OT: Off Topic Thread-Why does it take 45 minutes for a pizza

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bi Coastal Bawse*

Just hugged my dog and told her growing old sucks.

She used to bark at something and go bonkers outside chasing it or chasing it while it ran along the fence.

Now she just barks and casually strolls to the door and stares at it.

Hardly goes outside anymore

TD Charlie

Sep 10, 2007
It was this post that caused me to post the other one about my relationships being mostly based on abusive humor. (Was going to post something about being able to take it too, but I just know how that would go...:laugh:)

Since when have you ever been bashful about taking it?

GloryDaze4877

Barely Irrelevant
Jun 27, 2006
The Sticks (West MA)
Ok, it's not just me. I feel a little better. :laugh:

God knows I'm all for a little flirtatious innuendo now and again, but every so often you see/read something that just kinda has the effect of seeing that fun, flirty flow run headlong into a brick wall.

This is one of those times. Or I'm just getting tame with age.

Holy overreaction Batman!!

Christ, it's not like I was outside her bedroom window or something. I don't frequent a lot of message boards, but I can't be the only one that tries building a mental image of the people we are interacting with before we actually meet them. That's all I was doing. I am a big flirt as well, so when you combine the two practices maybe it comes off a little creepy. If so, I apologize, because that was not he intent. I have met several HFers in person an have gotten to know DKH fairly well, and hopefully he would tell you that I am not creepy at all in person.

Obnoxious? Yes. Creepy? I hope not :laugh:

Rhoshambeau

May 21, 2010
Northern Connecticut
I've been to

Angel Stadium of Anaheim
Busch Stadium
Coors Field
Dodger Stadium
Fenway Park
Kauffman Stadium
Petco Park
Tropicana Field
U.S. Cellular Field
Wrigley Field
Yankee Stadium ( old )
Shea Stadium
Metrodome

qc

Aug 23, 2011
One summer I would love to take a road trip and hit most of the baseball stadiums along the east coast.

My cousin did that after graduating from BU and he had the time of his life. I remember him mentioning the extreme (albeit obvious) variance in expenses from city to city. He got wasted and took in a game at PNC for like 35 dollars total, only to pay 35 dollars for a decent parking spot in the next city (I think it was Cincy). :laugh:

Kate08

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 30, 2010

Christ, it's not like I was outside her bedroom window or something. I don't frequent a lot of message boards, but I can't be the only one that tries building a mental image of the people we are interacting with before we actually meet them. That's all I was doing. I am a big flirt as well, so when you combine the two practices maybe it comes off a little creepy. If so, I apologize, because that was not he intent. I have met several HFers in person an have gotten to know DKH fairly well, and hopefully he would tell you that I am not creepy at all in person.

Wait....that wasn't you?

:help:

Glove Malfunction

Ference is my binky
Jan 1, 2009
Pleasantly warm, AZ
One summer I would love to take a road trip and hit most of the baseball stadiums along the east coast.

Back when we were actually taking family vacations, we made it a point to take in a game in the city we visited. We saw games in Toronto, Philly (Citizen's Bank Park), Phoenix, and Shea Stadium. I've also seen games in Veteran's Stadium (Philly), New Yankee Stadium, Fenway, Camden Yards, Angel's Stadium, Dodger's Stadium, Candlestick, Jack Murphy Stadium (old San Diego) and Oakland Coliseum. The last one that's REALLY on my bucket list is Wrigley Field.

I like your idea of hitting a bunch of them all in one road trip. But if I were to do that, it would be more likely to be a hockey road trip...

Last edited:

Kate08

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 30, 2010
I've been to:

Fenway (obvi)
old Yankee Stadium
Camden Yards
Tropicana
Ballpark at Arlington
Dodger Stadium

Bi Coastal Bawse*

Today is the first date of a tour featuring 2 bands with a bunch of people I know. Even though it is just a few north west dates it's good to see people I know follow their dreams.

Minny Shinny

Dec 23, 2011
probably at the airport

Don't worry about it. God knows we all build mental images of each other by picturing what we wear to bed. I always wanted to know who's still wearing their Incredible Hulk and Wonder Woman underroos. I may start a poll.

I've spent a part of the morning getting my head shrunk by my internet therapist and we've deduced it's my inherent Midwesterness coming out.

I could go into the discussion of perception vs. reality, but I don't care that much anymore. :laugh: I've moved onto bigger and better topics, like the Rubber Ducky song from Sesame Street.

Kate08

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 30, 2010
Am I going to get tornado'd on?

NECN‏@NECN2m
Severe thunderstorm warning in effect in parts of #Norfolk and #Suffolk Counties in Mass. until 2:30 p.m., could produce short-lived tornado

Hawgood_38

Season Tix since '97
Sep 3, 2002
Pumping tires
Visit site

Here's where I'm at so far:
Fenway
Olympic Stadium (Expos)
Rogers Centre (Jays)
Yankee Stadium (Old and New)
Shea (Mets)
Veterans (Phillies)
Citizens Park (Phillies)
Three Rivers (Pirates)
PNC Park (Pirates)
Camden (Orioles)
Nationals Park (Nationals)