Office of Strategic Planning - Tank Talk 2.0

Status
Not open for further replies.

DANOZ28

May 22, 2012
nearest bar MN
BG got a haul for a Zucker. Out of everything he’s done, that trade was the best. Not really sure how you could be upset with it.
explain to me how we got a "haul"? we LOST a 25 goal scorer for maybe an nhl D & maybe a pick that 3 years from now plays in the nhl. i call it a hope & a prayer for a solid nhl player. the odds are we lost this trade. keep showering guerin with praise , someday you'll see the light.

AKL

Danila Yurov Fan Club President
Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
explain to me how we got a "haul"? we LOST a 25 goal scorer for maybe an nhl D & maybe a pick that 3 years from now plays in the nhl. i call it a hope & a prayer for a solid nhl player. the odds are we lost this trade. keep showering guerin with praise , someday you'll see the light.
What do you think we should have gotten for Zucker? Let's pretend for the sake of this conversation that keeping him wasn't an option.

DANOZ28

May 22, 2012
nearest bar MN
25goal scorer on the team helping us now vs 2 or 3 years maybe somebody suits up for the wild?

Last edited by a moderator:

Spurgeon

Nov 25, 2014
MinneSNOWta

And if Addison turns into a Top 4 D and that unprotected pick is 10th or better, then what? It was a trade for picks and prospects because this team couldn’t afford Zucker with all of these winger contracts next year.

HotDish

Win it for Hynes
Aug 17, 2020
The State of Hockey
What do you think we should have gotten for Zucker? Let's pretend for the sake of this conversation that keeping him wasn't an option.
I'm only mad that Fenton chicken out of Nino and Zucker for Domi and Dvorak. Of course at the time the fanbase was crucifying him on twitter for it. Looking back now that trade would've done wonders for our center depth. Still a 1c away but Domi/JEE/Dvorak make for good 2-3cs

AKL

Danila Yurov Fan Club President
Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
I'm only mad that Fenton chicken out of Nino and Zucker for Domi and Dvorak. Of course at the time the fanbase was crucifying him on twitter for it. Looking back now that trade would've done wonders for our center depth. Still a 1c away but Domi/JEE/Dvorak make for good 2-3cs

Do you know Fenton was the one that backed out?

HotDish

Win it for Hynes
Aug 17, 2020
The State of Hockey
Do you know Fenton was the one that backed out?
I vaguely remember hearing the issue was once the trade got leaked to the public by Russo, Fenton got mad and backed out of the deal. I can’t say where I remember hearing that from.

I’ll try and ask russo in his next mail bag/podcast and see if there is any merit in that story. With how Fenton reacted to things getting leaked I wouldn’t be surprised.

2Pair

Oct 8, 2017
I vaguely remember hearing the issue was once the trade got leaked to the public by Russo, Fenton got mad and backed out of the deal. I can’t say where I remember hearing that from.

I’ll try and ask russo in his next mail bag/podcast and see if there is any merit in that story. With how Fenton reacted to things getting leaked I wouldn’t be surprised.
Keep in mind that everything that we think we know about Fenton, we learned from Russo. Who is a dbag that didn't get along with Fenton and has been proven to have made up a handful of BS about Fenton before.

DeagleJenkins

Jul 17, 2018
Minnesota

I do recall Ennis being attached to that deal made Arizona not want to do it. Unsure which team officially said no but it wasn’t just those four swapping he wanted to dump ennis also

HotDish

Win it for Hynes
Aug 17, 2020
The State of Hockey
Keep in mind that everything that we think we know about Fenton, we learned from Russo. Who is a dbag that didn't get along with Fenton and has been proven to have made up a handful of BS about Fenton before.
while i agree that russo may of exaggerated some details. Fenton was a dbag plus made some Colossal stupid decisions.

2Pair

Oct 8, 2017
while i agree that russo may of exaggerated some details. Fenton was a dbag plus made some Colossal stupid decisions.
I have no doubt that Fenton was an a-hole. I'm just pointing out that taking everything that Russo says as fact is a really bad idea. Fenton certainly had some bad moves, he also did more positive things for the Wild than Guerin has to this point.

Dr Jan Itor

Dec 10, 2009
MinneSNOWta
What do we think would be a good over/under as far as wins against Colorado, Vegas and St. Louis go (24 games)? Because I think I'm sitting at 5.5 right now.

16thOverallSaveUs

Danila Yurov Fan Club Executive Assistant
May 2, 2018
What do we think would be a good over/under as far as wins against Colorado, Vegas and St. Louis go (24 games)? Because I think I'm sitting at 5.5 right now.
I would take the over on that. I start to transition at aroun 8.5.

16thOverallSaveUs

Danila Yurov Fan Club Executive Assistant
May 2, 2018
Aatu Raty (Ah-Too Rah-Too) is a very intruiging player. He is extremely talented and a centerman. He’s been having a tough go this year statistically but this is a player with a really good toolkit and might be an interesting option if our pick ends up in the 7-12 range. That’s about where I’d bet on it ending up, too. We’re 5-4, if we win 9/24 against STL, COL, VGK, and continue to go .600 against the rest, we’ll end at about 56 points. A point per game team usually picks in about that range.

chchelseII

Sep 24, 2014
I don’t think we have to worry about the tank in this disastrous year. Geurin trades two centers and doesn’t secure suitable replacements. One of the players he traded one of the centers for, in an effort to get good character guys, is a gutless puke. Rossi out. Dumba’s injury looked bad and Brad Hunt is our 7th D. Coach looks woefully overmatched. I don’t know if I can watch any more of this. It’s embarrassing.

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
Hunt has been our 6/7 D for two years before this. He seems to be the new punching bag around here, but he has barely played. We are not losing because of Brad Hunt.
hard to argue about some of the other points.

It's hard to execute a true tank with the defense we have, though.

chchelseII

Sep 24, 2014
I don’t think Hunt is an NHL player. I think the bigger problem is somehow we don’t have a single player in the system that can replace him? Someone who should be given a shot to show what they can do at this level?

guitarhunterdude

Jan 2, 2017
'Sota
It's hard to execute a true tank with the defense we have, though.

We're totally setting up for a patented Wild middling pick in a bad year on a team that has no real hope of competing. Pittsburgh absolutely has no business not being terrible but you just know they're going to do about the same. Hail mediocrity.

I don’t think Hunt is an NHL player. I think the bigger problem is somehow we don’t have a single player in the system that can replace him? Someone who should be given a shot to show what they can do at this level?

I think we absolutely should be trying to either see if Belpedio is worth keeping around at all or raising his value, but Guerin and Evason are both hacks. Leipold's a f***ing moron when it comes to hires, and his meddling means that any decent GM-to-be wouldn't touch this job with a ten-foot pole.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad