preserving liquid, like brine, to pickle cucumbers for the future....

The verb has nothing to do with the noun. :shakehead

MayDay

Oct 21, 2005
Pleasantville, NY
Has anyone realized what a weird word tank is? Things on my mind today.

http://www.slate.com/articles/news_and_politics/explainer/2008/10/explainer_goes_in_the_tank.html

Long story short:

In the 19th century, swimming pools were called tanks. "Go into the tank" = "to dive/take a dive." Which then got adopted as boxing slang for situations when boxers threw a match by taking a dive and pretending to be KOd. "Tanking" meaning "throwing a game/losing intentionally" then got adopted by the rest of sports.

Interestingly this shares the same etymology as "in the tank" such as "the media is in the tank for Candidate X." The political expression also comes from the boxing term.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• USA vs Sweden
    USA vs Sweden
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $1,050.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Finland vs Czechia
    Finland vs Czechia