Chris Stewart @ $4.25 over 3 years
Martin St Louis @ $4M over 2 years
Andrej Sekera @ $5.75 over 3 years
Matt Beleskey @ $4.75M over 5 years

one of those will probably happen...

ashnathan

Apr 22, 2014
Australia
I am so freaking excited for tomorrow. It was only a year ago I was dreading the 1st of July cos I knew Iggy was walking. Let's hope we can do something good, I think its gonna be straight out of left field basket. Won't be the names were expecting.

Shaun

Oct 12, 2010
Please don't sign Stewart, Belesky, Vermette, Green or any of the other garbage out there that is going to be overpaid.

RussellmaniaKW

Sep 15, 2004
That's pretty short sighted,

Option 1) keep Lucic pay 7M per

Option 2) trade Lucic for 2 1sts,C. Miller, Kuraly and get Stewart for free.

Gimme option 2 every time.

I prefer option 3 where we keep the Lucic haul and sign someone other than Stewart.

ashnathan

Apr 22, 2014
Australia
I hope they stay away from Stewart and only sign Beleskey if its under 5M but even then...he's not what we need. We need elite goal scoring, we need a sniper. Not another non finisher. Stewart same deal, don't need him for the money he will want. We need to go 'off the board' and find us a guy that needs a change and to 'break out' (This is what they are hoping with Conolly)

Over the volcano

Mar 10, 2006
Watertown
I prefer option 3 where we keep the Lucic haul and sign someone other than Stewart.

Stewart's best game came out when he played for sacco (flirting with a PPG). If they can get him on a short term deal for less than the rest of what they were going to pay lucic this year I'd be all for it.

BigBadBruin8

@rsox1221
Jul 31, 2005
Shrewsbury, MA
I'd say Beleskey signing here is like 80%.

Chris Stewart is maybe 60%.

They want more jam/skill combos, those are the two guys out there who bring it in some form.

Always a great day July 1st, kinda snuck up on me this year after the shellshock of the draft and the last couple days...

DitClapper

May 15, 2014
I am so freaking excited for tomorrow. It was only a year ago I was dreading the 1st of July cos I knew Iggy was walking. Let's hope we can do something good, I think its gonna be straight out of left field basket. Won't be the names were expecting.

We'll definitely see something. I'm really looking forward to it too dude. #DealerDonnie

Dwatson783

@dwatson783
Feb 17, 2009
Boston, MA
that's what she said

mysterious top4 RHD not being overpaid... donde esta!?

....Mike Green?

If not for being a lefty I think Paul Martin would be an interesting pick up- though at 34 and as a UFA my assumption is that the money and years wouldn't work out well. Would be extremely interested in a move for Seabrook if Chicago needed to move more. He has 1 year left and is the right age. Would be interesting if we could get him and lock him down long term while moving away from 33/44.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad