Official 2013-2014 Trippisms Thread

Finnish Jerk Train

lol stupid mickey mouse organization
Apr 7, 2008
Raleigh
I'm convinced the whole reason he was talking about dandruff before the game was to set up John's Head and Shoulders pun.

HisIceness

This is Hurricanes Hockey
Sep 16, 2010
Charlotte
"Top cheese"

"That's a head scratcher John", "Well Tripp scratch away", "I will until there's nothing left"

Surrounded By Ahos

Las Vegas Desert Ducks Official Team Poster
Sponsor
May 24, 2008
Koko Miami
I'm tired and a bit loopy, but I definitely found Chantel's question to Lindholm during the second intermission way to funny...not that it was a bad question, I just have a dirty mind and ran away with it.

"How did you get in at that angle" indeed...

geehaad

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 24, 2006
If I hear Tripp say that the NHL has the best referees in the world one more time, my head is going to explode.

Guy

Feb 14, 2008
I think we can put Tripp's entire "Candi with an I" rant in here.

Blueline Bomber

AI Generated Minnesota Wild
Sponsor
Oct 31, 2007
All I remember about that rant is thinking that Tripp would be the type of person to fall in love with a stripper.

Vagrant

The Czech Condor
Feb 27, 2002
North Carolina
Visit site
What the **** was he on about?

I'm sure we've all met that guy in real life that thinks he's being far more subtle than he's actually being while attempting to patronize someone/something in a setting where it would be otherwise deemed inappropriate. Tripp was intentionally trying to draw attention to the fact that the person that won cool bars had a stripper name without coming out and saying exactly that, even though the insinuation was so overbearing and the belaboring so perpetual that what could have been considered a harmless quip devolved into.... whatever that was.

tl;dr Tripp gon Tripp

jg39

SFY is great
Aug 16, 2007
NC
Lost in all the Candi talk, wasn't Tripp going on about trench coats as well?

To be clear, I don't want anyone to recover something they may have blocked out, but it was still Tripp being Tripp.

garnetpalmetto

Jerkministrator
Jul 12, 2004
Durham, NC
Lost in all the Candi talk, wasn't Tripp going on about trench coats as well?

To be clear, I don't want anyone to recover something they may have blocked out, but it was still Tripp being Tripp.

Yup he was. The reference had to do with Tripp chiding Bellemore for only having a single coat - a trench coat.

TheBigKahuna

Dec 6, 2010
Canes Country
At the end of Hurricanes Live postgame show, Tripp says in regards to Skinner: "it's the smile that makes people get on their knees". I **** you not!

DaveG

Noted Jerk
Apr 7, 2003
Winston-Salem NC
Tripp has taken that step into creepy as hell a few times like that. The whole discussion about Muller's kids is a perfect example.

A Star is Burns

Formerly Azor Aho
Sponsor
Dec 6, 2011
If you guys are going to mention this stuff, please do give some kind of a recount for what was actually said. Some of this stuff sounds like gold.

Anton Dubinchuk

aho
Sponsor
Jul 18, 2010
Atlanta, GA
If you guys are going to mention this stuff, please do give some kind of a recount for what was actually said. Some of this stuff sounds like gold.

"And Peters has been doing a LOT of swallowing lately. His rebound control's really improved."

"I've met Muller's girls a couple of times, and I'd be happy to volunteer to babysit!"

Novacane

Jan 25, 2012
Raleigh, NC
At the end of Hurricanes Live postgame show, Tripp says in regards to Skinner: "it's the smile that makes people get on their knees". I **** you not!

That was hilarious. I don't know what's gotten into Tripp lately. I like it though. John and Tripp's back and forth banter makes the ****** games at least somewhat bearable to watch.

hctimo787

Apr 29, 2009
A normal person would've expanded on that comment by explaining that his kids are very well behaved or something to that effect, but Tripp has a knack for leaving those bits out so that we can all give each other that mutual "wtf is that supposed to mean" look 82 times a year.

Zezima

Jul 28, 2012
Charlotte, NC
I only watch Hurricanes games but I seriously doubt that there is any commentating tandem that rival John and Tripp's entertainment value. They play off each other so well, they're a genuine comedic duo. That on top of John being arguably the best play by play guy around? Watching NBC feeds are always a drag. Idk about you guys but as someone who rarely goes to live games I value them as much as an all-star player.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad