OT: Off Topic XXI - It's the End of the World As We Know It (and I feel fine)

crackdown44

Cold milk cools down hot food
Dec 1, 2017
I got my second dose today. Pharmacist told me that side effects in second dose are often worse than the first dose.

10-14 more days till the Pfi-G firmware update finishes installing. :)

Does this mean I can expect to feel an even bigger urge to buy Microsoft products after my second dose?

Reactions: Johnny Hoxville

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012
Yes. Microsoft products are Gateway products... That prick...
You are correct, the first pirated program I ever put on a computer was Windows XP, because ME sucked. Now I don't pay for any computer program.

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012
Has anyone seen that Ted Lasso show on Apple+? It looks like it could be amusing.

crackdown44

Cold milk cools down hot food
Dec 1, 2017
Has anyone seen that Ted Lasso show on Apple+? It looks like it could be amusing.

I have not but I have heard nothing but good things. Like exceedingly good things

Allegedly it’s hilarious but there’s also more to it than just comedy?

Reactions: Fig

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012
I have not but I have heard nothing but good things. Like exceedingly good things

Allegedly it’s hilarious but there’s also more to it than just comedy?
I've just seen the Apple+ commercial where they have clips from the new Jason Mamoa show with it, but the clip where he's like "How's that offside? No really, how is that offside? I don't understand" cracks me up.

Speaking of Apple+ shows, The Morning Show with Jennifer Aniston, Reese Witherspoon and Steve Carrell is excellent, really touches on all sides of the #metoo movement and the aftermath. They manage to do it without marginalizing the movement IMO.

Corpus X

Wearing Stanley's cup.
May 24, 2014
Calgary
Apple is too 'woke' most of the time for me to stomach it. Mythic Quest is borderline but my IASIP joy seeps into it.

Jason Momoa can FO. That A-Hole is going down.

download (3).gif

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012
That gif is sick as f***.

I only mentioned his name because I never cared to learn the name of the show. I don't think I have actually seen anything he's been in. As for Apple+ being too woke, I dunno, but I still recommend The Morning Show, they straddled the line very well, as I mentioned they don't marginalize the movement, but they also don't really over-villainize Steve Carrell's character. It's just a very god show about an important issue. The acting is really top notch, with a good cast as well, in addition to Witherspoon, Aniston and Carrell, they have Billy Crudup, Mark Duplass (the most underrated man in hollywood IMO), Gugu Mbatha-Raw (the new love of my love), Bel Powley and Nestor Carbonell.

Corpus X

Wearing Stanley's cup.
May 24, 2014
Calgary
You are more than welcome to believe it's a "fake groping video". I do not. The touching and reactions are authentic and the only thing manipulated in the gif is the filler. There is a "doctored" gif which repeats the motion several times to which this article is referring to and that, however, is not the one I submitted.

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012
You are more than welcome to believe it's a "fake groping video". I do not. The touching and reactions are authentic and the only thing manipulated in the gif is the filler. There is a "doctored" gif which repeats the motion several times to which this article is referring to and that, however, is not the one I submitted.
Maybe I'm naive, but I have my doubts he's going to intentionally grope his daughter in front of a shit load of reporters at a planned event

DCDM

Da Rink Cats
Mar 24, 2008
Calgary
Anyways...

I have yet to watch Ted Lasso or The Morning Show but both are on my watch list because I've heard great things about both.

Mythic Quest started out looking like just another workplace comedy but this season has taken it to another level altogether. The amount of depth that's been added to every character (even the ones you might consider secondary) has really been enjoyable to watch. The current arc with CW is some of the best storytelling I've seen from any show.

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012
Anyways...

I have yet to watch Ted Lasso or The Morning Show but both are on my watch list because I've heard great things about both.

Mythic Quest started out looking like just another workplace comedy but this season has taken it to another level altogether. The amount of depth that's been added to every character (even the ones you might consider secondary) has really been enjoyable to watch. The current arc with CW is some of the best storytelling I've seen from any show.
I just assumed based on the name, Mythic Quest was some show based on a video game, so I've never even checked out a trailer. Thanks for pointing out it isn't.

DCDM

Da Rink Cats
Mar 24, 2008
Calgary
I just assumed based on the name, Mythic Quest was some show based on a video game, so I've never even checked out a trailer. Thanks for pointing out it isn't.
It is in the sense that they work at a game development studio. And most of the story lines in season 1 revolve around "what they should/shouldn't do to the game; hijincks ensue." But as I said it really does step it up later on and into season 2.

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012
It is in the sense that they work at a game development studio. And most of the story lines in season 1 revolve around "what they should/shouldn't do to the game; hijincks ensue." But as I said it really does step it up later on and into season 2.
That explains the title, but that sounds palatable to me; I was imagining another Witcher or something.

DCDM

Da Rink Cats
Mar 24, 2008
Calgary
That explains the title, but that sounds palatable to me; I was imagining another Witcher or something.
I thought the same too initially lol. For me once I saw it had Danny Pudi in it I figured I had to give it a shot.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad