Not really a baseball fan :laugh:

I have been to
Fenway
Oakland Coliseum(a **** hole)

Artemis

Took the red pill
Dec 8, 2010
Mount Olympus
Back when we were actually taking family vacations, we made it a point to take in a game in the city we visited. We saw games in Toronto, Philly (Citizen's Bank Park), Phoenix, and Shea Stadium. I've also seen games in Veteran's Stadium (Philly), New Yankee Stadium, Fenway, Camden Yards, Angel's Stadium, Dodger's Stadium, Candlestick, Jack Murphy Stadium (old San Diego) and Oakland Coliseum. The last one that's REALLY on my bucket list is Wrigley Field.

I like your idea of hitting a bunch of them all in one road trip. But if I were to do that, it would be more likely to be a hockey road trip...

The (relatively) new San Diego park (Petco) is beautiful. We went out there a few years back, stayed in the Gaslight District. That was a fun vacation. Also been to Toronto (where my husband's cousin lives) and Baltimore (my brother lives in Marlyand).

I'd love to take a baseball or hockey vacation but my husband isn't a fan of either sport, so we combine with family visits or other vacations (San Diego is a great place to visit).

A couple of Internet friends I play fantasy hockey with went to Russia on a hockey vacation and had a blast. I'd love to do that.

Bi Coastal Bawse*

Oh and I went to whatever the Mariners stadium is so I guess 3 Baseball stadiums.

Hawgood_38

Season Tix since '97
Sep 3, 2002
Pumping tires
Visit site
One summer I would love to take a road trip and hit most of the baseball stadiums along the east coast.

The wife and I are also trying to get to the NHL arenas. The 2012 road schedule was great. Got to Chicago and Toronto for weekend games and then did the West Coast swing with the team when they played San Jose on Thursday, LA Saturday and Anaheim on Sunday. The drive down Route 1 is really unbelievable and I'd highly recommend it to anyone.

We've been to:
Boston Garden
TD Garden
Madison Square Garden
Mellon Arena (Pitt)
Wells Fargo Center (Philly)
First Niagara Center (Buff)
Verizon Center (Wash)
Bell Centre (Montreal)
Air Canada Centre (Toronto)
United Center (Chicago)
Xcel Energy Center (Minny)
Phillips Arena (Atlanta)
BB&T Arena (Panthers)
Tampa Bay Times Forum
SAP Center at San Jose
Staples Center (LA)
Honda Center (Anaheim)

This year we're probably looking to do trips to the Islanders and Avalanche games and maybe a return to Washington to see the Caps game.

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
Wow this ear thing has me cranky- I'm like a ray of sunshine and it feels weird wanting to rip the heads off of small cute animals (I kid) and Kate, Joe is a good guy I been with him a bunch of times and he is obnoxious believe it or not, but less when he drinks. I on the other hand am much nicer in person Ali will vouch (well maybe)- I'm more obnoxious here hiding behind the internet

Hawgood_38

Season Tix since '97
Sep 3, 2002
Pumping tires
Visit site
Back when we were actually taking family vacations, we made it a point to take in a game in the city we visited. We saw games in Toronto, Philly (Citizen's Bank Park), Phoenix, and Shea Stadium. I've also seen games in Veteran's Stadium (Philly), New Yankee Stadium, Fenway, Camden Yards, Angel's Stadium, Dodger's Stadium, Candlestick, Jack Murphy Stadium (old San Diego) and Oakland Coliseum. The last one that's REALLY on my bucket list is Wrigley Field.

I like your idea of hitting a bunch of them all in one road trip. But if I were to do that, it would be more likely to be a hockey road trip...

Which was your favorite?

Mine is PNC in Pittsburgh. Great views, cheap seats, low attendance so it's not crowded and tons of great food options. You can actually get a big bucket of wings. Tasty!

Glove Malfunction

Ference is my binky
Jan 1, 2009
Pleasantly warm, AZ
Which was your favorite?

Mine is PNC in Pittsburgh. Great views, cheap seats, low attendance so it's not crowded and tons of great food options. You can actually get a big bucket of wings. Tasty!

I grew up in SoCal as an Angel's fan, so Angel Stadium will always have a special place in my heart. Fenway too, but the childhood memories will always trump all.

Outside of the sentimental ones, I think Citizen's Bank park was my favorite. It was an extremely well-executed design.

Kate08

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 30, 2010
Wow this ear thing has me cranky- I'm like a ray of sunshine and it feels weird wanting to rip the heads off of small cute animals (I kid) and Kate, Joe is a good guy I been with him a bunch of times and he is obnoxious believe it or not, but less when he drinks. I on the other hand am much nicer in person Ali will vouch (well maybe)- I'm more obnoxious here hiding behind the internet

I don't think he's creepy. I think the fact that he was correct after taking a shot in the dark is creepy.

Kate08

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 30, 2010
The only thing I care about in terms of this whole royal baby ******** is how in the **** does Kate Middleton look so hot after giving birth to a child?

Giant girl crush. GIANT.

Bi Coastal Bawse*

Facebook suggested I like "People" who had a big picture and write up about the royal baby up there.

Great suggesting cuz my FB postings definitely point to me giving a **** about the royal baby :laugh:

BMC

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2003
The Quiet Corner
The only thing I care about in terms of this whole royal baby ******** is how in the **** does Kate Middleton look so hot after giving birth to a child?

Giant girl crush. GIANT.

Honestly I think one reason she looked so good when she was expecting is she is a tall woman- she didn't end up looking like a Weeble the way shorter women do when they're pregnant.

Plus I'm sure she had an entire staff of people helping her with her hair, make up, clothes etc. today.

LSCII

Cup driven
Mar 1, 2002
Central MA

Giant girl crush. GIANT.

It's easy to not gain that much weight when you have all your meals prepared for you by a chef that is also making sure what you have is nutritious. Just like it's easy for them to raise the kid, since they'll have round the clock nanny coverage, and won't have to deal with the regular tribulations most first time parents face. Just like it will be easy for her to drop all the weight, since she'll have a team of people pushing her, and all the free time in the world to work out.

They say money can't buy happiness, but it can certainly allow you to hire people to take care of the mundane, dreary day to day **** that most people have to deal with.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad