OT: Off Topic Thread-Why does it take 45 minutes for a pizza

Status
Not open for further replies.

Soli

Supervision Required
Sep 8, 2005
Cause they know they have the market cornered.

I hate NY Pizza cause they don't care about their customers, Upper Crust's revival has a noticeable dip in quality, and the Papa Johns and Dominos of Boston are what they are. I order from a place around South End these days, kinda greasy but it does hit the spot.

... Totally burning through Foodler looking for dinner right now.

Alicat

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2005
Boston
Lonnie have you detached yourself from Lou's zipper yet? :D:naughty:

someone had to start the thread off right...

JRull86

Jan 28, 2009
South Shore
On the topic of pizza, if anyone's ever on Main Street in Plymouth, I highly suggest checking out the Pie Hole.

Alicat

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2005
Boston
Cause they know they have the market cornered.

I hate NY Pizza cause they don't care about their customers, Upper Crust's revival has a noticeable dip in quality, and the Papa Johns and Dominos of Boston are what they are. I order from a place around South End these days, kinda greasy but it does hit the spot.

... Totally burning through Foodler looking for dinner right now.
We have a new member of the OT?? Welcome to the bleep show!

Soli

Supervision Required
Sep 8, 2005
We have a new member of the OT?? Welcome to the bleep show!

OT? I thought this was an actual discussion about pizza...

Just passing through. Moving out of Boston next month. Been a good 5 years. I probably should have stopped by sooner. :laugh:

Minny Shinny

Dec 23, 2011
probably at the airport
OT? I thought this was an actual discussion about pizza...

Just passing through. Moving out of Boston next month. Been a good 5 years. I probably should have stopped by sooner. :laugh:

If it's not about sexual innuendo, metal t-shirts, then it's probably about food, so you'll hit for average at least.

L Street Diner (not Tavern) has the best thin-crust pizza in the city.

Alicat

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2005
Boston
I had California Pizza Kitchen tonight. I was disappointed. They forgot the parmesan cheese on the parmesan crust :(

Bi Coastal Bawse*

Out of boredom and hunger I made 3 pizzas last night. I ate some and my friend ate some today when he came over. Also made them because my father is coming home tonight from Boston. He probably ate lots of pizza out there tho.

Minny Shinny

Dec 23, 2011
probably at the airport
Of course you can't be La Hacienda. A person cannot be a restaurant.

tumblr_mbmd2t2Ezg1qzaugao1_500.gif

thiscalltoarms

Jun 26, 2013
Boston- Seattle- NJ
Have at it...

How far are you from the Pizza place in question? I ran a pizza delivery restaurant for 5 years. 45 minutes is a long time to wait, usually means more deliveries than delivery drivers at that point.

But if you figure 2 minutes to make the pizza from dough to toppings, 9 minute on average in an oven, 2 minutes to cut it and make sure everthing is there and perfect and get it out of the building, , we're at 13 minutes and then the drive to the customers door / finding parking depending on the area. Order for take out? 15 minutes should always be doable- any further and there's an obvious bottleneck problem- one of the ovens are broken or someone just called and order 50 pizzas for 20 minutes from now.

Man, I want some pizza. Hope my local restaurant is quoting 30 minutes right now...

Kate08

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 30, 2010
There's something sadly entertaining about thinking about how you really should go to the gym tomorrow...whilst eating ice cream directly from the carton.

This is my life. :cry:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad