Official 2015 tank thread II

Status
Not open for further replies.

Montag DP

Sabres fan in...
Apr 4, 2007
...Maryland
Just sayin', but they definitely don't look like the worst team in the league right now. Things are starting to gel a little. They're not a hot mess like they were most of last year. I know it's early still, but if they keep playing like this the tank will definitely be in danger.

Zip15

Jun 3, 2009
Bodymore
Buffalo beats the best team in the East.

Edmonton loses their 9th straight, and Columbus loses again too.

Red alert.

Took two of the best in the West to OT on back-to-back nights. They're snapping out of it. Haven't won in 9 games and STILL ahead of us in the standings.

"Craigs on it"
Apr 9, 2012
Canada
I can't wait until the day we can look ahead to the playoffs instead of this, so exhausting. You can really drive yourself crazy if you start looking at all the scenarios. I mean, I am almost certain we are getting one of the top 3 picks before the lottery. Things will work out fine, the development of Risto, Zad and Girg is huge for the success of the rebuild.

Bps21*

The problem if I can use that word is that we know we can rebuild into a playoff team. We want to rebuild into a legit cup contender year after year.

I don't believe we can do that without elite forward talent. And this year is the best shot.

If we rebuild into a little better than what we already were...this wasn't worth it

Cirris

Nov 10, 2006
Crackport
tank-boom.gif

:help:

ZeroPT*

You guys are being so dramatic. Our young players are literally putting the team on our backs. From Ennis scoring potential GOTY's to Myers playing 27 rock solid minutes to Ristolainen and Zadorov doing really well to Zemgod being Zemgod,etc.. Shouldn't we be happy? I mean, this shows signs of us exiting the rebuild. I'm happy.

As long as we aren't like the Panthers who basically went 0-0-82 and squeezed in only to get knocked out in round 1 on the back of old man Weiss and Jovanovski. I couldn't be happier by our kids play. And to think we still have bluechippers in the system like Armia,Grigorenko and Reinhart. + 3 1sts. 1 of which will still most likely be top 5. It's good.

ZeroPT*

You guys are too mezmorized by the tank that you fail to realize the actual good things that's happening.

La Cosa Nostra

Caporegime
Jun 25, 2009
Whatever you say.Sabres will never accomplish jack **** with Eichel or McDavid.Bye Bye McEichel!!And there are no bluechippers except Reinhart.Armia and Grigs bluechippers?:lol: You don't understand the definition of bluechippers.

But hey, it's good we are finishing 27th, because ...... :help:

Sabres can't even ****ing lose right.Idiot franchise.

Bring on the excuses about SoG,other teams blah blah.

Eram

Jul 21, 2013
San Francisco, CA
We're still one game outside of last, the teams near us are underperforming, and we're definitely overperforming. I'd much rather have a few small win streaks like this to make sure the environment doesn't become toxic like EDM and players stop trying & want out.

ZeroPT*

Whatever you say.Sabres will never accomplish jack **** with Eichel or McDavid.
Well they're accomplishing things now aren't they?
And there are no bluechippers except Reinhart.Armia and Grigs bluechippers?:lol:
Yeah the guy who's at a near PPG level in the AHL and Grigorenko who's doing exceptionally well for a first year rookie.

I swear if someone isn't 2 PPG they suck in our eyes. And you feel an obligation to shove it down other's throats.

You don't understand the definition of bluechippers.
You're in no position to tell people what they do and don't understand. None.

But hey, it's good we are finishing 27th, because ...... :help:
Because we still get a top 5 pick in a stacked draft and our kids are leading us toward a better place which will allow us to progress faster, grow as a team and potentially exit the rebuild faster.

In 09 the Kings who were a year removed from drafting Doughty, being lead by 21 year old Kopitar, 20 year old Simmonds, 23 year old Brown and 22 year old Quick finished with the 5th pick in the John Tavares draft. An elite prospect.

Think they care now?

Sabres can't even ****ing lose right.Idiot franchise.
Yes please stop supporting them
Bring on the excuses about SoG,other teams blah blah.
"I don't want to hear proper arguments because I'm angry rabble rabble rabble"

Bps21*

I know it'd be catastrophic if they were forced to pick Hanifin 3rd and get the very first #1 defenseman in team history. I mean a top pairing of Hanifin-Risto and then running out Zads-Myers would be such a terrible thing.

They'd still need an entire first line if they want to be good. One with a franchise center in the middle. And they won't be getting them if not now.

I mean...yeah we just got done with 45 years of being defined by good goaltending...lets be the team with good defense now instead. God forbid we ever get an elite ****ing forward. You know...the kind that go ahead of the best defenseman because you can't find them anywhere else. Instead let's get the best forward in 2014 who couldn't beat out the best D...and then the best D in 2015 who couldn't beat out the best O. We'll be just so close to those franchise players. Just so close.

I look forward to explaining to my grandchildren that we somehow ****ed up getting McEichel because Torey Mitchell scores a goal against the ****ing Panthers in January. CAN'T WAIT.

And I love this concept that it's an either/or scenario. Like if we lose Risto and company won't be just as good of players...and if we win it somehow means that we're better off? What? Winning doesn't breed winning. Talent wins. Tomorrow we still wake up on every good player's no trade list and the best UFAs won't take 12 million pegula bucks to pick up the phone.

Does no one remember why we're down here? Because Thomas Vanek was the best forward we had for like 20 years. And that's pathetic. We're here to get Great...not get better.

There is no moral victory in drafting 3rd. There's just being ****ing Buffalo

And I promise you whatever extra progress you think the young guys get out of finishing 3rd from last instead of last...getting McDavid or Eichel would do a hell of a lot more for them than that.

Last edited by a moderator:

joshjull

Aug 2, 2005
Hamburg,NY
I can't believe there are still posters who actually think we can't put a Cup contender together without a "generational talent" like McDavid or Eichel.

So if that logic holds. How did anybody , other than the Pens, win a Cup since the 04-05 lockout without a "generational talent" as their #1 center.

It would be great and preferable to have McDavid or Eichel. But it's not something that has to happen. If you think we have no way of doing it without either of them, well you're going to stroke out at some point watching this "race" for 30th.

I put generational talent in quotes because it seems daft to me to refer to 3 players who will be in the league at one time as once in a generation talents.

Last edited:

Wisent42

Jan 9, 2012
Södertälje
Four wins in the last five. The trend sure is pointing to no McEichel. That's ok. Adding McEichel to this prospect pool would speed up the rebuild and give Murray more options but right now, the kids we're supposed to build our future contender on are dragging this tank through the mud and we should be happy about it. If we put together a team of semi-good players and had a thin prospect pool, I would get the anger, but this is the opposite. This team is set up to lose, it has a lot of dead weight and still the kids pull it off. This is something to be excited about.

SamuraiArt

Balso Par Big John S
Sep 17, 2013
Buffalo
Christ on a cracker. It seems like every win just brings out more of the crazies. I'm looking at you 'Cosa Nostra', 'Bps21' and 'MayDay'. I hardly know where to begin. First of all, a couple wins hardly necessitates you yammering on about how missing out on a top 2 pick will send us spiraling into the doghouse for the next decade. Do you realize that teams are made up of more than one skilled player? Cause it doesn't seem like you get it. C'mon, 'Cosa' - I'd like to bring 'stokes84' in here just so we can get an unbiased perspective...

'Bps', it doesn't seem like you understand that one goal, or one game, will not immensely changing our drafting odds. It's a season long struggle - stringing together a few victories here and there will not kill us, trust me. Even if you don't trust me, maybe you can understand that 'joshjull' and 'Wisent42' are right - having a couple of our rookies put our team on their backs is nothing short of incredible. If they do manage to swing a significant number of games our way - that's a GOOD thing! That's hardly a "rationalization" 'MayDay', it's more of a fact.

28 teams will not draft McEichel. According to a few of you, those teams should all just give up now. According to me, those people need their heads examined.

Wisent42

Jan 9, 2012
Södertälje
Christ on a cracker. It seems like every win just brings out more of the crazies. I'm looking at you 'Cosa Nostra', 'Bps21' and 'MayDay'. I hardly know where to begin. First of all, a couple wins hardly necessitates you yammering on about how missing out on a top 2 pick will send us spiraling into the doghouse for the next decade. Do you realize that teams are made up of more than one skilled player? Cause it doesn't seem like you get it. C'mon, 'Cosa' - I'd like to bring 'stokes84' in here just so we can get an unbiased perspective...

'Bps', it doesn't seem like you understand that one goal, or one game, will not immensely changing our drafting odds. It's a season long struggle - stringing together a few victories here and there will not kill us, trust me. Even if you don't trust me, maybe you can understand that 'joshjull' and 'Wisent42' are right - having a couple of our rookies put our team on their backs is nothing short of incredible. If they do manage to swing a significant number of games our way - that's a GOOD thing! That's hardly a "rationalization" 'MayDay', it's more of a fact.

28 teams will not draft McEichel. According to a few of you, those teams should all just give up now. According to me, those people need their heads examined.

:rant:
:handclap:

Ralonzo

Я хочу!
Nov 6, 2006
Virginia
I know it'd be catastrophic if they were forced to pick Hanifin 3rd and get the very first #1 defenseman in team history. I mean a top pairing of Hanifin-Risto and then running out Zads-Myers would be such a terrible thing.

I thought Murray was building a team to play the "LA Kings heavy style/win Cups" game, not the "Nashville Predators heavy sedation/squeak into the playoffs/lose/draft mediocre" style.

Christ on a cracker. It seems like every win just brings out more of the crazies. I'm looking at you 'Cosa Nostra', 'Bps21' and 'MayDay'. I hardly know where to begin.

Maybe by reading the title of the thread? What did you expect to see in a "Tank" thread?

This is the part where we rationalize that not getting McEichel is actually a good thing.

Too soon for that... either anger or denial, ppl ;)

Stages_701061_1397489.jpg

Last edited:

ZeroPT*

This is the part where where we rationalize that not getting McEichel is actually a good thing.

This is where we rationalize that our young players progressing at such a rapid rate an making a historically awful team look good is a good thing.

We still probably look like a bottom 5 team. We still could get our hands on Hanifin,Strome or Marner who are all putting up massive numbers. Strome would have been #1 last year. Marner a top 3 pick, Hanifin definitely would have been #1. Our kids Playing well and us being in position to get one of those guys is a good thing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad