GDT: *OFFICIAL* 2015 Free Agency Frenzy III

GloryDaze4877

Barely Irrelevant
Jun 27, 2006
The Sticks (West MA)
conjecture post: love him as a number 3 and the reason is i think he can cover a ton of ground in a hurry and if 'told' to be a more tenacious defender and stop hopping up the right wing wall so much, he will own defending (his pivots are insane and his positioning and strength are very good for his size). the reason i prefaced this post as i did is because i think you're asking him to be a 25 point dman when he can be a 45 point dman to do that.

i think this is part of why dougie left.

When did I ask him to be a 25 pt d-man? Pretty sure he had 40 pts last year playing a little over 19 minutes per game in the role I described?

As I already said, I love Krug and his game, but I'm not sure he can play a regular shift in the Top 4 because of size limitations. That's not a shot at Krug, but you don't want him on the ice against larger power forwards because he will get overwhelmed.

I hope he proves me wrong, it would solve a lot of problems for the B's.

Artemis

Took the red pill
Dec 8, 2010
Mount Olympus
Do you not think Pittsburgh has a better shot at winning than Boston and Buffalo?

I don't mean in general, I mean out of his bidders. But then again it appears CBJ is also interested.

Better than Buffalo, which isn't saying much. The Bruins have a better chance than Pittsburgh. The Pens are the most top-heavy team in the NHL. They'll win some exciting games, undoubtedly, but that doesn't make them a contender.

sarge88

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 29, 2003
I can't help but get discouraged every time I see a prediction that includes Trotman anywhere near the top 6.

I don't get it at all, although I'm getting the feeling I'm in the minority about this. But, I'd pencil in Miller, Miller (without ever having seen him play), Morrow and Irwin above him. Adding Franson pushes him down even more.

The best I can say about Trotman was that he didn't suck as bad in his second call up last year, as he did in his first.

alg363636

Boo
Apr 25, 2014
Washington, DC
Better than Buffalo, which isn't saying much. The Bruins have a better chance than Pittsburgh. The Pens are the most top-heavy team in the NHL. They'll win some exciting games, undoubtedly, but that doesn't make them a contender.

I'm going to disagree with you. Do I think Pitts has a great shot at the cup? Not as they currently stand. But they have a MUCH better offense than the Bruins (say you what will about front-loading but Crosby-Malkin-Kessel is insane and will be deadly) and as it currently stands have a comparable defense to the Bruins if not slightly better. Rask is better than Fleury.

Pens are basically a lock for the playoffs. We are absolutely not a lock.

BB88

Jan 19, 2015

Pens are easily better than us are right now.
They have a potential elite 1st pairing if both can stay healthy, Pouliot is a top potential offensive D player. Our D is not that pretty.

They won't win the cup next year but they'll have a much better chance than we do right now.

LouJersey

Jun 29, 2002
Graves to Gardens
youtu.be

Bruins are nowhere near as good as Pittsburgh , they've actually improved unlike us . Both teams are pretenders however . I'd sign with Columbus or Florida over Pittsburgh or Boston TBH

Artemis

Took the red pill
Dec 8, 2010
Mount Olympus
I'm going to disagree with you. Do I think Pitts has a great shot at the cup? Not as they currently stand. But they have a MUCH better offense than the Bruins (say you what will about front-loading but Crosby-Malkin-Kessel is insane and will be deadly) and as it currently stands have a comparable defense to the Bruins if not slightly better. Rask is better than Fleury.

Pens are basically a lock for the playoffs. We are absolutely not a lock.

Agree to disagree.

Zac Rinaldo*

When did I ask him to be a 25 pt d-man? Pretty sure he had 40 pts last year playing a little over 19 minutes per game in the role I described?

As I already said, I love Krug and his game, but I'm not sure he can play a regular shift in the Top 4 because of size limitations. That's not a shot at Krug, but you don't want him on the ice against larger power forwards because he will get overwhelmed.

I hope he proves me wrong, it would solve a lot of problems for the B's.

oh i wasn't questioning you.

i made the very bad language mistake of using "you're". what i mean is, a much more general take conceptually. i don't mean you specifically at all. i just meant it as an idiomatically possessive pronoun..... like "you're not gonna spend your first round pick for so and so..." there's no you're there.

i'm not a native speaker lol.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad