GDT: *OFFICIAL* 2015 Free Agency Frenzy III

Shaun

Oct 12, 2010
Aaron Ward ‏@TSNAaronWard 1m1 minute ago
Justin Williams to the Washington Capitals on a 2 year deal. #TSN

FROMSHORETOCHARA

Jul 2, 2009
I'm assuming when this deal expires he signs a 1 day type contract and "retires" a bruins. Certainly should b that way. What a player, what a cheap shot, what a Shame. Really a fine player and yes, always a bruin.

BB88

Jan 19, 2015
Williams deal is nice, I love the fact that our new guys seem to be really excited about playing in Boston, they should bring energy that was missing this year.

TCL40

Jun 29, 2011
Williams deal is nice, I love the fact that our new guys seem to be really excited about playing in Boston, they should bring energy that was missing this year.

I think all the new blood will be good for the team.

I think they developed some complacency-under Chia everyone felt safe. Sweeney not so much.

Belesky seems pretty happy and while Inhavent seen anything from Hayes he grew up around here so that's probably exciting.

Pia8988

May 26, 2014
Wouldn't hate it if they just avoided all the UFA defensemen. Let Trotman, Morrow, C. Miller battle for the last 2 spots.

BB88

Jan 19, 2015
I think all the new blood will be good for the team.

I think they developed some complacency-under Chia everyone felt safe. Sweeney not so much.

Belesky seems pretty happy and while Inhavent seen anything from Hayes he grew up around here so that's probably exciting.

Beleskey was ready to take less money to get here which sounds like he truly wants to be here, this team was dead when they traded JB and brought nothing in, now they'll see new guys who truly want to be here and play here, so that should be a good thing.

Hayes seems to be really happy with this.

Wouldn't hate it if they just avoided all the UFA defensemen. Let Trotman, Morrow, C. Miller battle for the last 2 spots.

Very hard to make up D pairings right now due to Seids/McQ, will be tough to push these kids straight to top4 because I really don't want to see McQ there, he is at his best on the 3rd pairing.

Krug also right now looks like a 1st pairing D because Seids-Chara can't happen.

right now if everything would go well and we don't see any addings D group of

Chara-Krug
Morrow-C.Miller
Seids-McQ

could work, 3rd pairing just tries to shutdown everyone and gets limited minutes, 2nd pairing brings offense and drives Rask crazy and 1st pairing has a bit of both, needless to say that is one weak group as it is, lot of things have to go perfectly for that to be anything better than bottom10 group in the league

Bi Coastal Bawse*

Franson, Erhoff, Oduya, Regher Or Salvador would be ok. 1-2 of these guys......short term......

alg363636

Boo
Apr 25, 2014
Washington, DC
I'd take a flyer on Oduya for short term. 3 years would be good. He can eat minutes.

Chara-Oduya
Seids-Krug
McQuaid-Miller

Mix and match. Maybe trade for another more experienced middle guy.

Pia8988

May 26, 2014
Beleskey was ready to take less money to get here which sounds like he truly wants to be here, this team was dead when they traded JB and brought nothing in, now they'll see new guys who truly want to be here and play here, so that should be a good thing.

Hayes seems to be really happy with this.

Very hard to make up D pairings right now due to Seids/McQ, will be tough to push these kids straight to top4 because I really don't want to see McQ there, he is at his best on the 3rd pairing.

Krug also right now looks like a 1st pairing D because Seids-Chara can't happen.

right now if everything would go well and we don't see any addings D group of

Chara-Krug
Morrow-C.Miller
Seids-McQ

could work, 3rd pairing just tries to shutdown everyone and gets limited minutes, 2nd pairing brings offense and drives Rask crazy and 1st pairing has a bit of both, needless to say that is one weak group as it is, lot of things have to go perfectly for that to be anything better than bottom10 group in the league

Chara - Trotman
Morrow/Seids/Krug-Seids/C.Miller
Krug/Morrow-McQuaid

BB88

Jan 19, 2015
Chara - Trotman
Krug/Morrow-McQuaid

I'm more of a Morrow guy, I believe him to have more potential, we need strong puck movers and without trades Krug-C.Miller-Morrow would help in that, I just wish we won't see K.Miller-McQ pairing :laugh:

Going to be a tough ask for young player to step up from ahl and play in the 1st pairing.

Oduya on a 2-3y deal could be okay, he can eat minutes and knows how to win, quiet but strong player.

SpitfireIX

Jun 11, 2007
Grenville, Qc.
Chara - Trotman
Krug/Morrow-McQuaid

That is basically the defense that missed the playoffs this year. We cannot contend or advance past the middle of the pack with that defense. We need to add a bonafide top four.

Jack Johnson, despite his flaws, is a guy who can eat a ton of minutes. His contract is reasonable, no word on if he is available. Also, now that we have traded Dougie, Smith and Lucic I don't really know if there is anyone else we can move at this point.

Pia8988

May 26, 2014
I'm more of a Morrow guy, I believe him to have more potential, we need strong puck movers and without trades Krug-C.Miller-Morrow would help in that, I just wish we won't see K.Miller-McQ pairing :laugh:

Going to be a tough ask for young player to step up from ahl and play in the 1st pairing.

Oduya on a 2-3y deal could be okay, he can eat minutes and knows how to win, quiet but strong player.

My biggest issue is we have Chara, Seidenberg, and McQuaid locked up for the next 3-4 years. Krug is someone that they shouldn't get rid of so that's a 4th spot. With having a few young defensemen on the cusp of breaking into the NHL it doesn't allow that much room if we sign a Veteran free agent. Would only allow one spot for 2-3 players to fight it out and improve.

BB88

Jan 19, 2015
My biggest issue is we have Chara, Seidenberg, and McQuaid locked up for the next 3-4 years. Krug is someone that they shouldn't get rid of so that's a 4th spot. With having a few young defensemen on the cusp of breaking into the NHL it doesn't allow that much room if we sign a Veteran free agent. Would only allow one spot for 2-3 players to fight it out and improve.

I was going to add on my post that if they add a top4D then we really should trade Seids somepoint during the next season, soon we are going to have ton of young promising well skating D players ready to step up and I won't like it if this team is full of vets and we don't know how to say goodbye to them and by that weakening our lineup, also this team needs to somehow find a true #1D to replace Chara in just few years, now we have nothing. Without that you won't win in this league.

I'm looking at Chara-Krug-McQ will/should be locks for roster spots for few years while Linus-Morrow-Carlo-Zboril-C.Miller atleast will be pushing for roster spot soon.

But this team needs a new topD-man and it needs it now if Sweeney wants us to be in the playoffs, that D group is quite brutal and will make sure Rask will go crazy and we have a long summer again.

We traded Hamilton while not having any replacements in the system, that makes this a lot harder.

BB88

Jan 19, 2015
Shawn Hutcheon saying we should see more signings/moves from the Bruins, let's hope the good Sweeney is doing those.

I like that right now we have zero bad contracts/brutal contracts and I would like to keep that.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad