OT: Off Topic XXI - It's the End of the World As We Know It (and I feel fine)

Johnny Hoxville

The Return of a Legend
Jul 15, 2006
Calgary
I think we should try and get Gray from Colorado too, because we need rotation help, basically a 3 man rotation is not going to be sustainable.

Gray would be a good target. I was confused at why Walker was not brought back. I really liked Matz at the start, but he’s struggled a bit of late.

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012
Gray would be a good target. I was confused at why Walker was not brought back. I really liked Matz at the start, but he’s struggled a bit of late.
I know you're a big Matz fan, lol. But his last start wasn't so bad, even when bad he's still been better than he was with the Mets. I wish we'd kept Taijuan as well, he was a gamer for us after picking him up, and I think he wanted to stay.

Reactions: Johnny Hoxville

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012
While true, going to the twelfth inning at home is an offensive indictment, not a pitching issue.
I'd argue giving up 9 runs all runs scoring on home runs is absolutely an indictment of pitching.

Also was not a fan of then having Espinal bunt in extras when the corners were way in, especially with 2 strikes.

Anglesmith

Setting up the play?
Sep 17, 2012
Victoria
I'd argue giving up 9 runs all runs scoring on home runs is absolutely an indictment of pitching.
Yeah, true, but while a road team needs to somewhat play for two runs in extra innings, the home team should be able to get the runner home when that is all they need. Missing one chance is acceptable. Missing twice is less so IMO.

Wasting leadoff doubles always grinds my gears though.

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012
Yeah, true, but while a road team needs to somewhat play for two runs in extra innings, the home team should be able to get the runner home when that is all they need. Missing one chance is acceptable. Missing twice is less so IMO.

Wasting leadoff doubles always grinds my gears though.
Yeah it sucks, but that game never should have hit extras. Just like Dolis should have never been in a position to blow a save last night.

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012
This is where I hate analytics, Romano should be out there not Bergen. Don't get cute, get your best arm on the mound.

Anglesmith

Setting up the play?
Sep 17, 2012
Victoria
I saw it coming, but it's like saying shutout
Fair. The way I'd characterize this streak is that basically it doesn't matter what happens for 8 innings. They're going to find a way to turn it into a loss.

For what it's worth, they did put their best arm on the mound for the save... and he went full potato.

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012
Bergen walks 3 in a row and you keep him in the f***ing game? What the f*** is Montoyo doing

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad