OT: Off Topic Thread-Someones on Thin Ice

Status
Not open for further replies.

Glove Malfunction

Ference is my binky
Jan 1, 2009
Pleasantly warm, AZ
Had to bring the baby to "school" this morning. Of course she decides that today will be the day she rolls around and thrashes like a fish out of water when I'm trying to get her dressed, and won't let me brush my teeth unless I'm holding her. Not sure how I managed to get us both ready today, cuz she screamed if I put her down.

Got stuck behind a bus on the drive there.

Line of parents and children walking into the daycare, never seen it before. Found out that there was a kid who was refusing to go through the door and his mother basically had to drag him through. Cool, delay me some more. Please.

Of course there's someone else dropping off another baby in the infant room where I need to be, and he's taking his sweet ass time. I go for the efficiency approach, "here's my baby, we fed her x amount at xx time, love you baby, see ya, thanks, bye." and I'm gone.

Got stuck behind a bus and a granny on the drive back towards the train station. I was right on the cusp of making it to my normal train stop, and time was running out. Granny went straight (which is the direction of the NEXT stop down) so I turn towards my usual stop, hoping to make it....I didn't. I got stuck at the gates and watched my train roll by :laugh:

So I drive at speeds most likely approaching Mach 3 to the next stop down...get stuck at the gates again. Gates go up and there are still tons of people boarding the train, so I whip into the lot when the gates go up and in a split second have to make the decision to park and run (and risk the lifetime shame of being "that guy" that ran and failed) or just tuck my tail in and slowly drive away. I chose the latter, cursing frantically in my car.

So I decide to just drive to Braintree and take the redline. I get stuck leaving the parking lot, and I notice that the train I just decided not to run for was STILL sitting there and hadn't left yet. I could have made it.

Traffic was horrid getting to Braintree.

Braintree lot was full. Cool.

Went down to Quincy, SUCCESS.

So if Lainey didn't decide today would be "wrestle a screaming alligator day" to get her dressed, or I didn't get stuck behind one of those buses, or granny, if kids weren't suddenly afraid of daycare, if parents knew how to bring their kids into daycare, if I had just decided from the start to not go for broke and just drove to the next stop down the line to begin with....I would have made it. Just ONE of those conditions would've been needed.

Ended up getting to work a half hour later than normal. I feel like I've already gone through one of those obstacle course marathon things. This day rules!

Go Bruins. Good grief.

That must really suck since I know how much work you have on your plate right now.

Kovi

Feb 11, 2007
So I am home from appts an busy-such-stuff this morning. I stop by my work to get my check and my boss left a bag for me. I booked a new client who owns a gelatto place. Then, a text from boss that says.....Enjoy.

Two huge containers of gelatto.....me and a spoon.

right on Wednesday, right on:handclap::handclap:

Kate08

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 30, 2010
So I am home from appts an busy-such-stuff this morning. I stop by my work to get my check and my boss left a bag for me. I booked a new client who owns a gelatto place. Then, a text from boss that says.....Enjoy.

Two huge containers of gelatto.....me and a spoon.

right on Wednesday, right on:handclap::handclap:

A spoon, you say?

:sarcasm:

Kovi

Feb 11, 2007
Damn you Chuck Dobbins.....your wife has me sobbing at my kitchen table:help::)

CamFan81

HF Snob Agitator
Mar 22, 2009
RI
I just dialed the wrong number (didn't know it at the time) but the person who answered had the same name as the guy I was calling. What a weird/awkward 2min conversation.

or perhaps you called the right person and that person just happens to be hilarious :laugh:

JRull86

Jan 28, 2009
South Shore
Someone texted me earlier thinking I was a kid named Derek, and were looking for drugs. I ****ed with them for a whole before telling them I was indeed, not Derek. Laughs were had.

LSCII

Cup driven
Mar 1, 2002
Central MA
Someone texted me earlier thinking I was a kid named Derek, and were looking for drugs. I ****ed with them for a whole before telling them I was indeed, not Derek. Laughs were had.

What kind of drugs was he looking to sell? I probably would have forwarded his number to the local PD...:laugh:

JRull86

Jan 28, 2009
South Shore
What kind of drugs was he looking to sell? I probably would have forwarded his number to the local PD...:laugh:

The hardest drug of them all, weed.

And how would I forward his number if this person thought my number was him? I'm not incriminating myself brahhhhh

Bojakees*

Sad...Tony Saprano-James Gandolfini Dead

Just happened to see it, 51....Man. Hug your kids.

Minny Shinny

Dec 23, 2011
probably at the airport
Whazamatta baby...cant handle the big leagues?:yo:

Please. I've already been fitted for my Hall of Fame jacket.

I ain't fallin' into that trap.

golfing_banana.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad