Official 2015 tank thread IV

Status
Not open for further replies.

Royisgone

Mar 7, 2012
During our 10 game losing streak... We've been outscored 43-12..

So that's roughly a 4:1 scoring differential.

That's a disgrace.

For the remainder of January and February, I want to see that scoring differential raised to 5:1 if not 6:1.

We can do a lot worse than that.

:yo::handclap::laugh::):cry::naughty::amazed::shakehead:sarcasm::(:D:p:;)

KennyFnPowers*

So that's roughly a 4:1 scoring differential.

That's a disgrace.

For the remainder of January and February, I want to see that scoring differential raised to 5:1 if not 6:1.

We can do a lot worse than that.

:yo::handclap::laugh::):cry::naughty::amazed::shakehead:sarcasm::(:D:p:;)

amen brother

Royisgone

Mar 7, 2012
"The Buffalo Sabres select Jack Eichel."

Rolls off the tongue, doesn't it?

Yes it does but let's not jump to conclusions.

If we do this properly (and finish dead last) we have a solid 1 in 5 chance of getting McDavid!

That works too. We didn't get the top pick last year. We're due!

Think positively.

:nod::nod::nod::nod::nod:

KennyFnPowers*

That works too. We didn't get the top pick last year. We're due!

Think positively.

:nod::nod::nod::nod::nod:

bro, that's not how lottery maths work... lol

Yes he will end up playing wing. After watching the World Jr's hes too selfish to play center. He will play wing.

where are you from? Oh yeah, you're definitely not biased at all.

it'd be an honor for either of them to play for BUF - it's all about the environment you develop the talent in. Ovechkin and Crosby could easily have wound up like the other had their environments been swapped as well.

Sabre the Win

Joke of a Franchise
Jun 27, 2013

it'd be an honor for either of them to play for BUF - it's all about the environment you develop the talent in. Ovechkin and Crosby could easily have wound up like the other had their environments been swapped as well.
Of course it would be an honor, never did I say Eichel wasn't good. I said he will end up playing wing and while I wouldnt mind that, I dont want to build like Hawks with a center and a winger because as of right now, they need a #2 center. They cant use stop gaps like Brad Richards forever.

Royisgone

Mar 7, 2012

it'd be an honor for either of them to play four BUF - it's all about the environment you develop the talent in. Ovechkin and Crosby could easily have wound up like the other had their environments been swapped as well.

Are you suggesting that if if the odds of flipping a coin and it coming up heads are 50%....and if you flip that coin and it comes up heads 888 times in a row.....there is still only a 50% chance of it coming up heads on the 889th flip?

Yeah, math sucks. I am going with mojo, voodoo, luck, and superstition and concluding we didn't win the lottery last year when we finished dead last, so we are due this year!

It's like a slot machine "getting warm" and what not. LOL.

No one said this is scientific...this is Tankorific.

Heck, I just changed my avatar. That tank is right back on its tracks!

oilersfan87

Jan 18, 2009
We did it just last year. Shouldn't be to hard now. Just look at our advanced stats. You guys should destroy us the rest of the year in points now that we caught up.
To be fair we do have a defense pairing of Schultz and Nikitin. They will do everything in their power to make this team as bad as possible through poor defending.

KennyFnPowers*

Are you suggesting that if if the odds of flipping a coin and it coming up heads are 50%....and if you flip that coin and it comes up heads 888 times in a row.....there is still only a 50% chance of it coming up heads on the 889th flip?

Yeah, math sucks. I am going with mojo, voodoo, luck, and superstition and concluding we didn't win the lottery last year when we finished dead last, so we are due this year!

It's like a slot machine "getting warm" and what not. LOL.

No one said this is scientific...this is Tankorific.

Heck, I just changed my avatar. That tank is right back on its tracks!

No. They're completely different drafts, sets of odds, teams, etc.

It's not the same coin you're referring to. They're two completely different coins is what I mean.

btw: your avatar image is not loading. you might want to try that again =\

Royisgone

Mar 7, 2012
No. They're completely different drafts, sets of odds, teams, etc.

It's not the same coin you're referring to. They're two completely different coins is what I mean.

btw: your avatar image is not loading. you might want to try that again =\

Is that true though? I thought if we finish dead last we have a 20% chance of winning the lottery. That has nothing to do with who is in the draft, the odds, what teams are in close competition with us, etc.

20% is 20%.

My point is that just because we didn't win that 20% gamble last year doesn't have any relevance, whatsoever, to us winning it this year.

But I'm just going with the flow here b/c...well...why not.

By the way, is the avatar still screwed up? It appears on my computer.

EDIT AND PS: It is a glorious Panzerkampfwagen IV Ausf. H in Normandy.

It's a sin if everyone can't bask in its glory.

sjci

Feb 13, 2007
Buffalo
Yes he will end up playing wing. After watching the World Jr's hes too selfish to play center. He will play wing.

I'm also 99% sure Eichel has never played wing in his life...

When Jack Eichel is on the ice, the pace of play shifts; if a player can't keep up, they are left behind. A consistent scoring threat on the ice, Eichel possesses next-level 'hockey-IQ', an elite-level skillset, and the natural size and intangibles to let him play his role as a scoring power center. All-in-all, Jack Eichel is that uncontainable, dynamic center that can make all other players look out of place in his wake. (Curtis Joe, EP 2014)

A very consistent offensive force who brings it every shift…tough to contain for his peers as he can bull his way where he wants as well as maneuver the puck with skilled hands…is a responsible defensive player who has the ability to pick-pocket the puck on the backcheck and start up ice quickly…is dangerous with a strong selection of shots, plus elite-level playmaking skills that include the ability to find seams with impressive vision and deceptive passing...gives strong efforts and plays in all situations…relentless on puck pursuit…NHL star in the making. (August 2014)

Although McDavid and Eichel have different styles, both are projected to be elite-level scoring centers.

"There is little to pick between the two," Flames general manager Brad Treliving said. "They are both just talents. ... They are both gifted offensively.

"Eichel is a prototypical big centerman with the long reach. He shoots the puck a ton. McDavid is an elite thinker."

A few NHL scouts today believe Eichel could step in and be a No. 1 center this season
They appear to be an NCAA tournament team this season. Eichel's heat source is a competitive streak and a life around a game, hockey, that, for the most part, chisels young boys into selfless, team-first young men who crave inclusion.

Jack Eichel is almost always looking to pass. He dives into the postgame group hug with vigor and sincerity. He is not aloof. He is engaged.

ISStop30.com
#2 Jack Eichel @Jack_Eichel11
'C' for USA at WJC - 5GP 1G 3A 4PTS. Consistent scoring threat. Pro shot & protection.

Ability to flat out takeover a game. NHL ready puck possession and quick, heavy shot.

Goal scorers touch, crafty hands and overall offensive dynamo. Makes things happen.
Able to dominate on the puck & control tempo. Lethal shot, slick hands & power frame.

So you should probably stop talking now...

Royisgone

Mar 7, 2012

I propose we engage in a debate among anonymous strangers about where an 18 year old junior's career will culminate at the NHL level...with each party retreating further and further into an uncompromising, unyielding position.

That's what these forums are for, right?

:yo::handclap::laugh::):cry::shakehead:amazed::naughty::sarcasm:;):p::D

Beerz

Jun 28, 2011

:laugh: This isn't a comedy thread.

You're talking about the NCAA leader in assists as a Freshman being selfish and isn't a "playmaker".

Ok... carry on.

Last edited:

tsujimoto74

May 28, 2012
To be fair we do have a defense pairing of Schultz and Nikitin. They will do everything in their power to make this team as bad as possible through poor defending.

That's nothing. You should see what happens when Beniot and Meszaros are out there.

flashsabre

Apr 5, 2003
Visit site
That's nothing. You should see what happens when Beniot and Meszaros are out there.

Benoit and Mez get all the accolades and glory for this tank but I think it's time Hodgson gets some love. He maybe having one of the greatest tank seasons in modern history.

45 games played, 2 goals, 4 assists, 6 points.

Those are some mind boggling numbers right there. I have no idea what happened but keep it going for the next couple months.

"Craigs on it"
Apr 9, 2012
Canada
Are we actually going to play against Thomas McCollum tomorrow? I think we will win that game if that's the case.

Montag DP

Sabres fan in...
Apr 4, 2007
...Maryland
Eichel will play wing. Not only that, but he will make the league minimum salary each year he plays in the NHL. I watched him play a few times, and he was very selfish. If he is paid more than the minimum, he won't share any of it, which will violate the next CBA.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad