Official 2012-2013 Florida Panthers Season Thread

Laus723

Graceful brutality
Sponsor
Jan 27, 2006
Wellington, FL
Then he needs to sit.. He did not move on the breakaway goal tuesday. He cant win a battle on the boards.

Hes a liability right now

Yeah I agree. Harvey also said he's almost never to be seen after games and practices, running from questions about re-signing and trade rumors. It's in his head, what he supposedly was trying to avoid. Love the guy and always will, but if he's not gonna stay around, please leave. If you are, please sign and put away the distraction.

TheImpatientPanther

Jan 17, 2013
Ontario, Canada
Let's say that we continue being bottom-dwellers in the league. Do you guys think this would cause Mules to think about not re-signing with us?

-ghoste

Very good point, I thought about that but I think Mueller likes playing with the younger guys and does see the "bright future" Florida has. Muller's only 24 so if he can stay healthy, i'd love to have him back for a couple years. We would be silly not to try and re-sign him for a minimum of 2 years in the off-season. $2.5 million/year would be my limit for him, he's quickly becoming a favourite for me on the team.

To extend your question, I'd be more worried about Theodore not wanting to re-sign, he's 37, knows he only has 1-2 years left, knows this team is 2-3 years away from being a consistent playoff contender which isnt a guarantee and ultimately, he probably wants a chance at a CUP. If we don't re-sign Theo, we are left with Marky and Clemmensen which leaves me with this feeling.................:eek:

FlaPnthrsPunk

Apr 17, 2006
Coral Springs, FL
Regarding Mueller, Jameson Cooper of PantherParkway.com wrote a good article about him today. Personally, if he stays healthy, I would love to see him stay and grow with the team's future as he's shown what he can bring with speed, grit, and skill.

However, if he stays healthy, he's good for about 50 points per season. With his contract up after this season, as the article makes a good point, Tyler Ennis whom is about on par to also score about 50 points a season signed a 2-year $2.8 per season contract with Buffalo. Also, with his history of concussion issues, is it possible for his symptoms to come back?

It's a bit of a risk, but I'm sure Panthers management has those factors to think about if they'e going to bring him back. I wouldn't mind seeing them think about a 2-3 year contract if things work out.

adam graves

Panther 20 yr sth
Feb 24, 2010
south florida
Regarding Mueller, Jameson Cooper of PantherParkway.com wrote a good article about him today. Personally, if he stays healthy, I would love to see him stay and grow with the team's future as he's shown what he can bring with speed, grit, and skill.

However, if he stays healthy, he's good for about 50 points per season. With his contract up after this season, as the article makes a good point, Tyler Ennis whom is about on par to also score about 50 points a season signed a 2-year $2.8 per season contract with Buffalo. Also, with his history of concussion issues, is it possible for his symptoms to come back?

It's a bit of a risk, but I'm sure Panthers management has those factors to think about if they'e going to bring him back. I wouldn't mind seeing them think about a 2-3 year contract if things work out.

his chemistry is wonderful with huby and shore, and the kid line will sell. Im hearing he likes soft (surprise surprise a 25 yo guy with $ like south beach) no state taxes, a coach he likes i think we get this done.

Everyone is one hit away from a bad concussion as weve learned.

ProjectPanthers

Podcast discussing the Florida Panthers
Mar 6, 2002
Towanna
linktr.ee
I hate this.

I keep calling out Weiss for poor play but then it always comes out that he has an injury.

We all know he's important to the team, but man JUST TAKE A BREAK.

He needs to take as much time as needed to recover. He's not helping at this point so sitting him for a week or two couldn't hurt that much. Let him fully recover instead of rushing it and come back strong to help this team out.

I feel like a jackass every time I say something and then this news comes out :laugh:

TheImpatientPanther

Jan 17, 2013
Ontario, Canada
Versteeg, Flash, Kulikov, Gudbranson, Mueller, Petrovic, Robak, Markstrom, Huberdeau, Shore, Bjugstad, Matthias, Skille are all under 30 years old. That is an amazing thing to smile at. Even Campbell is only 33. Weiss is only 29.

The players under 30 make up the core of the team that we need around for the long haul. Just think of when some of the older guys like Jovo, Weaver and Kuba are gone. Thats an extra $11-$12 million and throw in Upshall and Santorelli and you clear off another $5 million, $17million in the next 2 years collectively for all of them combined (incorporating a Jovo, Weaver and Kuba retiring and a buyout of Upshall). This team is young and we will have tons of cap space to re-sign the youngsters if need be years down the road. I don't see us running into salary cap issues like Tallon did in Chicago. I'm excited for the future, just wish the future was NOW :)

Last edited:

MillarWithASave

#CatsAreComing
Dec 12, 2011
Melbourne, FL
Who knows how legit this is, The Fourth Period is a lot like Eklund, they are right when they announce news, but they are iffy with their rumors.

Several other teams, though, are also eyeing O'Reilly, including the Toronto Maple Leafs, Florida Panthers, New York Islanders, Philadelphia Flyers and Winnipeg Jets.

LUUUUUIS

Nov 2, 2011
Florida
This might sound crazy... but I think I see a pattern emerging... 0 goals, 5 goals, 0 goals, 5 goals. It's like the guys are getting into a rhythm. If we keep this up we'll be out of the playoffs and the lottery by April. Huzzah! :sarcasm:

LUUUUUIS

Nov 2, 2011
Florida
This might sound crazy... but I think I see a pattern emerging... 0 goals, 5 goals, 0 goals, 5 goals. It's like the guys are getting into a rhythm. If we keep this up we'll be out of the playoffs and the lottery by April. Huzzah! :sarcasm:

.... and now 0 goals. I'm on to something here!

Randy BoBandy

Cheeseburger Party
May 9, 2011
Sunnyvale
Whats up with Fleischmann? Is he playing that bad and a demotion to the 3rd line was warranted or is it a line shakeup to try and get some scoring going? I hope Versteeg can get healthy, could really use him out there.

ProjectPanthers

Podcast discussing the Florida Panthers
Mar 6, 2002
Towanna
linktr.ee
Whats up with Fleischmann? Is he playing that bad and a demotion to the 3rd line was warranted or is it a line shakeup to try and get some scoring going? I hope Versteeg can get healthy, could really use him out there.

Line shake up because this team sucks.

Him and Hubs have been are only decent offensive threats this season.

SoupyFIN

#OneTerritory
Nov 7, 2011
Also Markie to wear #35 from now on.

Smithson probably walks on July so he can get his old #25 back.

Jan 19, 2006
My goals for the season:

1. Productivity & growth from Huberdeau/Shore/Mueller line. Would like to see Huberdeau finish with at least 0.7 ppg.
2. Flashes of brilliance from Markstrom (with some expected growing pains and lumps taken because of bad team defense.) Would like to see a high save % and decent GAA.
3. Top 6 pick

Dread Clawz

LAWSonic Boom
Nov 25, 2006
Pennsylvania
Did anyone see Bobby Mac on NHL network last night? They were talking about rumors from around the league, and Bob said that Florida could undergo a youth movement soon. He said if we don't turn it around in the next 7-10 days, some expensive players will be on the move. He specifically said Weiss. He said Tallon will keep his core intact like Huberdeau, Shore, Mueller, and Kulikov. The other players I'm guessing will be shopped are Flash, Steeg, Bergy, Upshall, Kovalev, Goc, Weaver, Theodore, Clemmer, and Kuba. Obviously not all of them would be traded. Interesting though, I didn't expect Tallon would do a total blow up like that.

adam graves

Panther 20 yr sth
Feb 24, 2010
south florida
My goals for the season:

1. Productivity & growth from Huberdeau/Shore/Mueller line. Would like to see Huberdeau finish with at least 0.7 ppg.
2. Flashes of brilliance from Markstrom (with some expected growing pains and lumps taken because of bad team defense.) Would like to see a high save % and decent GAA.
3. Top 6 pick

1) check
2) hold
3) oh oh

RainingRats

Dec 28, 2008
Did anyone see Bobby Mac on NHL network last night? They were talking about rumors from around the league, and Bob said that Florida could undergo a youth movement soon. He said if we don't turn it around in the next 7-10 days, some expensive players will be on the move. He specifically said Weiss. He said Tallon will keep his core intact like Huberdeau, Shore, Mueller, and Kulikov. The other players I'm guessing will be shopped are Flash, Steeg, Bergy, Upshall, Kovalev, Goc, Weaver, Theodore, Clemmer, and Kuba. Obviously not all of them would be traded. Interesting though, I didn't expect Tallon would do a total blow up like that.

The young guys are pulling their weight. I'd love to blow this team up if we can get young quality pieces for some of our guys. Only guy I'd really want to keep is Flash.

Dread Clawz

LAWSonic Boom
Nov 25, 2006
Pennsylvania
The young guys are pulling their weight. I'd love to blow this team up if we can get young quality pieces for some of our guys. Only guy I'd really want to keep is Flash.

Flash is OK, I know he's a good scorer but he doesn't play defense at all. He's probably the most attractive piece we have that we'd shop though. I wouldn't mind re-tooling our team in free agency with bigger and more physical forwards.

RainingRats

Dec 28, 2008
Flash is OK, I know he's a good scorer but he doesn't play defense at all. He's probably the most attractive piece we have that we'd shop though. I wouldn't mind re-tooling our team in free agency with bigger and more physical forwards.

He's a defensive liability for sure but with the right line mates, he'll give us 55-60 points and he stays healthy. But yeah, a team like Pittsburgh would probably love to have him.

We have a lot of attractive pieces. I'd love to move Versteeg. He;s a guy who if you put him on the wing with a legit #1 center could light it up.

Dread Clawz

LAWSonic Boom
Nov 25, 2006
Pennsylvania
He's a defensive liability for sure but with the right line mates, he'll give us 55-60 points and he stays healthy. But yeah, a team like Pittsburgh would probably love to have him.

We have a lot of attractive pieces. I'd love to move Versteeg. He;s a guy who if you put him on the wing with a legit #1 center could light it up.

Pittsburgh would probably give us a 1st for him. They'll probably be drafting 25-30 so there's more incentive for them to give up the 1st. With the way Steeger is playing, he'll probably get us a 2nd+prospect or a B prospect at most.

RainingRats

Dec 28, 2008
Pittsburgh would probably give us a 1st for him. They'll probably be drafting 25-30 so there's more incentive for them to give up the 1st. With the way Steeger is playing, he'll probably get us a 2nd+prospect or a B prospect at most.

We might not get a lot for Versteeg but we wont have to worry about his contract.

Dread Clawz

LAWSonic Boom
Nov 25, 2006
Pennsylvania
We might not get a lot for Versteeg but we wont have to worry about his contract.

Oh yeah, I'm not saying we shouldn't trade him. If he doesn't turn it around, that contract could become an albatross. If we don't turn it around this week, I'd wouldn't mind trading off as many vets as is feasible to still ice a 21 man roster and loading up for yet another monster draft.

TheImpatientPanther

Jan 17, 2013
Ontario, Canada

I don't see Versteeg, Goc, Flash or Theodore going anywhere anytime soon. Upshall, Kovalev and Kuba will be nearly impossible to move. I see Weiss and Weiss only as a major move this year. Weiss' trade value keeps going down every game he plays this season. Weaver is fine here for the rest of the year, 6pts so far is not bad for $1.1 million a year. I wouldn't be opposed to a 1yr deal for Weaver in the off-season.

Versteeg is just entering year 1 of a 4 year deal. I'd like to keep him, I know he hasn't shown the ability he did most of last year but he's been injured pretty much the whole year. He is healing up and will turn up the point production when he's back. Weiss and Flash are just not producing like we know they can. Flash needs to work on his breakaways as evident in tonight's game.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad