Official 2015 NHL Draft Thread Part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Striiker

Earthquake Survivor
Jun 2, 2013
Pennsylvania
:laugh: People were guessing Coburn was going to be traded for a 1st in that thread... now I'm worried it's still all wishful thinking.

Ughhhh, this season is so painful. I just want to fast forward a few months.

Also, some of the posts in that thread are pretty funny.

Last edited:

AFTeRMaTH*

To go back to what someone asked who we would take instead of Morin...

At the 2013 draft I wanted Morrissey
At the 2012 draft I wanted Maatta
First time in a long time the flyers picked who I wanted with the Hagg pick though...

This year so far my order of guys I want:
McDavid
Eichel
Hanifin
Marner
Strome
Zacha
Rantanen
Kylington

AFTeRMaTH*

Oh and last year I wanted Barbashev, pretty happy with all our picks though... Not the Ghoulbourne pick though....

Psuhockey

Nov 17, 2010
Ughhhh, this season is so painful. I just want to fast forward a few months.

Welcome to the mediocre middle. This is really shaping up to be the worst kind of season. Pretty much eliminated from the playoffs by the all star break but not bad enough to get one of the franchise players at the top of the draft. Outside of Laughton, there probably won't be any rookies coming up worth watching with Gostisbehere's injury. There might be nobody to trade at the deadline like in 2013: maybe 1 or 2 guys max if they can stay healthy. And with the amount of bad contracts on this team that look to be immovable, this exact team outside a couple of players could come back pretty much as is next year to do it all again.

With Minnesota tanking it up, the Flyers look to be moving slowly out of the top 10 in the draft. I think 8-12 is looking like the final position.

BobbyClarkeFan16

Nov 29, 2005
Goderich, Ontario
With Minnesota tanking it up, the Flyers look to be moving slowly out of the top 10 in the draft. I think 8-12 is looking like the final position.

I think Minnesota makes a deal for a goaltender before or just after the all star game. The offense and defense there has been pretty decent, but the goaltending has been attrocious. I figure they'll be in on one of Enroth, Neuvirth or Craig Anderson.

As for Philadelphia, I still think they end up with a pick in the top five or six. They got lucky against Tampa Bay and I just don't see that defense holding up.

Psuhockey

Nov 17, 2010
I think Minnesota makes a deal for a goaltender before or just after the all star game. The offense and defense there has been pretty decent, but the goaltending has been attrocious. I figure they'll be in on one of Enroth, Neuvirth or Craig Anderson.

As for Philadelphia, I still think they end up with a pick in the top five or six. They got lucky against Tampa Bay and I just don't see that defense holding up.

Hopefully you are right about Minnesota but Ottawa is only 1 pt ahead of the Flyers too. If the Flyers don't fall apart without Mason and Coburn the next two weeks, I am not sure they ever will.

I would be fine if the Flyers got the 7th overall pick. The top 5 looks pretty set (McDavid, Eichel, Hanifin, Marner, and Strome) and hopefully someone overdrafts Crouse in the top 6. At 7 the Flyers have their pick of the next best defensemen or one of the big European forwards in Rantanen or Zacha.

Striiker

Earthquake Survivor
Jun 2, 2013
Pennsylvania
Welcome to the mediocre middle. This is really shaping up to be the worst kind of season. Pretty much eliminated from the playoffs by the all star break but not bad enough to get one of the franchise players at the top of the draft. Outside of Laughton, there probably won't be any rookies coming up worth watching with Gostisbehere's injury. There might be nobody to trade at the deadline like in 2013: maybe 1 or 2 guys max if they can stay healthy. And with the amount of bad contracts on this team that look to be immovable, this exact team outside a couple of players could come back pretty much as is next year to do it all again.

Well at least I can look forward to Ghost coming back to the Phantoms and hope for a long playoff run from them so a few CHL guys can join the team. It's not much, but that'd make me pretty happy.

Also, if we can trade 1 or 2 guys at the deadline I'd be happy, obviously I want to get as many picks as possible but at this point I'm expecting the worst where we don't get any.

TerrapinFlyers

Dec 5, 2014
Pennsylvania
2012 I wanted Hertl but he was gone
2013 I wanted Zadorov
2014 they took who I wanted

This year it depends where they pick. As it stands now I'd like Werenski or Strome/Barzal. I'd like to fall back into the late first by trading Coburn and grab Carlo. I could just salivate thinking about a pair of Carlo and Morin or Carlo and Sanheim.

sobrien

RAFFLCOPTER
Jul 19, 2009
South Jersey

First time in a long time the flyers picked who I wanted with the Hagg pick though...

McDavid
Eichel
Hanifin
Marner
Strome
Zacha
Rantanen
Kylington

What's so good about those guys? :sarcasm:

Seriously though, the drafting has improved for us of late. We have late round picks who could make this team in a few years. Aside from a few head scratchers (who could still contribute), we are sitting pretty. A couple of talented wingers and we'll have a very strong prospect depth chart.

OrangeAndBlackMetal

Dark Wizard of the Black Cascade
Aug 14, 2009
Reykjavík
2012 : i wanted Maatta
2013: i wanted Mantha
2014: i wanted Dal Colle (obviously a long shot), wanted Tuch as my realistic pick

but i'm happy with the picks they made. Still would rather have Maatta than Laughton, and i still really like Mantha, though the jury's out on who will be a better player long term (he or Morin, that is). 2014, though i'm happy they picked Sanheim and not Tuch.

This year, my draft board would be...

McDavid
Eichel
Hanifin
Marner
Werenski
Strome
Kyington
Zacha
Rantanen

TerrapinFlyers

Dec 5, 2014
Pennsylvania
What's so good about those guys? :sarcasm:

Seriously though, the drafting has improved for us of late. We have late round picks who could make this team in a few years. Aside from a few head scratchers (who could still contribute), we are sitting pretty. A couple of talented wingers and we'll have a very strong prospect depth chart.

I'd say we need some depth down the middle too. Cousins is really the only person we have. Although it's not a huge need right this second it would also give us more of an option to move a young asset like Couts or Laughton if the right trade came up.

LePalle

Aug 22, 2006
South Jersey
Out of who was available at the time I wanted:

2012: Olli Maatta
2013: Josh Morrissey
2014: Robby Fabbri

And this year my list is

McDavid
Eichel
Marner
Hanifin
Rantanen
Kylington
Barzal
Strome
Werenski

I'll be happy with any of these guys, but that's the order I want them in.

Hockeypete49

How you like me now!
Mar 22, 2009
South Jersey

McDavid
Eichel
Hanifin
Marner
Strome
Zacha
Rantanen
Kylington

I was rooting for Morin to be selected and was and still am happy the Flyers listened to me.
In no order I added to your list of players who would look good in Orange and Black are as follows:
Crouse LW
Sprong RW
Konechy C/W
Roy D
Greenway LW
Barzel C
It looks like this draft is shaping up to be very solid and the Flyers should get a very good prospect when they select.

mja

Everything was beautiful, and nothing hurt
Jan 7, 2005
Lucy the Elephant's Belly
I don't really have any idea who these kids are as I don't really follow junior and minor league hockey. For me, it's all about BPA with the caveat that the most important positions are center & defense. I'd love another potential franchise center and I'd love a potential franchise dman. If the clearcut best guy on the board is a winger, than you take him, but otherwise go C or D.

Flyerss

Jun 23, 2013
I remember last year i thought we were stacked when it comes to Dmans, i didn't even bother watching or reading about Dman other than Ekblad and Fleury.
Not gonna do it again this year.

Haanz

Mar 2, 2013
For where the Flyers are likely to be selecting, Roy and Konecny are at the top of my wish list. Provorov is another guy I'm very high on.

Prongo

Beer
Jun 5, 2008
philadelphia
It really sucks that I haven't been able to follow junior hockey like I have in years past. I loved watching and giving my opinion on the draftees here and falling in love with multiple players when the draft came. Even in limited time and viewings I like Marner a lot. From what I read I think Kylington could be a steal as he continues to fall. Maybe a good comparison is OEL for him in value of what he could possible become?

Curufinwe

Feb 28, 2013
Roy could be the new character The Flyers need to turn their fortunes around.

It%27sRoy.jpg

daynus

Nov 25, 2002
Good Ole Saskatchewan
Visit site
Couple of my buddies in town and they are both, boy the team is rallying around number 3 goalie Zepp. I'm like listen emery is done his hips are shot. What I want to see from Zepp is that he vies to become backup to masse next year. I do not think I'd expect Zepp to be the next Thomas.nit even close. And these two guys are like yah we can make the playoffs. I'm like mathematically next to impossible.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad