GDT: *OFFICIAL* 2015 Free Agency Frenzy

Status
Not open for further replies.

DoubleAAAA

Jun 5, 2009
Yes its Eklund...but hes heard Shattenkirk to Detroit (shattenkirk rumoured to be moving, probably incase Tara is offer sheeted)

Yeah I wouldn't freak out just yet.

Edit: Although Haggs did bag one today, so who knows haha

BB88

Jan 19, 2015
Depends on the cost, I'm not giving up a 1st rounder for him, that's for sure. He's a turnover machine.

Beleskey - one good year playing with Getzlaf and Kesler
Stewart - career chronic underachiever, looks good in the window, but not when you see it everyday
McQuaid - injury prone

Today is Buyer Beware Canada Day

Best thing would be just sit back and watch but Sweeney has said that he wants to spend the cap,

best options for useful players are Yandle due to his contract if we can somehow keep our both 1st's, they are going to be god, he is UFA and it should make his value drop.

And the 2nd one is Shattenkirk, would make Hamilton trade a lot easier to take and if Detroit gets him we better keep our 1st and San Joses, there are ton of damm strong teams in the east.

RussellmaniaKW

Sep 15, 2004
Could it be that the Bruins knew Yandle was going to be available at $2.875 / year so they dealt Hamilton?

10 more points last year than Hamilton.
28 years old in his prime.
Boston native.

maybe you missed the part where Hamilton wanted out of Boston.

The two have absolutely nothing to do with each other.

SPV

Zoinks!
Sponsor
Feb 4, 2003
New Hampshire
hfboards.com
Yes its Eklund...but hes heard Shattenkirk to Detroit (shattenkirk rumoured to be moving, probably incase Tara is offer sheeted)

according to most Blues fans, they can't afford to lose Shattenkirk on the back-end; unless they are getting defense back on the cheap.

I still think Oshie or Backes is moved to save them cap space before they move him.

JCRO

At least I'm safe inside my mind
Sponsor
Mar 8, 2011

Don't follow Eklund. And if you do, be sure to post its from him so we know its not true.

EverettMike

FIRE DON SWEENEY INTO THE SUN
Mar 7, 2009
Everett, MA
twitter.com
I was all in favor of an Eriksson for Oshie deal (and still would do it just because I think both guys need a change), but in general TJ Oshie can't get it done. His skills exceed his production.

DoubleAAAA

Jun 5, 2009
Yandle given $ and Shattenkirk certainly look like the best options out there, even having to give up assets. Just drafted a boat load in a deep draft. Have 2 1st's next year, do we have 2 2nds as well?

RussellmaniaKW

Sep 15, 2004
honestly posting rumors from Eklund should be against site rules IMO. not even trying to be funny.

Scotto74

taking a break
Oct 7, 2005
Kingston, MA
wow

James Mirtle
@mirtle

The Kessel trade gets worse for the Leafs. The first-round pick is conditional on Penguins making the playoffs.

Coach Parker

Stanley Cup Champion
Jun 22, 2008
Vancouver, B.C.
Best thing would be just sit back and watch but Sweeney has said that he wants to spend the cap,

best options for useful players are Yandle due to his contract if we can somehow keep our both 1st's, they are going to be god, he is UFA and it should make his value drop.

And the 2nd one is Shattenkirk, would make Hamilton trade a lot easier to take and if Detroit gets him we better keep our 1st and San Joses, there are ton of damm strong teams in the east.

Yandle at less than half the salary of Hamilton is a solid move.

I did miss that. Where was that reliably reported so I can read that Russell?

ashnathan

Apr 22, 2014
Australia
I e been up since 2.30am cos i thought Sweeney would be dropping bombs and nothings happened, fair to say im a bit pissed off

BB88

Jan 19, 2015

But it could have made it a bit easier to let him go, Sweeney has had a plan for few weeks and I have no idea what it is, his moves/words are just going in opposite directions.

Shaun

Oct 12, 2010
I can't think of a factor I give less of a **** about than a player being a "local boy."

I don't even like half the cities around here (including my own).

this is the absolute worst thing that people constantly bring up. who gives a **** if hes from here?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad