GDT: *OFFICIAL* 2015 Free Agency Frenzy

Status
Not open for further replies.

BB88

Jan 19, 2015
I'd say Beleskey signing here is like 80%.

Chris Stewart is maybe 60%.

They want more jam/skill combos, those are the two guys out there who bring it in some form.

Always a great day July 1st, kinda snuck up on me this year after the shellshock of the draft and the last couple days...

Oh my god those would be stupid horrible awful signings.

jdz

May 22, 2013
Lucic trade is a very good trade now.

Hamilton still a huge head scratcher.

Lets hope Sweeney can keep do something decent in free agency. He doesn't seem like the sort of guy that would overpay for middlers.

HHHH

Feb 15, 2010
Francois Beauchemin...

Older, but seems like he has some left in the tank, and might be able to get done at a reasonable price and term.

BB88

Jan 19, 2015
Elaborate. Say something.

I've said these so many times :laugh:

We finally have some cap room and I'd look at better players, if you pay big money give it to Sekera if you want to go UFA route and make our D better and help limit Chara's+Seid's minutes.

Beleskey's career high points are 32 in Anaheim while seeing ice with Getzlaf+Perry and he is after 5M longterm contract, Stewart the same thing, going to be overpaid, lazy and maybe max 40 point guy.

I want us to be aggressive and crazy next offseason/trade deadline when our 2015 picks are closer to being ready, get huge players then who can help us and help us being strong contenders when those kids are ready to step up, giving bad long term contracts now on weak UFA market would again get us maxed on cap and not allowing us to do bigger moves.

BB88

Jan 19, 2015
Francois Beauchemin...

Older, but seems like he has some left in the tank, and might be able to get done at a reasonable price and term.

If they get rid of Seids then I could take him for few years.

Beauch+Chara could still shutdown lines nicely.

DitClapper

May 15, 2014
If they get rid of Seids then I could take him for few years.

Beauch+Chara could still shutdown lines nicely.

Beauchemin was absolute trash in the Chicago series. I would rather keep Seidenberg, they are literally the same player.

BB88

Jan 19, 2015
Beauchemin was absolute trash in the Chicago series. I would rather keep Seidenberg, they are literally the same player.

Our whole team would have been, but looking overall their last season Beauch was miles better.

We certainly can't go with both.

Only D I'd sign as a UFA would be Sekera, in his prime and could help us to limit Chara's minutes, he is going to be logging some huge minutes.

PIMsCup

Nov 18, 2014
LA / NH Boston?
I think most GM's know Beleskey was a flash in a pan. His scoring might have been an anomaly, but his other attributes aren't. Good on whatever team picks him up right after his price bubble pops.

BB88

Jan 19, 2015
This, guy can shoot and back check like a maniac if he's interested.

1M 1year prove your worth deal for him would be great, 1 way to stop us from doing a bad UFA longterm signing.

Tell Chara to be his personal trainer and Semin goes crazy with Krecji.

I just thought that Sweeney said we are going to go as close to the cap as possible, that can't be a good thing for us, great pick for next year getting weaker and no way in hell he makes 1y deals, it's going to be brutal long term deal.

But I want Boedker!

Edit: no I want Semin for 1y deal and give him everything we have left of the cap so we don't do anything stupid.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad