Official 2015 Bruins Draft Thread II

EverettMike

FIRE DON SWEENEY INTO THE SUN
Mar 7, 2009
Everett, MA
twitter.com
Don`t remind me of those days

I understand and can appreciate if a player is that much of a distraction to the team then you have to look at moving him but man o man, it sure seems as though there is not a voice of reason in the board room when it comes to actually working through things with a younger player

Imagine if the Hawks shipped out Kane due to his less than stellar behavior off the ice (not so much anymore but a few years back)

I don`t know, I think what bothered me most about Sweeney moving Dougie was it was merely weeks since he stood up to a mic and spoke about giving the prospects/younger players time to mature and develop them poof

Everything he said at that press conference turned out to be bull****.

If "bruins type player" means a Tyler Seguin or Dougie Hamilton can't be on this team than throw out the concept of a Bruins type player and find a new type to target.

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC

If "bruins type player" means a Tyler Seguin or Dougie Hamilton can't be on this team than throw out the concept of a Bruins type player and find a new type to target.

yep, at a bit of a loss as to what Sweeney and Co truly want

Time will tell I suppose

vjcsmoke

Jun 29, 2011
Bottom line -- give me results. Wins cure everything. But can this current lineup compete when the 'kids' we just drafted are probably 2 years away?

Our cap situation is still pretty bad. And it didn't help that we overpaid Mcquaid and gave him a ridiculous 4 year contract for a 3rd pairing defenseman.

If we miss the playoffs again, we need to fire Sweeney, Cam, and Clode. It's just too disfunctional. Wish we had held out for Gorton now after seeing the absolute mess they made out of the draft and the return we got for Hamilton/Lucic.

Dennis Bonvie

Dec 29, 2007
Connecticut

Bruins type player; you know, a Milan Lucic type.

Dennis Bonvie

Dec 29, 2007
Connecticut
Those numbers Senyshyn put up playing 4th line minutes has me pretty intrigued about what he might do in an expanded role moving forward with the Greyhounds, he`s not your typical 4th line Junior player, pretty nice luxury the Hounds were in

Don't 4th line players usually play against other 4th line players and/or 3rd pair defensemen? Perhaps putting up numbers against borderline junior players isn't really that impressive.

ChargersRookie

Jun 30, 2014
Don't 4th line players usually play against other 4th line players and/or 3rd pair defensemen? Perhaps putting up numbers against borderline junior players isn't really that impressive.

It is if the others only have half your points or don't have a third of your goals.

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC

While I`m sure he played up against opponents fourth lines/3rd pairings, no way did this happen all season, every shift etc....this kid, in everything I have read was only on the fourth due to great depth on the Hounds and that won`t be the case this coming season.

Any way you cut it, kid posted 45pts in a limited role, I`d wager the overwhelming majority of fellow 4th liners in the OHL couldn`t have done the same

HockeyMomx2

Extra Medium Water, Hold The Pickles
Sponsor
Dec 6, 2008
The Most Beautiful Place In The World
Bottom line -- give me results. Wins cure everything. But can this current lineup compete when the 'kids' we just drafted are probably 2 years away?

Our cap situation is still pretty bad. And it didn't help that we overpaid Mcquaid and gave him a ridiculous 4 year contract for a 3rd pairing defenseman.

If we miss the playoffs again, we need to fire Sweeney, Cam, and Clode. It's just too disfunctional. Wish we had held out for Gorton now after seeing the absolute mess they made out of the draft and the return we got for Hamilton/Lucic.

He was who I was hoping for. I've woken up the last couple mornings hoping I'd come here and find a 'Ha Ha Just Kidding' thread thst would reveal what we really did on draft day. Alas, it hasn't happened. Draft day was real.

chizzler

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 11, 2006
Haggs giving the bruins an F- . Like knows anything about the prospects. What a hack!!

ChargersRookie

Jun 30, 2014
6 picks in the top 52, supposed deep draft.

1 has to turn in to a perennial all star right? :laugh:

What I have concluded today is that who they choose is not the problem. The problem as listening to Bobby Mac and others is where they picked them.

Did Sweeney try to move down but still stay in the 1st round with picks 14-15? Two teams I think would pick Senyshyn are Ottawa (18-21-36) and Toronto (35) .

We know now and have to understand that there was no way they were getting #3.

Debrusk and Senyshyn would not last to the 37th pick.

KnightofBoston

Mar 22, 2010
The Valley of Pioneers
Would you guys have been happier if the Bruins;

Traded Hamilton to Edmonton for Draisital and the 16th , Draisital (gets their center) and the first to Arizona for the 3rd and draft hanifin.

Lucic in same deal to LA

Now we have;

Hanifin, Zboril, DeBrusk (or maybe Bruins pick Senyshyn now knowing they don't have that third pick

And the second round looks different

boston77

Jul 8, 2004
Toronto
The link puts you in a merry go round where you never get to the article itself. At least not the first three tries, I gave up after that.

OK here is the article..

The Bruins second round of the draft was just as busy as the first, as they picked 3 more players. The Bruins had picks 7, 15, and 22 of the second round. Pick number 7 was from the Islanders, pick 15 was from the Flames, and pick 22 was also from the Flames.

With the 7th pick of the second round (37th overall) the Bruins selected their second defenseman of the draft, this time they drafter Colorado Springs native Brandon Carlo. He is an 18 year old, 6’5″, 196 pound defenseman, who played for Tri-City in the WHL (Western Hockey League). Carlo is a player who lets the game come to him rather than him chasing it. He shows great patience well on the ice and will always look for the high-percentage plays. Carlo shows a very strong presents in the defensive zone so he will need some help finding offence. This is a good fit for the Bruins as it will be helpful to have another big man on defense.

With the 15th pick of the second round the Bruins selected Jakob Forsbacka Karlsson from Stockholm, Sweden. Karlsson is an 18 year old 6’1″, right handed, Center, who played for Omaha in the USHL (United States Hockey League). I found Karlsson to be inconsistent and that will definitely be something he will need to work on. But when he is having a good night lookout he will turn a nothing play into a great scoring chance. He is an above average center who is good at face-offs and a solid passer.

Finally with the 22nd pick of the second round the Bruins selected their third defenseman Jeremy Lauzon from Val-d’or, Quebec City, Canada. Lauzon is a 6’2″, left handed defenseman, who played for Rouyn-Noranda in the QMJHL (Quebec Major Junior Hockey League). Lauzon is a solid defenseman who is not afraid to play physical. He is good in the defensive zone and also in the offensive zone. He can puck the puck in the back of the net and is a good play-maker.

Man Rocket

88+73
Jul 12, 2011
Would you guys have been happier if the Bruins;

Traded Hamilton to Edmonton for Draisital and the 16th , Draisital (gets their center) and the first to Arizona for the 3rd and draft hanifin.

Lucic in same deal to LA

Now we have;

Hanifin, Zboril, DeBrusk (or maybe Bruins pick Senyshyn now knowing they don't have that third pick

And the second round looks different

I doubt they trade Strome for Draisaitl. Would have to be Draisaitl +

Bruins78

Apr 12, 2007
Here is another good article about the Bruins second round draft picks. It's a good read I suggest everyone gives it a read.
http://www.ttownsports.com/?p=1062

That's a good article? Nothing there but a couple of sentences that have been covered/reported by legitimate scouting services. I found this quote amusing:

"I found Karlsson to be inconsistent and that will definitely be something he will need to work on"

This jives with the other scouting reports but this Boston kid allegedly see's enough USHL action to warrant that opinion? What is his sample size of games watched? Here is the first sentence of the Elite Prospects page:

"A player who has worked hard at his all-around game, but needs to gain more consistency"

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad