Official 2013-2014 Trippisms Thread

Joe McGrath

Oct 29, 2009
"Well you like what Harrison is trying to do there"..... Following some 3rd liner going between Harrison's legs to walk in alone.

spockBokk

Sep 8, 2013
"I still maintain that Alex Semin is more talented than Evegeni Malkin..."

"The Canes are still looking for that Watershed moment..."

geehaad

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 24, 2006
Tripp perpetuates Carolina Hurricanes fan base losing mentality and acceptance of it.

Tripp Tracy is nowhere near an exalted authority to, a guiding light for, or a clear reflection of the Carolina Hurricanes fan base. If you don't know this by now...:shakehead

And that is not a humble opinion.

golfpro827

Jun 30, 2013
Raleigh, NC
At least Tripp kinda knows what hes talking about.

The PA guy, Brian Hoyle, and the multiple in-arena hosts throughout the years are complete jokes.

They ruitinely bash player names and many other terrible things. I thoguht about starting an entire thread. I have about 10 names I've heard Hoyle screw up. At one point, it was a weekly thing.

geehaad

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 24, 2006
At least Tripp kinda knows what hes talking about.

The PA guy, Brian Hoyle, and the multiple in-arena hosts throughout the years are complete jokes.

They ruitinely bash player names and many other terrible things. I thoguht about starting an entire thread. I have about 10 names I've heard Hoyle screw up. At one point, it was a weekly thing.

This season, Tripp Tracy has routinely messed up Andrej Sekera's name by pronouncing it the way that he did previous to this season. Forslund made mention that Sekera himself corrected the 2 broadcasters prior to the season. Not saying that I give a pass to Hoyle, but if Tripp can't pronounce player names from his own team, clearly he's no better.

And Tripp doesn't know what he's talking about. That's clearly obvious through the many posts in this thread and other Trippism threads from previous years. He makes stupid comments because he's got time to fill and he doesn't know how to fill it.

golfpro827

Jun 30, 2013
Raleigh, NC
This season, Tripp Tracy has routinely messed up Andrej Sekera's name by pronouncing it the way that he did previous to this season. Forslund made mention that Sekera himself corrected the 2 broadcasters prior to the season. Not saying that I give a pass to Hoyle, but if Tripp can't pronounce player names from his own team, clearly he's no better.

And Tripp doesn't know what he's talking about. That's clearly obvious through the many posts in this thread and other Trippism threads from previous years. He makes stupid comments because he's got time to fill and he doesn't know how to fill it.

Hoyle has messed up many Hurricane players names....

get tanked

Apr 8, 2011
Rofleigh
I'm willing to cut Tripp some slack on the Sekera pronunciation. It's gotta be hard to remember it every time when every broadcaster in the league has been saying Se-CARE-uh for years. And honestly, Sekera's own pronunciation of his name doesn't sound much like either version. Tripp will never have Kaiton-level pronunciation, but at least he isn't calling the Jets the Thrashers anymore.

Re: Hoyle, I think he sounds a lot like the Rehabilitation announcer from "Idiocracy" when announcing canes' goals. Probably not exactly a compliment.

golfpro827

Jun 30, 2013
Raleigh, NC
Re: Hoyle, I think he sounds a lot like the Rehabilitation announcer from "Idiocracy" when announcing canes' goals. Probably not exactly a compliment.

He takes FOREVER to call them as well. Listen to other games. It's almost immediate. And the listen to the Canes.

And some penalities are never announced. And god don't let a penality ever be served by a player. No chance he gets that right.

PaulProteus

****ing amaxing dman
Feb 6, 2012
Raleigh, NC
Just a random, personal gripe because it came up in this thread under in-game entertainment and it was driving me particularly nuts last night in the arena, but I'm sick to death of Ron the Ref.

Sick, sick, sick.

He seems like a nice guy, but the schtick is just beyond old after watching it in person year after year.

Anton Dubinchuk

aho
Sponsor
Jul 18, 2010
Atlanta, GA
Just a random, personal gripe because it came up in this thread under in-game entertainment and it was driving me particularly nuts last night in the arena, but I'm sick to death of Ron the Ref.

Sick, sick, sick.

He seems like a nice guy, but the schtick is just beyond old after watching it in person year after year.

One of my friends who played for the Junior Canes back in the day says he's an absolutely terrible ref, as well.

garnetpalmetto

Jerkministrator
Jul 12, 2004
Durham, NC

Sick, sick, sick.

I'd still rather have Ron than the Bulls on-field host, Jatovi. Jatovi's a heck of a nice guy and it's hard to dislike him on a personal level, but his schtick...everybody who participates in promos is always "very/really excited" or "very/really nervous" and they always "need your help."

As for Hoyle, I'd rather him than that idjit who covered for him one game last year (want to say a late season Tampa Bay game) whose only behavior of note was SEVERELY mispronouncing names and making a show of headbanging along to "Diamond Eyes" at the start of the third period.

Random fact of the day.

Ron the Ref was Cappy in the Icecap days.

I'm assuming Cappy was the mascot? There's not much else to do when one's mascot days are far behind them. Unless you're Ted Giannoulas. Then you ride it for all it's worth until the day you die.

What the Faulk

You'll know when you go
May 30, 2005
North Carolina
If we're talking minor league baseball, the Grasshopper's guy is ridiculously bad. His name is Spazz IIRC (or something similar) and he sounds exactly as you'd expect. I believe he's an agent for one of the Kardashians as well.

But when Tripp messes up Sekara's name, it's not because he pronounces it the way it used to be pronounced. He adds an "A" in the first syllable for some reason and says Sakara. And how many people say Ger-Bay? I know Muller does, but he has that strong Canadian accent. Still, how do you not pronounce your own player's name correctly?

garnetpalmetto

Jerkministrator
Jul 12, 2004
Durham, NC
If we're talking minor league baseball, the Grasshopper's guy is ridiculously bad. His name is Spazz IIRC (or something similar) and he sounds exactly as you'd expect. I believe he's an agent for one of the Kardashians as well.

But when Tripp messes up Sekara's name, it's not because he pronounces it the way it used to be pronounced. He adds an "A" in the first syllable for some reason and says Sakara. And how many people say Ger-Bay? I know Muller does, but he has that strong Canadian accent. Still, how do you not pronounce your own player's name correctly?

Good lord. Don't even get me started on Spazz. Justhereforthefights knows just how much I detest him. Then again I'm that baseball fan - the guy who comes to the game with his scorecard (well a digital one now) who would love it if every game was a day game with no promotions to speak of.

golfpro827

Jun 30, 2013
Raleigh, NC
Screwing up ANY player name is 100% unacceptable.

Honestly, if I was charge, it would be instant termination.

You have two jobs Hoyle.

Announce Popcorn specials.
Get players names right

PaulProteus

****ing amaxing dman
Feb 6, 2012
Raleigh, NC
I'd still rather have Ron than the Bulls on-field host, Jatovi. Jatovi's a heck of a nice guy and it's hard to dislike him on a personal level, but his schtick...everybody who participates in promos is always "very/really excited" or "very/really nervous" and they always "need your help."

Ugh. Indeed.

I think you hit on something here, which is just my general dislike of in-game "promotions" and "entertainment," no matter who's doing it.

Joe McGrath

Oct 29, 2009
Ugh. Indeed.

I think you hit on something here, which is just my general dislike of in-game "promotions" and "entertainment," no matter who's doing it.

The local AA baseball team had a guy who was H20 Man or Hydration Man or something outrageously stupid like that. He was basically Duffman from the Simpsons but with water.

rocky7

DAT 13
Feb 9, 2013
God's country
Tripp Tracy is nowhere near an exalted authority to, a guiding light for, or a clear reflection of the Carolina Hurricanes fan base. If you don't know this by now...:shakehead

And that is not a humble opinion.

so you believe that the common hockey fan pays no heed to him? or commentator's analyses in general aren't viewed by most as gospel? I certainly do and evidence of it is all around us.

Joe McGrath

Oct 29, 2009
so you believe that the common hockey fan pays no heed to him? or commentator's analyses in general aren't viewed by most as gospel? I certainly do and evidence of it is all around us.

Dickie Dunn wrote that, it's gotta be true!

rocky7

DAT 13
Feb 9, 2013
God's country
"Well you like what Harrison is trying to do there"..... Following some 3rd liner going between Harrison's legs to walk in alone.

Jay Harrison while playing one less game is a plus 2 with 3 pts..

Jordan Staal is a minus 3 with 3 pts.

Old Harry is better than young Jordan at a fraction of the cost.:naughty:

Joe McGrath

Oct 29, 2009
Jay Harrison while playing one less game is a plus 2 with 3 pts..

Jordan Staal is a minus 3 with 3 pts.

Old Harry is better than young Jordan at a fraction of the cost.:naughty:

You could replace Harrison's name with Bobby Orr, it doesn't change how Tripp like the comment was.

rocky7

DAT 13
Feb 9, 2013
God's country

no kiddin eh? kirky's ignorance has no bounds, eh? :sarcasm:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->