Official 2013 NHL Mock Draft

YARR123

Oct 30, 2010
Drouin 1st, interesting. He has been more visible in the WJCs so I guess I can see it.

I like how Ristolainen is bumped up to 6th, he was Finlands best defenseman on the WJC team while being the youngest of the bunch.

Tormentor

Dec 27, 2007
Too Far
Personally I see Lehkonen as more of a 2nd rounder, interesting that you rank him that highly.

I’m not sure if this has been mentioned before, but it would be nice to know a little bit of your background. For example, have you seen all the players on your list and how much scouting experience you have?

Scratchy

Nov 14, 2011
Drouin #1, not likely in my opinion. Nothing against him but GM's will take Jones and likely MacKinnon and Maybe Barkov first. Hopefully my Leafs are looking at guys with a 'never say die' attitude and not just what Burke wants.

Now that Burke is gone, I hope that channges the Leaf drafting dynamic to taking the best player available, skilled, good skater, great hockey sense, hates losing.

Last edited:

Scratchy

Nov 14, 2011
Well, for once I watched the Prospects game. More of a fire drill than a game, but there it is. MacKinnon looked good all game, Nurse, goalies were good, Lazar and Zykov disappeared a lot, a few guys made noise but didn't look good in an unstructured environment. Thoughts?

Scratchy

Nov 14, 2011
A few people are saying scouts are saying this draft is worse than 2012. Nope. Way more talent this year, just wait and see. Maybe a lot of 2nd liners and 2nd D men, not a ton of top shelf guys, but not as bad as some want to make it out.

Cory Trevor

Smokes, Let's go
Sep 23, 2009
Waltham
A few people are saying scouts are saying this draft is worse than 2012. Nope. Way more talent this year, just wait and see. Maybe a lot of 2nd liners and 2nd D men, not a ton of top shelf guys, but not as bad as some want to make it out.

Not bad on the necro search considering Drouin's recent play but I'm completely with you. I think there's going to be a lot of solid talent. Maybe not the high end high ceiling kind but alot of roster players.

Juxtaposer

Outro: Divina Comedia
Dec 21, 2009
Bay Area

It's "that time of year" again where people start to question the strength of the draft. This one's the real deal, I could see a lot of franchise players coming out of it. And I see depth of high end players, not depth of stars, but depth of top-6/top-4 players coming out of this draft. Obviously it's no 2003, but it's closer than there's been in a while.

ProScout

Oct 24, 2011
5th Installment for 2012-13 Version Released

(see original post on page 1.)

Last edited:

Scratchy

Nov 14, 2011
Stacking up to be quite a solid draft. I sure would like to see a few guys in action but likely won't, Pulock for one, a few forwards would be nice.

Scratchy

Nov 14, 2011
Too bad more of the top '13's didn't make the playoffs, it says a lot when you play in the playoffs (Just ask about Jarome Iginla!).

johnnystormcgy

May 26, 2007
If Calgary can kick start the rebuild with a:
MacKinnon/Drouin/Barkov/Lindholm
&
Morrisey/Hagg/Pulock
&
etc...........
I'll be happy as hell. Going to be probably the most exciting draft for Calgary Flames fans ever, especially since I believe the Flames have never drafted lower than 5th overall.

Gritty

Nov 28, 2011
If Calgary can kick start the rebuild with a:
MacKinnon/Drouin/Barkov/Lindholm
&
Morrisey/Hagg/Pulock
&
etc...........
I'll be happy as hell. Going to be probably the most exciting draft for Calgary Flames fans ever, especially since I believe the Flames have never drafted lower than 5th overall.

It's true. The highest this organization has ever drafted was 6th overall.

MacKinnon, Domi, Hägg is my dream draft with our picks...

Scratchy

Nov 14, 2011
As a Leaf fan I know they'll likely blow it, but getting Horvat, or Lazar, or Gauthier even in round 1, then Carrier in round 2 (assuming they don't trade them away) may be the best anyone can expect. I'd rather they draft skilled,hockey-sense guys with a strong work ethic, but they too often value size or speed over ability, brains, and work ethic. Too much to expect them to take Monohan or Domi if available.

ProScout

Oct 24, 2011
Final 2013 NHL Draft Rankings Released

(refer to original post on page 1 -- also note we've re-posted original list from Nov 2011)

Scratchy

Nov 14, 2011
Thanks ProScout. I figure Colorado may take Jones, but MacKinnon, Drouin, and Barkov all would make good choices. Who will my Leafs get? Better take effort guys with skill, and hockey sense. I hope they figure out who those guys are!

Top 6 Spaling

Jun 23, 2010
Smashville
1. COL-Jones
2. FLA-Mackinnon
3. TBL-Drouin

Barring a trade, this seems to be nearly a lock IMO. All of those are great fits. I hope it happens, because Barkov is exactly what the Preds need.

Scratchy

Nov 14, 2011
1. COL-Jones
2. FLA-Mackinnon
3. TBL-Drouin

Barring a trade, this seems to be nearly a lock IMO. All of those are great fits. I hope it happens, because Barkov is exactly what the Preds need.

Pretty much agree. I hope my Leafs get what they need (A 6"1' or so Doug Gilmour with Yanic Perreault hands and a Joe Sakic brain), but that's asking a lot.

Theon

No longer Reek
Jan 17, 2008
Stockholm
I'm willing to bet with anyone that Duclair falls in rankings this season. I see him dropping to the bottom of the 1st round and likely into the 2nd rounds.

Scouts aren't going to be enamoured with his lack of hockey sense.

Wow good call. Seeing him on 2nd and even 3rd in some mocks nowadays.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Monza vs Lazio
    Monza vs Lazio
    Wagers: 2
    Staked: $245.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • FC Köln vs Freiburg
    FC Köln vs Freiburg
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $370.00