Official 2015 NHL Draft Thread Part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

LegionOfDoom91

Jan 25, 2013
Philadelphia, PA
That Columbus loss really put the nail close to the coffin. I can see about a 12-14 pick for us. Guys I am intrigued by are greenway, what is the scoop on this guy. And he plays at shattuck-St.maries, a hockey powerhouse. Merkley, could be a riser within our organization, if he plays well and Kelowna wins the dub, and has a strong showing at the memorial cup. Konecny also intrigues me, good skill, tough little guy, goes to dirty areas and barzal, Seattle, whl.

He's played for the US Program the last two years. The guys who follow the program on the prospects board seemingly don't like him very much & some of them have a hard time saying anything negative about those kids the majority of the time. They think he's just getting some hype because of his size.

He's been dropping in a lot of lists. He's hanging on to a couple of first round grades by some scouting services. You might be looking at a second round pick when all is said & done.

Last edited:

Curufinwe

Feb 28, 2013
That Columbus loss really put the nail close to the coffin. I can see about a 12-14 pick for us.

The Flyers currently have the 22nd worst record/9th pick, and their schedule in March is really tough. Jumping up 3-5 spots will be difficult.

DrinkFightFlyers

THE TORTURE NEVER STOPS
Sponsor
Sep 24, 2009
NJ
I am all about Greenway just based on his size and the little I have seen about him, but he really has fallen a lot. I think at one point he was supposed to be top 15 easy, now he is back at the end of the first in most mocks. That being said, guys rise and fall all the time and it doesn't always mean anything.

daynus

Nov 25, 2002
Good Ole Saskatchewan
Visit site
The problem with this team being so enigmatic, is our coach is enigmatic. I went through the last 30 games of the season, and figured we woukd go 18-12, and not make the playoffs. But the enigmatic Boston bruins will make things interesting.

Stizzle

Feb 3, 2012
It will be Kylington with the 9th pick.

All the talk of him having poor defensive instincts makes me think he won't be very high on our list. And we have no reason to reach for high offensive upside from the blueline with Ghost and Sanheim already in the pipeline. If we take a defenseman in the 1st, I just can't imagine it's him.

Roo Mad Bro

U havin a giggle m8?
Dec 6, 2010
PA
I wouldn't mind taking Provorov, Werenski, Kylington in the top 10. We'd have the best prospect D core in the NHL if we added one of those blue chips.

FLYguy3911

Sanheim Lover
Oct 19, 2006
I know Provorov is the flavor of the month, but I still think I would take Werenski ahead of him.

Appleyard

Mar 5, 2010
Copenhagen
twitter.com
I have never been that high on Kylington. I actually preferred Anderson when they were both ~16. He is actually a guy who will likely go in the 2nd but I have no idea how he is not getting more buzz... he has produced everywhere he has gone.

That being said Kylington does have great upside... but then again so do Provorov and Werenski.

I think Werenski would still be my D choice.

Interesting Nattinen is on the list... he does have great offensive tools, but his skating has to come on a lot.

Curufinwe

Feb 28, 2013
Kylington really doesn't seem like a Flyers pick in the top 10.

Last edited:

Striiker

Earthquake Survivor
Jun 2, 2013
Pennsylvania
I said it during the WJC, I have a feeling they pick Werenski but I have nothing to really back that up.... just a strong feeling.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad