GDT: *OFFICIAL* 2015 Free Agency Frenzy

Status
Not open for further replies.

Coach Parker

Stanley Cup Champion
Jun 22, 2008
Vancouver, B.C.
But it could have made it a bit easier to let him go, Sweeney has had a plan for few weeks and I have no idea what it is, his moves/words are just going in opposite directions.

Exactly. He would have known that Yandle was available.

People forget that Arizona is paying half of his salary this coming season.

Basically Hamilton's cap hit and salary (with bonuses) this year goes to Yandle in his prime.

Fenian24

Jun 14, 2010
A tremendous few days to celebrate last place?

Retooling the right way, drafting speed and scoring trading or signing for toughness and grit.

I believe they overreached on a couple of picks where they should have tried to trade down, but they got what they were looking for, all 3 first round picks are fast, Debrusk and Senyshyn are fast scorers with a willingness to drive the net and Zobril hits often and is borderline dirty.

Add one of the most hated players in the league to your fourth line and then hopefully trade or sign some more grit and toughness today.

The return for Hamilton should have been higher but Sweeney did the best he could with the situation.

Scotto74

taking a break
Oct 7, 2005
Kingston, MA
I don't see any problem, because they will make the playoffs.

because they got hosed on the trade to begin with then you add stuff like that in and its even worse. No one is a 100% sure bet to make the playoffs. If they were there would be no conditions like this ever.

Lord Ahriman

Oct 21, 2009
because they got hosed on the trade to begin with then you add stuff like that in and its even worse. No one is a 100% sure bet to make the playoffs. If they were there would be no conditions like this ever.

Well, we agree in disagree. I just can't see they out of the playoffs.

LSCII

Cup driven
Mar 1, 2002
Central MA

Exactly. Pitt gets the better of this deal AND protection on the pick in case they crap the bed for some strange reason. That's just more proof of how badly the Leafs made out in this transaction...

RussellmaniaKW

Sep 15, 2004
I can't think of a factor I give less of a **** about than a player being a "local boy."

I don't even like half the cities around here (including my own).

my god this so much.

Considering the most legendary Bruins of this generation are from Quebec and Slovakia it is absurd in this day and age to put any sort of emphasis on trying to get local kids to play for the Bruins.

In fact, I can't even think of a Boston kid who made a huge impact with the Bruins ever.

Number8

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 31, 2007
Well the Pens are most likely making the playoffs anyways....not a big deal. But I guess you never know...

That's true. Still it's funny that a team that just added a guy like Kessel to Crosby and Malkin feels the need to say "hey, just in case we absolutely suck next year, that pick is off the table."

I know it's just insurance, but it's sort of like the guy going to give a speech and the very last things he mumbles before he goes on stage is "I hope i don't tank". :laugh:

BB88

Jan 19, 2015
Exactly. He would have known that Yandle was available.

People forget that Arizona is paying half of his salary this coming season.

Basically Hamilton's cap hit and salary (with bonuses) this year goes to Yandle in his prime.

Boston needs a D-player who can skate and provide offense, if we have just Krug in the lineup next year then our zone exits will be even worse, a lot worse than they were this year, we just lost 2 +40 point guys and have replaced them with nothing while eastern teams have gotten a lot lot better, if Sweeney keeps insinting he is building a playoff team then build one and do something.

Fire Sweeney

Jun 16, 2009
Bergen
Fake. **** me. **** OFF FAKES ILL SHANK YA!

DFLBpdI.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->