GDT: *OFFICIAL* 2015 Free Agency Frenzy

Status
Not open for further replies.

ashnathan

Apr 22, 2014
Australia
Bruins need to beef up the top 9.

As much as most hate Stewart i think he could be a good fit.

Hes just so...I really tried to like him when he went to Minne cos he was so happy to go there I thought his game would only get better, he just isn't that good, and he isn't as aggressive as people think. Floats around all over the ice etc to be honest this is a low ball but i'd offer him Reilly Smith money if anything at all. Nothing more.

BB88

Jan 19, 2015
I think Semin at 1M/1Y is an absolute pipe dream. Some idiot will sign him to a 3M/1Y deal, probably Pittsburgh

That would be a lot better, stops us from doing any stupid longterm contracts and when we next year have 2 top10 picks we can spend 10-15M on players in the next offseason and start the fight again wasting just 1 year of our core players prime.

Mathews28

Nov 24, 2008
Connecticut
I've said these so many times :laugh:

We finally have some cap room and I'd look at better players, if you pay big money give it to Sekera if you want to go UFA route and make our D better and help limit Chara's+Seid's minutes.

Beleskey's career high points are 32 in Anaheim while seeing ice with Getzlaf+Perry and he is after 5M longterm contract, Stewart the same thing, going to be overpaid, lazy and maybe max 40 point guy.

I want us to be aggressive and crazy next offseason/trade deadline when our 2015 picks are closer to being ready, get huge players then who can help us and help us being strong contenders when those kids are ready to step up, giving bad long term contracts now on weak UFA market would again get us maxed on cap and not allowing us to do bigger moves.

BB what you suggest is patience, and I am right with you there. The FO has embarked on some very bold moves, they've got to stay he course and be patient in order to maximize the benefits of their approach. Let the recent picks mature, add the FAs at the right time.

BB88

Jan 19, 2015
BB what you suggest is patience, and I am right with you there. The FO has embarked on some very bold moves, they've got to stay he course and be patient in order to maximize the benefits of their approach. Let the recent picks mature, add the FAs at the right time.

I'm just afraid because Sweeney keeps saying he is building a playoff team right now which very likely would be the worst option and that he is going max the cap this offseason, hard to see anything good to come out of it.

Have 1 well done re-tool year and after that have lots of contending years because of that well done re-tool year.

Central Scrutinizer

Lord of Song
Jan 6, 2010
montreal
Hes just so...I really tried to like him when he went to Minne cos he was so happy to go there I thought his game would only get better, he just isn't that good, and he isn't as aggressive as people think. Floats around all over the ice etc to be honest this is a low ball but i'd offer him Reilly Smith money if anything at all. Nothing more.
He was good with Minnesota until the playoffs when he battled an injury.

Regardless, we need size on the top 9. Lucic floated,Horton floated. Stewart will float.

BB88

Jan 19, 2015
He was good with Minnesota until the playoffs when he battled an injury.

Regardless, we need size on the top 9. Lucic floated,Horton floated. Stewart will float.

2years is the max they should give him if they sign him, make sure we have as much cap available when these kids are ready to step up and go crazyyyy :handclap:

Central Scrutinizer

Lord of Song
Jan 6, 2010
montreal
2years is the max they should give him if they sign him, make sure we have as much cap available when these kids are ready to step up and go crazyyyy :handclap:
I agree.

But i think the minimum he signs for is 4 years. and i can see a team offer him 4 years 18m.

I think i posted a while ago how i could see the bruins trading Lucic in the offseason and signing Stewart to replace him.

so far i am 1/2 right

BB88

Jan 19, 2015
I agree.

But i think the minimum he signs for is 4 years. and i can see a team offer him 4 years 18m.

I think i posted a while ago how i could see the bruins trading Lucic in the offseason and signing Stewart to replace him.

so far i am 1/2 right

I'd rather let the kids play and develop during our re-tool year rather than sign a much weaker version of Lucic with too big cap hit.

Central Scrutinizer

Lord of Song
Jan 6, 2010
montreal
Other than a backup goalie, I really hope they stay out of the fray tomorrow. Let the dust on free agency settle and then trade a few more vets (Eriksson, Seidenberg) for youth.
This year will be different.

Teams have had a week to negotiate with UFA's ( but can't sign them). i think that is why the Avs traded for Soderberg, they wanted to make sure that nobody comes in last minute and ups the $ and term.

We will probably see a 30 signings in the first 30 minutes.

LavioletteScores

Nov 20, 2011
Here's outside the box trade candidate I wouldn't mind on the Bruins...Troy Brouwer, Free agent next year and the Caps need to sign Holtby and Johanssen, and maybe Green.

Central Scrutinizer

Lord of Song
Jan 6, 2010
montreal
I'd rather let the kids play and develop during our re-tool year rather than sign a much weaker version of Lucic with too big cap hit.
Ideally the Bruins do nothing. Maybe sign a

They play the season out, trade Loui for a 1st and a prospect at the deadline, they move Kelly for a 4th and Talbot for a 5th.

Go into next draft with the possibility of 2 lottery teams(Bruins& Sharks) and also have another 1st.

that would give them 6 first round picks in 2 years.

This could be a real quick retooling.

DoubleAAAA

Jun 5, 2009
I think I'd rather Joel Ward than Belesky quite frankly. Now after 2012 I doubt that's an option which is incredibly unfortunate.

BB88

Jan 19, 2015
Ideally the Bruins do nothing. Maybe sign a

They play the season out, trade Loui for a 1st and a prospect at the deadline, they move Kelly for a 4th and Talbot for a 5th.

Go into next draft with the possibility of 2 lottery teams(Bruins& Sharks) and also have another 1st.

that would give them 6 first round picks in 2 years.

This could be a real quick retooling.

Only player basically right now that I'm interested is Boedker, to boost our lw line, young, heavy player, fast, strong 2way style and boedker-spooner-pasta could be magical in the near future.

But if they think Lou is gone after next season you absolutely sell him and get a pick, then we can use that pick on a different trade to get a young top4/top6 guy if we want to, ofcourse in a package.

Listening to the guys on TSN tonight, Bruins have shown interest in Beleskey, Green and Sekera. That's it for us.

I hope Beleskey goes to a contender, that would just be the worst possible signing for this offseason, we are a team that shouldn't luckily attract too many UFA's.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad